ohnoes nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sick of Nvidia and their BS I'm about ready to fly to their office and beat them senseless.

My ati machines work PERFECT in Vista. My 8800 works decently.

My 6200le just has a BSOD while updating critical downloads and installing them (while it's shutting down). Now, my sound isn't working, and my usb device isn't working.

I was playing Half Life 2 using a mod when the dang thing crashed, and now the whole system behaves errtically, causing a reformat.

I am tired of Nvidia and their ****. People are standing up for these people, try standing up for them when they destroy your hardware.

Sorry, I just got very very frustrated there.

I'm sorry, but continuing to have drivers that crash? All this will do eventually is ruin people's systems. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

And I'm sorry, but having a BSOD every time I look at a Nvidia machine wrong that isn't a 8800 is just annoying and insulting.

I know I feel the same way. I'm sick of hearing people defending nVidia saying "well if you don't have SLI 8800s then you shouldn't be running vista OMFGZORS!!!!" etc etc. The reality is that dual core X2 systems with a good AGP card are more than adequate to run Vista, and nVidia screwed all of us over.

There is a shred of hope yet though:
http://techreport.com/onearticle.x/11832

So keep on waitin I guess..

I am so sick of Nvidia and their BS I'm about ready to fly to their office and beat them senseless.

My ati machines work PERFECT in Vista. My 8800 works decently.

My 6200le just has a BSOD while updating critical downloads and installing them (while it's shutting down). Now, my sound isn't working, and my usb device isn't working.

I was playing Half Life 2 using a mod when the dang thing crashed, and now the whole system behaves errtically, causing a reformat.

I am tired of Nvidia and their ****. People are standing up for these people, try standing up for them when they destroy your hardware.

Not to side with Nvidia or anything but every revision is 15 millions lines of code. That's equivalent to creating Windows NT again. Don't get me wrong I want my GTX to work right but take it into consideration.

Just so you know.

Pair of 6600GTs in SLI here. Not a single problem. Seems to me that you might be blaming somebody else for a problem you've somehow caused yourself. Most rants like yours are just that.

Can't run games in SLI yet, of course, but I'm not expecting to until the drivers have matured enough for that to be included for all the older cards.

Maybe your a lucky one? Who knows. But I haven't done anything like poured water on it :eek:

I don't run aero glass, I have vista home basic for the 6200 le, and 1 gig of ram.

I have everything I need, I run a clean desktop. I run drivers that are compatible. I don't understand why they crash.

"hello mr. tech support person .. I am having trouble with my computer"

"hello , and I would love to be able to help you .. delete your temporary internet files and cookies and then reboot ..call back if your still having issues and thank you for calling..."

**click**

[F]old|[H]ard

The funny part of it is that there's already a group of people seeking to get a class action lawsuit going against Nvidia. One of the lamest things I've ever seen, IMO.

I think installing drivers, Nvidia worshippers, is ALOT different then spilling coffee on yourself when you shouldn't be driving wwith the coffee in the first place.

Unless we are supposed to make our own Nvidia drivers for Vista? :rolleyes:

Saying that drivers crashing are a users problem when they didn't create the drivers is about as stupid as a person sitting around a person who need an oxygen mask to breathe saying he can't breathe from 'user error'.

One other thing, User error usually occurs from doing wrong things, right?

When a person spills hot coffee, it's because they are dring while they should be watching the road.

When a person get trojans, it's because they stupidly download stupid shit...

So if crashes are coming from the Nvidia drivers and you Nvidia worshippers are basically calling it user error, should we basically call those drivers a rootkit?

Sorry, but I just had to twist those words around :p

Keep in mind I don't believe it's a rootkit :p I'm only teasing the person who was insinuating that this was user error..

That'd be me. You've got a pristine Vista installed there, have you, with no tweaks and fiddlings done to it? No software installed for which there are incompatibility issues? You've stuck to WHQL driver releases, and been meticulous in following installation procedures? you didn't somehow interrupt the driver installation, and end up with corrupted files written to disk?

blah, blah, blah.....

There are a million and one things which could have happened on your system, all of which basically come under the broad banner of 'user created problem'. That's not a personal criticism. You're the one doing the criticising, and we only have your assessment that it's actually a driver related problem.

I think people threatening class action law suits for this kind of stuff are hilarious. You are telling me you are actually going to sue a company for having somewhat buggy drivers for a two week old operating system that didn't even exist when your card was released? Oh yah, that's going to go over well for you in court.

If you had done some research you would have known that early adopting Vista in the first month or two was going to be rough sailing. New driver architecture, new 3D API, new security services. Go back to XP for a month or two and come back when the drivers are more mature.

There are a million and one things which could have happened on your system, all of which basically come under the broad banner of 'user created problem'. That's not a personal criticism. You're the one doing the criticising, and we only have your assessment that it's actually a driver related problem.

Look, I'm not one threatening class action lawsuits, etc. But I did follow all necessary steps to install Vista by the book and I don't care what anybody says, Vista does not work out of the box with an ATI AGP card and a dual core Athlon. I'm perfectly competent. You can bury your head in the sand all you want and defend nVidia come hell or high water, but there is a problem and it needs to be fixed.

No more of this "it's not happening to my system, it doesn't exist" crap. No more "it's your fault for buy ATI" crap. I don't want to hear excuses. I want to hear, from the horses mouth (nVidia) exactly what us nForce3 users can expect. So far its all just been hearsay, and that's really getting old.

No swearing in thread titles, no ALL CAPS in thread titles and like your last thread, this forum isn't your blog. No rant threads,

Ask questions for help or don't make threads please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back