OK at a chance of getting laughed at, what do you use your "Retro PC" for?

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I finally got my "Retro' PC done as I got the proper stand-offs for the newer CoolerMaster N400.
The Specs are as follows "and I quite stink stank stunk" LoL (Lets see who can tell me what that quote is from!

Anyway
MSI Nforce 2 Motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
2.5GB of DDR 333 (2 x 1 + a 512MB stick)
ATI Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB
Sound Blaster LIVE! (Unfortunately I don't have the LIVE Drive it was supposed to come with)
160GB ** + 120GB Western Digital 7200 RPM IDE drives
Some Lite-On External CD-RW drive *
1.44MB floppy drive Mitsumi brand!
D-Link DGE-530T 10/100/1000 PCI Ethernet card
Hauppauge PVR-350

**= I got this in an external WD Media Center case for $8 at a thrift store brand new! I only wanted the drive I don't know if the act of drive "Shucking" was even a think in 2003 when this was made but I removed the case and made it internal anyway!
*= Also got this in an external case but just wanted the IDE CD-RW inside plus it need a special 5V/12V 4 pin power supply that I did not get when I got this for $0.50 at another thrift store

OK anyway what do you actually use your "Retro' PC build for and what is a good OS for this?
It has XP on it but it wants me to reactivate it as I guess I changed too much hardware I called the number but it said my "Installation ID" was invalid check it again with 6 or 7 numbers in each box!
I guess I can make a new ISO of it plus I can slipstream the needed drivers as well, but is there a better OS for this any [H] Members use another OS then Windows XP for a PC of this time period?

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
I use mine for capturing video from VHS and miniDV snice the capture devices I have, a Matrox RT.X100 and Dazzle DC150 only work in Windows XP.
The Specs on mine are AMD 9550 quadcore, 4GB Ram, EVGA GTX 285, Windows XP SP3.
IMG_3480.JPG

IMG_3479.JPG

IMG_3489.JPG

I moved the system out of the cube case into a normal case as I want to use the cube for something else,
IMG_3971.JPG

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I use mine for capturing video from VHS and miniDV snice the capture devices I have, a Matrox RT.X100 and Dazzle DC150 only work in Windows XP.

Well I still have quite a few Video-8 (8MM) cassettes that I recorded back when I was a teenager!

I got a make shift Time Base Corrector which is just an AV2HDMI and the HDMI2AV (they connect to each other via an HDMI cable) it somehow works to prevent the picture from jumping up and down and was cheaper then buying an actual one!

I got the Hauppauge PVR-350 and I also got a Hauppauge PVR-500 in a lot of computer parts I got.

I also still have the PVR-150 I bought new when I was working at CompUSA (How I miss working there and the store in general)

I moved the system out of the cube case into a normal case as I want to use the cube for something else,
What is the make model of that cube case?
I remember wanting one back in the day
YY Cube or something I forget I would love to find one!

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
Well I still have quite a few Video-8 (8MM) cassettes that I recorded back when I was a teenager!

I got a make shift Time Base Corrector which is just an AV2HDMI and the HDMI2AV (they connect to each other via an HDMI cable) it somehow works to prevent the picture from jumping up and down and was cheaper then buying an actual one!

I got the Hauppauge PVR-350 and I also got a Hauppauge PVR-500 in a lot of computer parts I got.

I also still have the PVR-150 I bought new when I was working at CompUSA (How I miss working there and the store in general)

What is the make model of that cube case?
I remember wanting one back in the day
YY Cube or something I forget I would love to find one!
Ya, it's the YY-0221. I bought mine back in 2003, was around $250 shipped. It was the most expensive case I ever bought until a few weeks ago when I bought a Corsair 680X for almost $300.

Danny Dawg

Gawd
When I had mine setup, I used it as a training machine. I had to teach the older folks in my family how to use a computer and do computer basics from square one. I would leave it with them to practice on and if they blew it up, it was no big loss.
I remember teaching them how to use a floppy disk . . ..damn I am old.