Offline Steam = This Wednesday

The survey is probaly gonna ask about your system specx so they know what to put for minimum requirments :p

That would explain why its down here... now I'm stuck with a few pulled ligaments (sp?) in my ankle and nothing to do :(

OMG

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

did i mention?

YES!

Dilemma: To "vote" on the hardware I'd have to scratch my HL2-key....

...But if I do that I'm sure the graphics card will die ten seconds later. :-\

Ok so its out, but its running slow since everyone who runs steam in the world is trying to update at once. It might be best to wait a bit.

Soon as I get home I'm gonna HAVE to upgrade this. I've been playing so much CS lately... I've been thinking about joining up with a clan thats serious.. try to get to cal-m or p. :D

ugh, seems like steam is down. When I try to start steem, it gets to 5% of the update and then says steam cannot connect. Oh well, maybe it will work later when there isn't as many people trying to get this.

my steam just updated, nice and fast too, weee

although the website seems to be down, heh

Umm I just updated and all the survey was is an information gathering system to see what the rest of the community has - no benchmark included.

Well, mine gets too 100% then says its unavailable.. I heard that theres gonna be another big update tonight at 6 EST maybe. We'll see.

Now it gets done, launches STEAM, then when I go to login, it says unavailable. :(

Steam's servers are getting hammered. It always happens when a big update for any game comes out. It might be best to wait it off for a day or until later tonight. Some people have told me they have it and that the offline play really works so good job to valve there.

SWEET i got it.

The offline mode requires you to be up date somewhat as far as i can tell. It shows you how much you need before you can play in offline mode.

The hl2 hardware survey is not a benchmark. But i'm glad the offline play actually works.

Its still pretty slow due to server hammering.

I'm waiting on my CS to update.. but its not updating :( I need to play CS :D

They haven't implemented the BitTorrent tech yet?

Can't wait to hear all the complaining that will produce.

Originally posted by eloj
They haven't implemented the BitTorrent tech yet?

Can't wait to hear all the complaining that will produce.

well they hired the creator of bit-torrent taht doesnt mean it would use exactly the same tech, but they could i guess. It better not be soo similar to bit-torrent taht it uses the same ports b/c my isp blocks/limits bandwith for bit-torrent down to 0.05 kb/s or somthing rediculously low :(

So what's so different about going around and setting it up so that you play offline? Does that just mean Steam will run while offline or what?

Its running fine now. I tested the offline mode. It works fine, but steam requires you to at least use it online once i believe (not necessarly once a day or something, once since it was installed) to use offline mode. It worked fine. Long live lan parties.

Where is this offline mode?

Ok, just to clarify my dumb question, is this basically the same as every other game... Steam will run offline, you are able to open up the game and browse LAN servers? Or is there something you have to do to enable LAN play on Steam?

Originally posted by Punkrulz
Where is this offline mode?

Ok, just to clarify my dumb question, is this basically the same as every other game... Steam will run offline, you are able to open up the game and browse LAN servers? Or is there something you have to do to enable LAN play on Steam?

right click the tray icon and choose exit, steam will then tell you that if you simply choose exit you can then run in offline mode, whereas if you choose "exit and logout" you simply logout of steam and exit the program.

new update was great except for the fact that you get an error when watching/recording demos.

Back