Oh yeah, another one: help me find a case.

Which case should I buy?

• Antec P160

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Coolermaster Centurion 5

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coolermaster Stacker

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Silverstone TJ05

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silverstone TJ06

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Thermaltake Armor

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Thermaltake Shark

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thermaltake Tsunami

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Drop the cash for the V1000B-W, it's worth it.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

GForce64

Gawd
I'm getting tired of the Skyhawk that I bought with my current rig, as it feels cheap. The panels are hard to get on/off, the mobo tray is flimsy, and it's loud as hell.

So, keeping that in mind, I'd like a case with these features.

Must haves:
120MM fans
Fairly quiet
Lack of bling
Under 150 dollars

Preferred:
Side window
Removable mobo tray

Anyway, if they weren't more expensive than my processor and video card combined, I'd probably get something from the Lian-Li V series. But they're too expensive.

I've set up a poll with cases I'm looking at. Please specify which one you think I should go with, or post another option.

im using the Antec p160WF..and i have no complaints about it..they are getting harder to find...you cant go wrong with anything Antec makes

GForce64 said:
If it's out in December, I'll consider it. But I really don't like it's asthetics.
no? which case's exterior do u currently like?

Pretty much everything mentioned in the poll other than the TT stuff, mainly. They're there because they have the features I want and are mentioned frequently.

Antec p150

it's $160 at newegg but comes with an Antec 430W HE modular PSU

supposedly is very quiet

has 120mm fan in the back and 2 92mm fans up front

hard drive suspension system for noise damping

preinstalled sound damping material to the side panels

downside: it only comes in white (and it IS white, not beige) with silver front

check out the silentpcreview review of it: www.silentpcreview.com/article272-page1.html

I don't understand why there is a "what case should I buy?" thread once a week. What's wrong with research?

SpangeMonkee said:
I don't understand why there is a "what case should I buy?" thread once a week. What's wrong with research?

I'd think the fact that I've posted a poll of cases that I am looking at shows I've done some research, but am having trouble narrowing it down. ;)

GForce64 said:
I'd think the fact that I've posted a poll of cases that I am looking at shows I've done some research, but am having trouble narrowing it down. ;)
yeea but all those cases hav their strong features so which features are u looking for? did u want a full tower for alotta room? or a midtower? find out wat features that u really want or need and youll be able to narrow it down

NugeRules said:
Antec p150

it's $160 at newegg but comes with an Antec 430W HE modular PSU

supposedly is very quiet

has 120mm fan in the back and 2 92mm fans up front

hard drive suspension system for noise damping

preinstalled sound damping material to the side panels

downside: it only comes in white (and it IS white, not beige) with silver front

check out the silentpcreview review of it: www.silentpcreview.com/article272-page1.html
damn that case is already out....i like it :p but i do wish that it came in black and that antec had a version w/o the power supply

N H O said:
yeea but all those cases hav their strong features so which features are u looking for? did u want a full tower for alotta room? or a midtower? find out wat features that u really want or need and youll be able to narrow it down

Really, I don't need anything other than what I specifically said. I'm leaning torwards the Stacker, though, as I like it's style and features, and my case is almost never moved.

GForce64 said:
Really, I don't need anything other than what I specifically said. I'm leaning torwards the Stacker, though, as I like it's style and features, and my case is almost never moved.
yeea but thats still kinda broad bc there are soo many cases that hav those features

Back