Offline files in Server 2003

delemorte

Gawd
So my users are allowed to sync up their my docs folder off of the share drive so they have them on their laptops but they have recently begun to sync to shared resources which has really screwed up some people. I have gone over what to sync and what not to sync and they still screw it up. So i was wondering if there was a way that i could just disallow access to a particular directory via offline from the server? This way i can just make the folders i want them to have access to available offline and lock the rest. this way i dont need to worry about people pressing dang buttons.

Less than 10 users and less than 20 folders we are talking about so nothing too terribly complex here.

what you could do...
but it would require you touching each laptop.

sync only the folders that need it.

Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Network -> Offline Files -> Enable "Prohibit User Configuration"

yeah that would work until i have additional offline resources. I was hoping to prohibit it at the server level.

I think i got it..

Right click on the folder in question and select properties. thenSharing tab and check share. Click the Caching button then select do not allow offline file... I need to test it out...

Edit: yea it worked.

Back