oh crap, what did i kill this time?

thesmelliestsock.

[H]ard|Gawd
hey guys, im having a problem here. i finally decided to put my tt wc kit back in my comp, and after i did, my comp wont boot. the lights from the fans go on for a sec and shut right back down. only thing i can think of is if i tightened the bolts on the waterblock too tight.

any advice?

Look for short circuits too.. make sure you didn't leave any screws or anything like that on top of the board.. or behind it too..

holy shit, mine did this exact same thing when i installed mine today, i unplugged the atx connector and moved around some wiring behind the mainboard and it works now :confused:

Ok, so my problem changed a bit now, lol. I foundout that the molex on the floppy drive was messed up, and causing the computer to short upon turning it on. So I removed that, the computer boots, pump runs monitor turns on, all for a whopping 5 seconds, and then it goes down again. I'll try checking the connections behind my mainboard when I get home today. Any other suggestions?

@DiseasedCow

I used a blacklight and could not find any leaks. I know it's not leaking now because the pump starts and the water flows fine :)

It might be possible that your CPU is getting too hot in that short time period. Check temps if possible. Also, reseat your CPU if nothing ever displays on the screen.

I donno about what stuff you have... but... maybe your system can't boot if it senses there is no fan on the CPU fan connector?
-my 2 cents...

The pump runs off of the CPU fan connecter on the Tt Aquarius. I tried troubleshooting today, but no luck. Tried another graphics card, removed my soundcard, tried different RAM, reseated my CPU, disconnected my harddrives and CD Drives, no luck.

I'm starting to think something is just dead :(

Shutting down after 5 seconds is usually a sign that the motherboards CPU fan RPM detection is kicking in. Try holding down the insert key on your keyboard while you power up and see if it boots or try connecting a fan to the CPU_FAN connector on your motherboard.

If either of the steps above gets you up and running, go into the BIOS and look for the CPU fan RPM protection entry and disable it. :)

Wow, Blue Falcon can I have your god-damn babies? I held insert while booting and it booted just fine, and then I hooked up a fan to the CPU connecter and it booted fine without me holding insert.

Problem solved, didn't fry anything :D

Thank you so much guys! You've all been helpful, which is why I love these forums :)

Back