OHHH Man!

donahue

Gawd
I just saw a GTA:SA ad on Tech TV, that game looks awesome. With "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns n Roses playing it sent shivvers down my spine. I really hadn't thought about the game till now, but I will go pre-order it at Gamestop tomorrow.

the gta3 series is really fun for the average console gamer (imo). To most heavy pc gamers, its just boring. You can only steal so many cars and shoot the same AI before it gets old :/

gta did nothing for me as well, it just got lame doing the same thing over and over.

Wow, I have never seen so many people say GTA was lame. Until now, I have been the only one saying that.

Wow, this thread is going totally opposite of what I expected when I clicked on it. I'm a hardcore PC gamer, yet I love the GTA series. I still play Vice City for PC even though I got 100% on it long ago. It's fun to just grab a car, piss the cops off, and see how long I can outrun them. Finding crazy stunt jumps and stuff like that is a blast too.

I'm really looking forward to San Andreas. It looks to add a great deal more depth to the gameplay.

yeh, i agree with the thread starter.. im a somewhat hardcore gamer and I still love gta.. even if you can dot he same things over and over again the story line for it is great... plus it almost never gets old stealing cars and pissing off cops just to have a high speed chase...

m4rine said:
gta did nothing for me as well, it just got lame doing the same thing over and over.

Ok... Then please explain to me the point of online MP FPS? CS is still the most popular game ever, is that not the same thing over and over? Yeah, mmhmm, thanks and get off this thread if you got no valid input whatsoever.

it's only fun if you don't own it. as soon as you start doing missions, it gets dumb. Just running around with all of the weapons wreaking havock and running from the gangs and cops is fun.

The GTA series really kind of has been stretched much too far. However they really could expand the game by having a multiplayer side of things. Imagine GTA multiplayer; it could be simular to the single player onlly have teams with like sections of the city that are yours and you go around stealing each others cars, women and money. Slow take over the other persons area. I think if they focused on the MP side of things they could make it really fun if they wanted. Just a thought though. :)

Its a good stress reliever on the console. Like vegging out in front of the TV, but better.

I did play through GTA3 out of sheer boredom over a period of time... The missions are obnoxious. At some point, the biggest test is to get away from the FBI cars and their suicide tactics. If they had better police behavior, it'd be a whole new world.

(And you'd be fucked!! Like, they'd just take you out, heh)

But that's a small amount of the time I played it compared to how much time I spent slaughtering police and pedestrians. Seeing how long I could hold out against that same, dumb AI.

Needless to say, I did not buy Vice City, and I'm not buying SA unless they do something different.

The first GTA was a really good time, too!

I love GTA and am really looking forward to SA.
The only complaint about SA I will probably have based on the different articles in gamin mags is that your character will have to watch what he eats and exercise often or else he gets fat. I think that is totally stupid. No one wants to play a game where part of the objective is to not become a total fattass. Hopefully there' will be a cheat code to enable so that you don't have to go to the gym every few hours.
At least they have made it so that you can swim now. I thought that not being able to swim in GTA3 and VC was retarded.

I think GTA 3 and VC are 2 of the best games I've ever played. It's a nice change of pace from the average FPS, RTS online multiplayer stuff. While the AI sucked for the most part what can you expect from the console games. The story was fairly good and kept me entertained. Far longer than the graphics giant Doom 3 did.

I personally can't wait for SA to come out.

Yeah I'd like to see this game as well. Of course I'd like to see it for PC. I never really liked the first two, GTA3 i thought was kind of fun, but Vice City was a whole lot of fun in my opinion. Definitely looking forward to another one. Looks kind of cool, a little different but I'm anxious to see what it's like. The videos look pretty cool.

All of you who are talking about it being boring, I kinda felt the same way, about half-way through vice city, it was fun but it felt too much of the "same".

However with SA, there are quite a few new things in store.

your character morphs and things, working out can get you toned, eating too much and not working out can give you a gut.

You can learn new moves from karate teachers and things, learn new driving styles, Learn weapon accuracy and things. It's turned into a sort of RPG type game now, instead of you just going on a rampage knowing all you need to.

You should read this:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/gta4/preview_6110172.html

I just installed GTA3 again over the weekend and had some fun, I bet when it originally came out you guys loved it. How could you not love Lazlo the radio guy? I remember when I first got GTA3 I parked the car and listened to that radio station just for kicks, so funny.

I still play GTA3 and Vice City ocasionally... They are extremely fun for about one month or so.

They are the type of games that you will forget about for a few months, remember about it someday, and have fun with it all over again... :D

GTA: VC I think is the best presented game ever. It was like a movie. I played it for about a day and gave up on it, then about 8 months later gave it another chance and stuck with it and I was blown away. I really didnt want the game to end unlike most others. And only two other games have done that for me on the PC, Grim Fandango and The Longest Journey. Everything was right and came together. I cant wait for this one to hit the PC.

Also, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City I think would make a great MMORPG which for the first time I would actually be willing to pay for if I could gun my way to the top like the game. :)

I don't really like GTA3 or VC. I owned both and got rid of them for PS2. I still have both on my harddrive on my pc but never play them.

LiquidX said:
GTA: VC I think is the best presented game ever. It was like a movie. I played it for about a day and gave up on it, then about 8 months later gave it another chance and stuck with it and I was blown away. I really didnt want the game to end unlike most others. And only two other games have done that for me on the PC, Grim Fandango and The Longest Journey. Everything was right and came together. I cant wait for this one to hit the PC.

Also, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City I think would make a great MMORPG which for the first time I would actually be willing to pay for if I could gun my way to the top like the game. :)

Oh man, an MMORPG GTA would be sooo sweet! I think I would actually pay for that... ;)

Vice City was a good game just a bit too arcade/mario like for me.Now MAFIA was GTA gameplay for the PC crowd.Fantastic game,way underrated by the critics.Shame it didn't sell enough. :(

Conman said:
Vice City was a good game just a bit too arcade/mario like for me.Now MAFIA was GTA gameplay for the PC crowd.Fantastic game,way underrated by the critics.Shame it didn't sell enough. :(

I liked Mafia a lot but it had even less free stuff to do than grand theft auto... less cars, less places to go, less weapons...

either way I found it fun but if you didn't like gta (because of its how repititive it was as some states) then you wouldn't like mafia (unless you were a huge mafia fan)

sniper991122 said:
I liked Mafia a lot but it had even less free stuff to do than grand theft auto... less cars, less places to go, less weapons...

either way I found it fun but if you didn't like gta (because of its how repititive it was as some states) then you wouldn't like mafia (unless you were a huge mafia fan)

Eh?

Mafia was better then GTA IMO.

Mainly because the story was told very nicely, it felt more real then the gta games.

Then on top of that the Atmosphere and things were great.

I think he'd prolly like it better.

I loved GTA3 and GTA:VC. I could just drive around forever causing havoc. Both of them have excellent replay value for me. When SA hits the PC I will pick it up the day it comes out.

Steel Chicken said:
Is Street Crime LA or WTF its called anything like GTA?

true crime: streets of la.

It's sort of like it. Except you're a cop and things. A lot more hand to hand fighting/on foot shooting too.

It got pretty mixed reviews, I enjoyed it.

I loved GTA3, it was revolutionary and i never got bored of it, the environments, the cities, the people, it was all just amazing. Then vice city came out and i bought it thinking it would get better... well all i can say was that the atmosphere and feel to the game plain sucked. I do know that i will get San Andreas though becasue i like that setting a lot better and i like the fact that its more options in the game now...

Back