Oh bloody hell ATI, Paper Launch INC!

pandora's box

Supreme [H]ardness
Hi there

The X1800 XT 512MB scores 9100 in 3D Mark 2005 which I stated several months ago, guess I've been right all along since day one, so all those who flamed me best take back what they said. Again like I said its a willy waving product which will have poor availability to begin with......

The X1800 XT won't clock a huge amount more on air, but due to the lower manufacturing process it will respond extremely well to some seriously good cooling.

So yes as always I have said X1800 XT is quicker than a stock factory clocked 7800 GTX (430/1200) which scores just under 8000 in 3D Mark. But the faster overclocked GTX's will score 8600 - 9300 on air cooling and are easily available and cheaper at OcUK.

The X1800 XT is gonna be seriously limited stock wise though probably until December unfortunately. There will be no X1800 XT's on launch day and probably not until end of this month, so now were gonna have to do with X1800 XL's which are in allocation but OcUK are getting frequent deliveries to cope with demand.

I believe on launch day there will be 10 units worldwide which will go out to the press and none will go to Etailors......

Expect small numbers to come through to the UK end of this month or early November and no doubt OcUK will have exclusive as we take priority in the UK and if stock is seriously limited then yes the price will be very high, but don't blame OcUK, blame ATI as OcUK is a business and were here to make money and obviously if something is rare and not available easily then more money has to be made. Its just like say a Ferrari Enzo you pay to have something that most can't afford....

P.S. Its looking doubtful that X1800 XL will be available on day of launch as well, keeping fingers crossed for end of this week at the moment.

On Wednesday we shall place cards on pre-order from Connect3D, HIS, PowerColor and Sapphire. We hope to recieve HIS and Sapphire X1800 XL 256MB stock this week and pricing is still yet to be confirmed.....

If we do recieve any X1800 XT's this month then it will probably be less than 50 units, we will no doubt be the only Etailor with stock and the price will be high until allocation problems go away.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17477412&page=1&pp=30

Here we go again. x1800xt phantom editions... :mad:

So what if the X1800xt's score 9100 in 3dmark05 that game sucks. 7800gtx plus DOOM 3 = teh win

rcf1987 said:
So what if the X1800xt's score 9100 in 3dmark05 that game sucks. 7800gtx plus DOOM 3 = teh win

read the entire quote. x1800xt's retail availability in DECEMBER. x1800xl's retail availability NEXT MONTH.

stupid decision ati, especially when nvidia hard launched the 7800 series.

See that's different to what I've heard, which si that we will see the x1800xl on october 5th but not see the x1800xt untill november.

If they are having yield problems they are having yield problems. I am sure ATi would have loved to have this card launched 4 months ago with enormous quantities available. Sometimes that just cant happen. Its not like ATi can go buy a couple thousand Ooompa Loopma's and tell them to get to work making the cards!

So for the people saying "Bad decision ATi, Bad move ATi" or whatnot, calm down. ATi wants to put out the middle end cards of the new generation now and work up to the other kind, which IMO is a good move. This is where most people spend their money, and ATi wants to get their products out at or before Nvidia launches their midrange.

exactly...than what's up with the "news" that re/e-tailers already have cards and are waiting for go-ahead from ATI...

Netrat33 said:
Um...so...your completely believing some forum post? Maybe I missed something but...how's that a source?

From the post:

no doubt OcUK will have exclusive as we take priority in the UK and if stock is seriously limited then yes the price will be very high,

The quote is from an OcUK employee, apparently, reporting that they HAVE NO X1800XL IN STOCK, and are HOPING for an end-of-week delivery. They have NO X1800XT IN STOCK, and are told none will be available for several months.

That's from a retailer SELLING these cards - if they say they don't have them, they don't have them!

Meh, Its probably isn't. I can't believe ATI would screw up THIS bad. They are giving nVidia the chance to comeback. Its not right.

On the other hand, All their main stream porducts will not be avialable in October either (the x13 and x16) so I wonder.

Or maybe I should acutally follow the link before I comment......nah. :p

slyven said:
On the other hand, All their main stream porducts will not be avialable in October either (the x13 and x16) so I wonder.

No, those are the only cards that WILL be available Oct 5.

The X1300, X1600, and X1800 Pro will be available Oct 5.

The X1800 XL will be available within the next few weeks in LIMITED quantities, and sometime late in the month or November in mass numbers.

X1800 XT will not be available much outside review sites until December.

wheres the facts?

does this guy have some sort of inside information about the availability?

also, i believe hearing a few weeks back that ATI didn't plan on having the XT's available on day one (something about proving that no retailer had the card to test? to debunk all the faked "leaked results") so i do not know if this really counts as news or not

dderidex said:
No, those are the only cards that WILL be available Oct 5.

The X1300, X1600, and X1800 Pro will be available Oct 5.

The X1800 XL will be available within the next few weeks in LIMITED quantities, and sometime late in the month or November in mass numbers.

X1800 XT will not be available much outside review sites until December.

Hmm, i could I sworn i saw an article that said that in order to prevent competion with their own mainstream cards the next gen mainstreams would be released later...... Guess it was wrong. Oh well, we will see tmw.

Trimlock said:
wheres the facts?

does this guy have some sort of inside information about the availability?

also, i believe hearing a few weeks back that ATI didn't plan on having the XT's available on day one (something about proving that no retailer had the card to test? to debunk all the faked "leaked results") so i do not know if this really counts as news or not

Plz read the forum.

Expect small numbers to come through to the UK end of this month or early November and no doubt OcUK will have exclusive as we take priority in the UK and if stock is seriously limited then yes the price will be very high, but don't blame OcUK, blame ATI as OcUK is a business and were here to make money and obviously if something is rare and not available easily then more money has to be made. Its just like say a Ferrari Enzo you pay to have something that most can't afford....

i just hope there are at least few of those XT's out there...i just wanna see the benchmarks, that is all

bazylik said:
i just hope there are at least few of those XT's out there...i just wanna see the benchmarks, that is all

You will see benchmarks....the cards are out there.

PRIME1 said:
What good are benchmarks for a card you can't buy.

You too

Actually reading the forum did remind me that they mentioned the mainstream cards come out first and in november the flagships. But I guess you'll believe what you want.

[RIP]Zeus said:
Good one ;)

Hooray for paper launches, and holodecks. :p

nvidia f@nboys are so funny with the new benches putting serious heat on the GTX that they grasp for any shred of negative press.

I think you're going to be surprised big time with how the mainstream cards even hold up to image quality to 7800. Heck the the x800 series now handles alpha textures AA.

When I was just outside having my smoke break. Their was this guy talking about Intel and ATI. He said his cousins, bakers, sisters, grocer. Had a cousin that know a guy that worked for the FBI. And he said that both companies were under charges that were so bad. That both companies were going to shut down and the respective owners were fleeing the country. And would end up on a tropical island some where. Watching lost and reruns of Gilligians Island.

I wasnt sure and I really didnt beleive it. But I thought id let you guys know.

Netrat33 said:
nvidia f@nboys are so funny with the new benches putting serious heat on the GTX that they grasp for any shred of negative press.
I don't think anyones worried about how fast ATI's next paper card will be. They may have well benched it with Duke Nukem or Halo 5.

Netrat33 said:

I think you're going to be surprised big time with how the mainstream cards even hold up to image quality to 7800. Heck the the x800 series now handles alpha textures AA.

Hey guess what...i got 2x 6800GT's.... :eek:

the x1800 is nothing impresive...show me some REAL benchmarks and some REAL facts about this card that will make me want to go and get one now. (which i can't :p )

Till then i don't care about these fake benchmarks made by PR bullshit. plz show me proof that it's out and i can buy it. Till then the paper does not impress me.

PRIME1 said:
I don't think anyones worried about how fast ATI's next paper card will be. They may have well benched it with Duke Nukem or Halo 5.

Really? Because even this site as your "hope news" even states the mainstream cards are in. The 5xx series is coming tomorrow or thursday in some shape or form.

[RIP]Zeus said:
Hey guess what...i got 2x 6800GT's.... :eek:

the x1800 is nothing impresive...show me some REAL benchmarks and some REAL facts about this card that will make me want to go and get one now. (which i can't :p )

Till then i don't care about these fake benchmarks made by PR bullshit. plz show me proof that it's out and i can buy it. Till then the paper does not impress me.

Come back tomorrow after NDA.

It better put pressure on the 7800's. I mean, the damn things have been out for 4 months now. By the time the XT's are available in mass it seems that the 7800s will have been out for almost /half a year/. Any product that release half a year later than a competitor better be competitive, or something is seriously wrong.

I frankly dont understand what all the fuss is about, for the last 3/4 months, I've had a great gaming experience with the 7800, and I expect that when people can buy them, people will have a great experience with the new ati cards. Difference is, I've been doing it since the summer. Right card, right price, right time. Thats what it really comes down too.

Netrat33 said:
Come back tomorrow after NDA.

Still not going to hold my breath... :eek:

I will sleep quite well tonight with my bought and paid for 2 x 6800GT's in SLI :D

will you sleep tonight?

Why would someone doubt they paper launched it? You seen a purchasable Crossfire system yet? I wrote ATI off a couple years ago myself...6800GT and 7800GTX later...no regrets. :cool:

Netrat33 said:
Really? Because even this site as your "hope news" even states the mainstream cards are in. The 5xx series is coming tomorrow or thursday in some shape or form.
If their "GTX killer" is not released and available in quanity, it will be seen as a failure.

Netrat33 said:
well actually yea :D

But I do believe they are releasing the mainstreams tomorrow

Hope your right....like i said cross your fingers it's not another paper airplane ready for launch :D

Netrat33 said:

Not just fan boys really. Everyone is taking there licks at ATI for there massive amounts of paper launches over the past few months. Even more shots are taking directly at them for all these false updates & benchmarks popping up on numerous sites. I favored nvida for many years myself & i will honestly have to say regardless of how good the card actually is, the time ATI gave Nvidia to make there sales with there 7x line was good enough. While ATI is still working to get these cards out, Nvidia can be working on a number of things to assure that ATI doesn't get that much of an upper hand. Sort of like a boxing match between the 2. ATI is up against the ropes & Nvidia wants to keep it that way. Im sure Nvidia knows that they have the upperhand atm, so they won't want to go ahead & screw up by letting ATI back into the mix that easily. There up to something, im sure of it. Way to much time was given for them to not be doing something with it

-DarkLegacy

Back