Official Wii U discussion thread (no bashing)

HisSvt76

2[H]4U
Since we need a proper discussion thread.

Today the new system update is live
Also in the Eshop is the Rayman legends challenge mode.

Let's try to keep this about the system, games and accessories without a flame war.

The update seems nice so far and Rayman legends challenge mode is a blast.

I'm playing through Lego City undercover. It's childish, but solid fun, and its filled with clever references.

I'm playing through Lego City undercover. It's childish, but solid fun, and its filled with clever references.

i love that in those games the humor is chilldish with a slight bit of adult humor.

on the adult side the videos for the new splinter cell on the Wii U look real awesome.

i love that in those games the humor is chilldish with a slight bit of adult humor.

on the adult side the videos for the new splinter cell on the Wii U look real awesome.
Are we getting Blacklist? Interesting. I'm still waiting for Injustice: Gods Among Us for the time being, but stealthy games with detailed HUD's would be ideal for the gamepad.

very excited about earthbound. the last time i played it i was recovering from knee surgery and remember asking my dad to get it for me. i think he paid $20 for it at best buy brand new, in the big box with the strategy guide and scratch'n'sniff stickers.

very excited about earthbound. the last time i played it i was recovering from knee surgery and remember asking my dad to get it for me. i think he paid $20 for it at best buy brand new, in the big box with the strategy guide and scratch'n'sniff stickers.

argh. I am a SNES collector, and while I have been collecting I have come across 3 copies of Earthbound. $80 for one, $90 for one, and my last copy I bought (and sold) for $150. Nowadays that damned cart can go for ~$200. I will buy this on my sons Wii U for sure.

(I am hoping the price of the physical cart will drop when Earthbound hits VC) :D

I have a Wii U and i think it's great for games. Nintendo Land is definately NOT worth the $60 they are asking for it if you got the basic set. I like SMB Wii U and I am looking forward to a new Zelda, Metroid, and Mario Kart game

was excited to apply the new firmware update last night, load times are still awful :(

Load times are better, but not as good as they should be. I am grateful for it, but hopefully the next patch will make it even better.

It took me about 45-60 minutes to update... is that what everyone else is seeing?

Load times are better, but not as good as they should be. I am grateful for it, but hopefully the next patch will make it even better.

It took me about 45-60 minutes to update... is that what everyone else is seeing?

Remember there is another update promised this summer, just think of all the updates the PS3 and 360 have had over the years its progressing well.

Today the virtual console should be launching

Are there many downsides to getting a regular version vs. deluxe edition?

I've wanted one since day 1, but I prefer the white colored one to the black one, and if all I have to do is plug an external HDD into it to make up for lost memory then I'd rather do that and skip the black version.

With all the goodies in the deluxe, it's hard for me to justify the regular version.... Just look at the contents of the packages and see if you're ok with the regular. The biggest difference is the storage size.

If I didn't get one on launch, I'd get the ZombiU bundle. It's by far the best deal.

Damn. I forgot about the ZombiU bundle that's gone on sale recently...

Just wanted the white color to match my Wii and other stuff (Dreamcast especially), damn.

That zombie u bundle is a steal. The only real difference in the bundles other than storage is also the games and little accessories which I really like the charge cradle and the extra little stand for the gamepad I do use them both. If you buy a external HD the internal storage doesn't matter much I have a 2 TB WD black drive hooked to mine.

All my stuff is black so I preferred that one I also have gotten quite a bit of saving with the deluxe digital promotion, not sure if that's still going.

BTW the virtual console is going now in the EShop

update took me about 10mins to download and abot six mins to install.

fry's is having combo game sale. sonic all star racing, zombie u and nintendyland for sixty dollars.

Enjoying monster Hunter 3, they were not kidding when they said it takes 3 hours to get into the meat of the game

Did everyone see the post in the HotDeals section for Injustice. It's $35 rights now at Toys R Us. I wasn't planning on picking up the game, but I figured I'd get $35 out of this.

I'm hearing good things about it, and I had fun playing DC vs Mortal Kombat...

i tried the rayman wii u demo and i'm in love with the gamepad based actions....just hate when i fall on those blasted spikes!

i'm still waiting for a bigger game catalog, plus i keep reading how the interface still needs a boost

Did everyone see the post in the HotDeals section for Injustice. It's $35 rights now at Toys R Us. I wasn't planning on picking up the game, but I figured I'd get $35 out of this.

I'm hearing good things about it, and I had fun playing DC vs Mortal Kombat...

Worth it at regular price and a must have at that price!

i tried the rayman wii u demo and i'm in love with the gamepad based actions....just hate when i fall on those blasted spikes!

i'm still waiting for a bigger game catalog, plus i keep reading how the interface still needs a boost

You playing the demo or the game app? The app is the demo with much more no limits and they are adding content to it until the games release

To be honest, I always thought Rayman Legends was always coming out for the other consoles. I didn't know it had originally been intended as an exclusive until after the decision was made to port it. I'll still get it on the Wii U, I'm interested to see how games will implement the gamepad.

To be honest, I always thought Rayman Legends was always coming out for the other consoles. I didn't know it had originally been intended as an exclusive until after the decision was made to port it. I'll still get it on the Wii U, I'm interested to see how games will implement the gamepad.

I'm still not understanding why they delayed the Wii U version. It sounded like it was all but done, so I'm curious why they wouldn't release it as a timed exclusive: release the Wii U version then release the other console versions later on in the year when they're ready.

Remember there is another update promised this summer, just think of all the updates the PS3 and 360 have had over the years its progressing well.

Today the virtual console should be launching

I installed the new update and I am seeing things like netflix take longer to load.

I'm still not understanding why they delayed the Wii U version. It sounded like it was all but done, so I'm curious why they wouldn't release it as a timed exclusive: release the Wii U version then release the other console versions later on in the year when they're ready.
Cheaper to run one marketing campaign than two, I'm guessing.

One thing I have noticed that the Wii u is very quiet compared to last gen hardware. It's no louder than a NGC..

One thing I have noticed that the Wii u is very quiet compared to last gen hardware. It's no louder than a NGC..

Definitely very quiet a bit of disc drive noise at startup but otherwise almost silent. The Xbox 360 slim is as well when you install your games.

I have yet to check its power usage with a kill-a- watt.

tank tank tank free to play is horrible. You can only play 3 times a day? What kind of dumb rule is that?

Definitely very quiet a bit of disc drive noise at startup but otherwise almost silent. The Xbox 360 slim is as well when you install your games.

It barely uses any power currently... however a lot of games don't properly use the GPUPU yet.

Does anyone know if the console will be able to support 128GB SD cards when they come out?

Slim is quiet unless you are using the drive. Even with a disc In the drive, the Wii U is still quiet.

I really like the netflix interface on that console compared to the 350 and PS3 and having the ability to use the system while the TV is in use is a definate + in my book.

Does anyone know if the console will be able to support 128GB SD cards when they come out?

Slim is quiet unless you are using the drive. Even with a disc In the drive, the Wii U is still quiet.

I really like the netflix interface on that console compared to the 350 and PS3 and having the ability to use the system while the TV is in use is a definate + in my book.

The SD card slot is only for Wii mode so not sure, everything else is on either the internal 8gb or 32 GB or what ever size hard drive you hook up. Up to 2tb usable right now.

nintendo asks about wind waker HD. Definitely want to see the cut dungeons!

“What’s on your wishlist for the new Wii U Zelda game?

With a brand new remake of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker on the way to the Wii U console, speculation has been mounting over what the reinvented game will be like.

Nintendo developer Shigeru Miyamoto, who’s had a hand in the development of many popular Nintendo games with the exception of the Professor Layton series, has offered a few hints as to what we can expect from the new Wind Waker when it finally arrives. He told the ABC news network that HD capabilities of the Wii U will be able to “breathe new life” into the game, and also hinted that the game will have upgraded graphics, along with enhance lighting, better cel shading and overall, a more dynamic and vibrant look.

As it is being developed specifically for the Wii U console, the way the new Zelda: Wind Waker title is played will also be different from its Nintendo GameCube original. Similarly to the New Super Mario Bros. U title, Wind Waker players will have the option to play entirely on the Wii U GamePad. There will also be integration with the Wii U’s Miiverse, similarly to other games released for the console.

This is what we know about the new Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker game so far, but as for more detailed specs and features, we’re still completely in the dark. So, the question is – what would you like to see in the new Wind Waker? What would be on your wish list if you could have a hand in designing the game?

A number of game fans and pundits have a few suggestions, such as the following:

Bring back cut content – a lot of segments (specifically, dungeons) were cut from the original GameCube design due to time constraints, but these could easily be brought back and expanded on in the new title

The ability to change difficulty levels – fans of the Zelda series, or anyone who has ever played a Zelda game, might appreciate the chance to up the ante difficulty-wise, as well as turning off those annoying tutorials

Make sailing more fun – anyone who played the original Wind Waker will know that sailing in the game could be a bit of a chore. Lengthy and repetitive, Zelda fans agree that a way to make sailing faster and more enjoyable is a must when it comes to the new and improved game.

These are just a few of the things Zelda fans would like to see in the brand new Wind Waker, but what improvements would be at the top of your list?”

I've never played it, but i'd like to see a multiplayer death match with an FPS perspective that requires gamepadU virtual aiming. Probably asking a bit much.

Back