Official World of Warcraft Movie Trailer

WoW - er...Yeah - this does look really good! I'm pretty surprised. The Wolves look hella cool...I'm looking forward to checking this out.

CGI looks great....for an all CGI movie, but mixed in with live action/actors....meh. Looks like shit. Hopefully the story will be good.

I was actually a little let down with the CGI but I was watching it on a 1600x900 screen so that could be a factor.

Looks good! A movie based on a video game focusing on the actual story instead of the gameplay? Who would have thought!

CGI looks great....for an all CGI movie, but mixed in with live action/actors....meh. Looks like shit. Hopefully the story will be good.

That is what I was about to come say. The CGI looked great if the movie was full CGI. But with it being mixed, just looks off. It is like they wanted the creatures to look exactly like in the game and not make them look more realistic. But not a huge fan of how that looks.

That said the movie still looks interesting and I will see it. Just not a huge fan of the look.

I must admit, I had my reservations about a Warcraft movie but this looks great! Should be a good summer movie to see.

More proof that the Hobbit movies ripped off the orcs from WoW.

Because artists haven't been depicting orcs in many different ways since Tolkien wrote The Hobbit in 1937.

17n4sh8xo192qjpg.jpg

I bet if you look for some old Warhammer artwork you'll see something just as close there too.

Because artists haven't been depicting orcs in many different ways since Tolkien wrote The Hobbit in 1937.

17n4sh8xo192qjpg.jpg

I bet if you look for some old Warhammer artwork you'll see something just as close there too.

You have to admit the Misty Mountain forges look a hell of a lot like Ironforge would look. There is little doubt The Hobbit drew from warcraft just a bit. And why wouldnt they, ironforge is a cool realization of a dwarven society.

The official World of Warcraft trailer is out and, even though it is just a trailer, it actually looks better than I expected.

The CGI is good, but the dialog is wooden. If this was cut scenes for a video game, it'd be incredible, but as a movie, this looks like a bush league LotR. Barring incredible reviews, I'll pass.

CGI on the Orcs ground this thing to a screeching halt, they're PIXAR-cartoonish. I realize its tricky trying to blend CGI in with live action.

They got the lead actor from VIKINGS which is cool, but really just reminds me I'd rather be watching that show.

as a huge warcraft fan there is some things about this movie that bugs me.

first too little too late,
also did we learn nothing from the steaming pile that the hobbit turned into? if you want to do a fantasy film on a huge licensed property, you had best do it the way the original 3 lotr movies handled the fantasy world. interspersing cgi to the degree it will take to create a fantasy world is just a no-go.

i'll go see it, but after being immensely disappointed by the hobbit, my excitement for live action fantasy is very low.

i'd like to see it do well enough however to actually get other story arcs, considering it looks like they are covering the early warcraft games. i think something like scourge invasion or the lich king would make an excellent story for a movie.

also i'm pretty disappoint that they aren't bringing in any of the other races that were actually around at this time.

CGI looks great, actually.

The acting looks very weak. But who's going to watch this movie for that?

17n4sh8xo192qjpg.jpg

Who's the artist here? Almost looks like Frazetta but dont think it is.

Couldn't care less about a WoW film , however there is no way I am gonna miss anything that Duncan Jones is involved with.

This looks more like a super-fancy cutscene than a major motion picture.

This will not draw wide appeal.

You have to admit the Misty Mountain forges look a hell of a lot like Ironforge would look. There is little doubt The Hobbit drew from warcraft just a bit. And why wouldnt they, ironforge is a cool realization of a dwarven society.

Yeah I don't think you actually read books often do you?

Yeah I don't think you actually read books often do you?

Doesn't seem so. Its funny how many young folk seem to think Blizzard invented a world instead of simply riffing on Tolkien. Ditto for D&D and 101 other Dragon and Fantasy worlds.People should enjoy them for what they are... and that would be Fan Fiction.

I'm sorry, but just seeing the word "BLIZZARD" in the main credits was enough to not see this. I can't help but laugh.

I love action adventure, but I can just hear the weirdo's in the audience now...

I'm not a fan of WoW the game but this trailer has peaked my interest in the movie. I might go see this.

This trailer was a big "meh" to me.

The setup and story is just so cliche (even if it is following the first Warcraft story and characters).

I still think they should have went with the Arthas storyline, I mean if this movie isn't a hit and doesn't do well, we might not get another and that will be that. So why not take the best/most popular warcraft storyline and use it first? Make the best thing you can, and if it does well you can do "prequels" and crap after.

Also this trailer is a prime example of why I am a fan of practical effects. This reminds me of those old 80's/early 90's movies that tried mixing real people with cartoons (without being anywhere near the level of Roger Rabbit).

It just looks "off" and is easily dismissed when you see real people in the same scene as every-single thing around them is CGI CGI CGI.

Either commit to FULL cgi (including the humans) so nothing looks "off" or actually TRY to make things with practical effects.

I mean is there a reason they COULDN'T have made the Orcs with prosthetics/make-up?

It worked great in LOTR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufFOghMt1yI

They could have easily used prosthetics and make-up to make them look similar to orcs in the warcraft series.

Used camera tricks and things to make them look "bigger" then they are for size differences.

I'm surprised I haven't seen at least one media outlet (on either side of the issue) draw parallels between the WoW trailer and the immigration/refugee brouhaha that's going on in the real world right now.

Yeah too much CGI. Never could dig Avatar either because as good as the CGI was it just felt stitched together between real life actors and the cgi counterparts. Hoping its good though.

It says warcraft. Not wow. Is everyone getting g it wrong or is the trailer wrong? It said warcraft twice in the trailer.

I will be shocked if it's any good. I'm not hating on Blizzard. I hope it turns out great for the fans. I just, seriously have my doubts. A buddy of mine(he's really into WoW) was explaining to me all the reasons this movie was going to be amazing. When he was done I was still thinking meh.

You never know though. It does have the Vikings dude. That's cool I guess.

You're kidding right? I love warcraft lore and everything but I'm not naive enough to believe any of it is original. Blizzard pulls a metric crap ton of their inspiration from other sources, almost to the point of blatantly ripping from other's content.

This is what the movie should have been like, that trailer for Legion is perfect.

After watching it, I don't think I want a starcraft movie anymore.

Formulaic trailer that follows the layout of every other crap trailer Hollywood pushes out, including so over used it's not even funny x will y word zooms, crap cliché dialogue and crap CGI footage considered good enough for trailer usage...

Whole thing absolute reeks of a movie studio that thinks games are for kids and so has dummed it down to the lowest common screening denominator.

Back