"Oh I've always liked Intel, AMD was just a hobby..."

Mako360

Limp Gawd
Hilarious when a hot young babe throws you some serious attention just how tired and old the wife looks isn't it? Conroe is a 21-year old version of Jenna after today, and the FX just became Courtney Love... :D

Every AMD forum on the net has hundreds of apologetic AMDers jumping on that large Conroe bandwagon as if it they were Pittsburg Steelers lifelong fans a month ago. Suddenly, dramatically, everyone was "really" an Intel fan but were just using AMD chips "to get by"...:D

The King is dead. Long live the King.

(cf)Eclipse said:
indeed. the king can live when we can buy the king ;)

Whatever.
Press conference > retail product.

That's why crossfire has done so well against SLI.

Mako360 said:
Suddenly, dramatically, everyone was "really" an Intel fan but were just using AMD chips "to get by"...:D

Oh well, there are two types of people: ones who lead bandwagons and those who follow bandwagons.

And besides those there are a plethora of other types. Human behavior is funny sometimes. Though, it's usually more fun to laugh than to be laughed at.

I honestly haven't seen any of what you are talking about. Most people that aren't !!!!s say "i'll go with the best deal for my money"

Intel finally wised up and stopped simply pushing the clockspeed on netburst.

TheTMan said:
I honestly haven't seen any of what you are talking about. Most people that aren't !!!!s say "i'll go with the best deal for my money"

Intel finally wised up and stopped simply pushing the clockspeed on netburst.

But higher clocks were actually getting them somewhere with 65nm...

3.8 is fastest out, it's been that for a LONG time.... Even before 65nm.... It NOTHING for the P4.....

robberbaron said:
Whatever.
Press conference > retail product.

That's why crossfire has done so well against SLI.

And I pray to god that intel well not allow nvidia sli to run on its M/B . ATI stepped right up to the plate with intel and Xfire. Than shoot off your mouth a year from now.

they'll be staying with the Intel bandwagon for quite some time.
more processors are under development plus the not so secret new
interconnect.

duby229 said:
3.8 is fastest out, it's been that for a LONG time.... Even before 65nm.... It NOTHING for the P4.....

The 65nm chips are hitting 4.2GHz + on air cooling.

$BangforThe$ said:
And I pray to god that intel well not allow nvidia sli to run on its M/B . ATI stepped right up to the plate with intel and Xfire. Than shoot off your mouth a year from now.

I'm sure we'll see more crossfire eventually, but the fact is, it's just not a widely available product compared to SLI now

Heh people see few benchmarks and already start jumping to the other side? :)
For me what matters is cheapest dual core cpu on the market on the Intel side not some uber cpus that i won't see for next 6 months.

Well i also sometimes wonder how would 2.5 Ghz Pentium III compare to those :D

Conroe looks promising, but the whole "taking sides" to computer parts is hilariously childish. I love AMD and Intel cpu's, both perform really well these days, I guess its the middle/high school kids who create the "cyber gangs" AMD vs.Intel.

I've personally always bought intel processors and chipset based mobo's. The one time I bought an AMD it suxord the most. it was a k2 chip 300mhz iirc... nothing ran properly on it.. then I got an abit mobo (intel chipset) and a celery 300A... I took a supar cheap chip and it become bad stuff.. if you buy intel every 18 months you will not be dissapointed... if your in the epen0cs competition then every 9 months to a year you'll be well off. Dont be one of the many posters that says I just cant get it to work even though I did it right when you have an AMD proc or VIA or SIS chipset or even worse both. yeah I'm a !!!!!!, but I've never had a complaint and never felt inadequate in a epen0s contest.

But the same holds true nowadays when it comes to having the best... if you do similar cycles with their product you'll be cool... when AMD is down intel is up and vis versa.. Competition = better stuff for us at lower prices.

wee96 said:
Conroe looks promising, but the whole "taking sides" to computer parts is hilariously childish. I love AMD and Intel cpu's, both perform really well these days, I guess its the middle/high school kids who create the "cyber gangs" AMD vs.Intel.

Listen to this man. This is not a cpu turf war. All (non intelligence drained f.a.n.b.o.i) geeks who crave performance will, umm, go for the parts with the most performance. Its that simple.

You know I dream of a world without fanb.o.i.s.m...........It would be such an intelligent place.

Mako360 said:
Hilarious when a hot young babe throws you some serious attention just how tired and old the wife looks isn't it? Conroe is a 21-year old version of Jenna after today, and the FX just became Courtney Love... :D

Every AMD forum on the net has hundreds of apologetic AMDers jumping on that large Conroe bandwagon as if it they were Pittsburg Steelers lifelong fans a month ago. Suddenly, dramatically, everyone was "really" an Intel fan but were just using AMD chips "to get by"...:D

One of the dumbest things I've ever read. So because people have AMD processors if a new processor comes out that;s faster than AMD's fastest then suddenly they're all bandwagon jumpers?!

People are excited about Conroe because it looks like a very good processor and they have no brand loyalty. The true diehard AMD fans are saying "there must be something wrong with the benches", the people who happen to own AMD but appreciate good, new technology are saying "excellent, intel are competative again.

:rolleyes:

ManicOne said:
You know I dream of a world without fanb.o.i.s.m...........It would be such an intelligent place.
Stop coming to the forums and you're that much closer.

I bought my AMD mobo and CPU because for the same or a wee bit less money and effort I could have a game multimedia machine powerhouse (X2 4800+) My last cpu was a 2.4 c which was fine but agp only :(. I favor Asus boards which is what I have for my amd and the last 3 boards at the least for my main intel rigs prior to that I have a 933. Anyways my first expensive rig was an intel 200mhz pentium in college 64mb of ram and a matrox card with an add in voodoo which totally kicked ass. AMD cpus well rigs I had then up until the X2 IMO just didn't run as well overall for the money. My XP CPU just didn't feel peppy compared to my p3 or p4. Dual CPU has always been intel for me until this latest X2. I am also fond of the old intel BX chipset mmm.

Anyways my beef is that my AMD system at the moment runs real good. It doesn't feel faster than my p4 2.4 did in most cases but this has sata drives instead 2 gpu's 512 gtx's whereas I had 1 ti 4600 in the intel rig hehe. All in all I think AMD came to a point finally where they felt right in my book mine does anyways when previously XP and prior CPU's and their chipsets always had issues minor and major and overall felt more sluggish. The X2 impressed me and I enjoy it but I paid for it :). Intel hasn't done me wrong in chipsets or mobos even lack of overclocking but they are making headway it seems. When I saw the pentium dual cores mobile chips mind you compared to a x2 it looked pretty obvious that intel would most likely have a winner on their hands after some revision.

Nothing wrong with either company and yes technically speaking by benchmarks intel has been slower for awhile but who cares. AMD Sempron machines even the emachine kind run really well in my experience for the money. Intel has the edge price wise let's see if it continues if they come out leading the performance area. I know in the past I always paid a premium for Intel and lately it seemed they were actually cheaper than AMD. I also hope MD get the act together in the mobile arena they lack big time in that area and have for awhile much like ATI performance wise.

My biggest gripe when I check forums and posts are people saying it isn't fair comparing a x2 4800 oc'ed to 2.8 or a fx 60 blah blah new against old? Who cares put it this the way I see is we haven't seen much of an improvement from intel or amd by a decent margin over last generation to warrant an upgrade. Intel actually warrants an upgrade due to the increases in performance if the numbers are true. That is in iteself impressive I would say the same if AMD came out with AM2 and achieved the same numbers over their last gen. One more thing another thing that annoys me is that people claim AM2 or some ghostly amd product is going to come out soon? THe initial data on AM2 suggest a slight performance decrease in areas not an increase due to latency or so they say whatever. I am also amazed that intel is pulling this off without an integrated memory controller on die which says something.

Anyways who cares if I upgrade again at the end of the years it's either Intel or AMD and a dx10 card not to mention nforce 5 is coming out guys which might actually be attractive with better sound I hope (crosses fingers).

Been running AMD for the past 6 years because they have had a great showing. If things stick like this I'd switch back. Haven't used an Intel since a low end P3 :p

I'm not a !!!!!! of either, I just go with what is better at the time.

"I saw this on Anandtechs forum:

Quote:
Originally posted by: dexvx
shock
denial <-- AMD !!!!!!s are here
depression
anger
acceptance
Sorry to whomever posted that, but I have to correct them. It's an obvious rip-off of Elizabeth Kubler-Ross's stages of grieving and they go:
1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance
Sometimes a social worker has some technical knowledge to contribute, even here:p
And to the OP, your premise is silly, you're obviously an Intel !!!!!! trying to stir up trouble, you make a couple of funny analogies, and you can't spell Pittsburgh.

Ha!

I was wondering what all the !!!!!!!!'s was about. Evidently f a n b 0 ! is automagically switched to !!!!!!.

......But if those benches hold up in the retail product and it's not another $1000 part, I will get me one of those. Looks like a nice "leap."

superkdogg said:
......But if those benches hold up in the retail product and it's not another $1000 part, I will get me one of those. Looks like a nice "leap."
For the 2.6ghz part used in the test the price quoted was $530. BARGAIN.

i still like my amd just for the simple fact that when i tell someone i own an amd they dont automatically think i own a dell.

im a much bigger fan of amd than i am of intel, but i like what i see in conroe. when it comes time to upgrade, if amd hasnt got something out to compete by then, i dont mind going to conroe. price/performance is what its all about.

empoy said:
the true diehard AMD fans are still in the state of denial

You're right. The diehard's don't want to accept the benchmark results because in September their three year gaming empire will be coming to an end (The original Athlon 64 launched in 2003).

So far i see mostly intel fan_boys in this thread trying to take revenge for last 5 years (or whatever time pentium IV architecture debiuted ;) )
Oh well i'm buying 805d now then upgrade ddri to ddr II agp card to pci-exp then i'm set to decide if AM2 or conroe is better for price/performance/overclocking ratio :D

ManicOne said:
Listen to this man. This is not a cpu turf war. All (non intelligence drained f.a.n.b.o.i) geeks who crave performance will, umm, go for the parts with the most performance. Its that simple.

Hopefully your implying you agree with what I said, otherwise it makes no sense.

Rhitick said:
Been running AMD for the past 6 years because they have had a great showing. If things stick like this I'd switch back. Haven't used an Intel since a low end P3 :p

I'm not a !!!!!! of either, I just go with what is better at the time.

Same here. My last Intel setup was a Dell P3 system back in late 2000. Ever since then its been Athlon / Athlon XP / Athlon 64. Price when considering overclocking & game performance couldn't be beat, especially with the Athlon64 part.

Now Intel is finally back on track. When I upgrade (late 2006/early 2007) and Intel's offerings look to be awesome compared to AMDs at that time, i'll switch to Intel. Until then my overclocked $100 AMD Athlon64 running at 2.8GHz is hard to beat.

Ya know if it wasnt for amd shoving a plunger up intels ass for the last coupla years i dont think intel wouldve came out with a smartend up processor like conroe for say 2008 or so because they wouldve always had the performance lead and all still be using prescotts for keeping your room warm in the winter. and anyways competition is always good for the consumer, so lest the fan.b.o.i. remarks and shit for the 5th graders and act like an intelligent consumer. i myself have 2 amd x2 systems and 3 intel systems, its all the same to me.

I still can't believe people get mad n' stuff over hardware...
dude, seriously, you're not going to become rich or famous for defending your brand...

just sit back and discuss about improvements....
AMD still has 6 months to sell really well and up to now they are the best....
when intel comes out with these new babies... GREAT!
if they are THAT good the scenario will switch... so what eh?
Geezzzz.... :(

Go Conroe!! :D I need to jump ships unless AMD has something up ther sleeve :D

Want to know what's funny? Starting your own thread to rant when there are already plenty of Conroe discussion threads labels you the Attention...uhm "seeker." Labelling other people bandwagon jumpers labels you the !!!!!!. They very well could have just chose what was faster at the time.

You are being what you seemingly despise. Starting your own thread to do it makes it worse. I don't see any AMD !!!!!!sm provoking such responses. You picked horrible argument. I'd venture all the guys that rave about whose on top at any given time and then quickly hop off are educated consumers. "Bandwagon jumpers" are obliterating your rig if it has the blue swirlie on it now, and will just join you in purchasing a faster rig when FINALLY the fastest cpu is line with the company flag you are waving. All elementary. Good day. Challenge a bandwagon jumper to some benchies son. :p

My personal purchase history over the years:

Voodoo3 PCI -> TNT2 ultra -> Geforce 3 -> 9700 Pro -> 7800GTX
P2 350 -> Athlon XP 1600+ -> P4 2.4C -> X2 4200+
(all o/c'ed of course! ;) )

I think I can safely say that I'm the definition of " not a !!!!!! ".

The OP, on the other hand, really comes off as one.

"SEeeeee intel is teh awesome! It was totally worth waiting all this time for intel to finally come back! LOL @ all the people planning on switching from amd to intel! They're not allowed to buy intel without being laughed at b/c they were unloyal !!11 Buying inferior products has really payed off for me now that intel's new chip will kick AMD's ass six months from now! Respect me since I've always known intel is the best!!11"

I apologize if I completely misinterpreted your post, but thats exactly how your post comes off to me and, I suspect, to alot of other people reading it.

*shrug*

So let's get this straight.

-Intel is performance king 'til 1999. Long live Intel.
-Athlon comes out in 1999 making AMD the performance king. Some switch to AMD, some refuse to admit that AMD is better - usually claiming that AMD is not stable, having no basis for this claim.
-7 years go by, with some companies taking on AMD, but still concentrating on Intels, which have dropped way behind AMD in speed in most applications while drawing much more power. Intel zealots still refuse to admit that AMD is ahead.
-Intel finally comes out with a sweet CPU and many of the people who originally switched from Intel to AMD say they'll probably switch back to Intel if AMD can't do anything soon.

What's the problem? The Intel Zealots are still worse.

I won't even CONSIDER buying a P4, but I'm very excited about Conroe.

Back