Official Team Fortress 2 Thread

I have a new love for the "scout" I batted down a sentry gun yesterday by running around it and kicking the crap out of it . When I was done kicking the crap out of it he says something like "get this stupid crap out of here" or something like that. I literally busted out laughing . I kicked a heavys ass while his fat ass kept circling around to see where I was lol . The scout is bad ass .

LOL if you beat a heavy w/ a bat he says "EAT IT FATTY"

Voice Acting literally makes 25% of this game... if not more...

great, now im going to go home and spend 3 hours trying to bash a sentry to death to hear that...haha it sounds hard as hell

Reading this thread makes me want to quit my job and play tf2 all day

/goes to youtube to watch tf2 vids

Maybe you should take a little break from the game. :D
No see, that's the thing. I've only played 30 hours total, and I started playing on day one of the beta. My Steam rating is 2.5 - Nearly Lifeless
I want to play more, but Life > TF2

great, now im going to go home and spend 3 hours trying to bash a sentry to death to hear that...haha it sounds hard as hell

Nah he says the same stuff if you shoot it, just blow up some dispensers/teleporters

Or if you're REALLY lazy, just get GCFScape and unpack all the voice acting from the TF2 folder... I spent a couple hours listening to everything they say, there's some pretty funny clips.

haha i could do that, but i like to hear them on special occations

but i would really love to get the one when your pwning with the heavy

"goahjugajagajaagajgajgajgaj bwhahahahayayayahaahhahah rummmhhbbbubmbubmmbbmbmbm"

theres a hilarious voice clip with the engineer i think it is, it's one of the 'negative' voice commands he says something like 'damnit dangit nabbit damnit namnit!'. made me laugh.

I was walking around the office today saying "lets waste em" lol I even dram about the game hahahhahahaha

Anybody know if there's a way to disable all sound but voice chat?

Unfortunately, it appears that turning down the sound effect volume also turns down voice chat.

theres a hilarious voice clip with the engineer i think it is, it's one of the 'negative' voice commands he says something like 'damnit dangit nabbit damnit namnit!'. made me laugh.

haha, I was in a server this past weekend where a fellow engie and I were guarding our intel in 2fort hitting "v6" repeatedly. "dammit fellas!" "darn!"

The in-game voice clips can also be used for a little good-natured mischief. One particularly annoying guy was complaining constantly that someone had put a tele exit pointing the wrong way, so the entire team ran around for the rest of the match saying "need a teleporter here" until he left the server.

I stopped playing a while back... but I stopped playing all games...

I started playing at a LAN a couple nights ago for about 10 minutes, went 30/0 before someone unplugged the switch at the LAN and I got disconnected... still fun though :D

My new favorite thing. Being a demoman, planting 8 stickies right on the ground where you know an uber heavy is coming out, then launching the heavy 100's of feet in the air.

I think it would be fun if they could land on top of one of the cliffs and have to jump to their death to get off of it.

:eek:

speaking off. anyone else think stickies exploding through the grate on 2Forts is an exploit? Id think so. there is no way to counter it. people would look around thinking it was clear and also thinking since they are on the grate its safe they were wrong, lol. i was getting kill after kill but after a while stopped because it was just lame. no other weapon can shoot through grate so it doesn't seem like stickies should be able to either. oh yeah except soldier, but still. its cheap and feels like and exploit.

Wouldn't really say thats an exploit, bit of a cheap/annoying camp maybe. The grate is supposed to be a grate, benefit is that you can see through it, downside that its slightly porous ! pretty lame agreed, but fairly easy lesson to learn once you get caught by it.

Besides, as you saw cheap kills only provide limited enjoyment, if you can't see the whites of their eyes the death has no meaning ;)

I hadnt played in over 2 weeks cause of an RMA issue. As soon as I got my v.card back, TF2 was the first game I went in and played.

Nothing has changed. Its still a great game IMO. Lots of fun and action and from what I can tell, the "idiots" are all the same. There are no more, no less. But then again, there are going to be those idiots no matter where or what game you play.

I still like the game and am working on a custom map for it. Great stuff......though, my friend tells me that once I get CoD4, TF2 will become history. I find that hard to believe.

I hadnt played in over 2 weeks cause of an RMA issue. As soon as I got my v.card back, TF2 was the first game I went in and played.

Nothing has changed. Its still a great game IMO. Lots of fun and action and from what I can tell, the "idiots" are all the same. There are no more, no less. But then again, there are going to be those idiots no matter where or what game you play.

I still like the game and am working on a custom map for it. Great stuff......though, my friend tells me that once I get CoD4, TF2 will become history. I find that hard to believe.

Ya I stopped playing too. Me and a friend get in the game, and maybe total we've played about 10 times together, and we own em. We can screw around for a couple hours, have no points then decide to get serious and get triple digits in a couple minutes...even without voice chat. Heck even when we screw around we do pretty good/better than most people.

And CoD4 is hella fun, I started playing that...but now Ive hit rank 55 and getting some of the challenges is retarded. 150 headshots per weapon, pfff... I hope the next TF2 patch sucks me in, and then the next CoD4 patch brings new maps, and the cycle continues.

How can you get an invite to the [H]ard|OCP ([H]) steam group? I'm JohnNY^ on Steam.

Edit: P.S. I need to try for the play with 7 friends accomplishment..

Havent played TF 2, is it at all related to Quake's old Team fortress? If so ima have to get it, love that game !

they should give heavy a mortar launcher. have it be ultra devastating but only like 1 or 2 ammo.

if the heavy had something like that, it would screem imba, especially if some engi follows him around building dispensers Lmao.

I have 2/3 of the new medic items and getting the last one will be impossible.

Seriously, explode 5 engineer buildings on one uber? I'd have to ask the engi's to build things close together. And a few of the others.. :p

Seriously, explode 5 engineer buildings on one uber? I'd have to ask the engi's to build things close together. And a few of the others.. :p

If you play ctf_well, the central building tends to have LOTS of engineer structures as soon as one team gains control.

That's easy... My medic buddy already has 32 of them... out of the 39 total... (3 of those being "getting 12 medic achievements, 24, and 36) so in reality it's more like 30...

The ones that are left should be pretty easy, I already got him all the class specific ones (2 fists w/ heavy, 5 pyro flames, 3 scout kills, 5 soldier etc)

Life > TF2

I have had serious problems grappling with that concept. I put in the hours per week that you've put in total so far. I'm not sure that's something to brag about though:eek: Seriously, I think all I've done for the last month is go to work & college, come home play TF2, sleep. Repeat. Eating only when I can't put it off any longer.

Bottom line is that the depth of this game when you are playing with good players is seemingly endless. I don't know when I'll get my fill. It's a good thing I don't have a family. I would be looking down the barrel of a divorce and into the eyes of children who hate me :eek:

I don't play medic so I don't care for the new medic stuff but does anyone know when they'll release stuff for the demo. Demo is the main class I play and I'm always at/near the top of the server in any map. Anyone play on Lotus or FUQ2?

I don't play medic so I don't care for the new medic stuff but does anyone know when they'll release stuff for the demo. Demo is the main class I play and I'm always at/near the top of the server in any map. Anyone play on Lotus or FUQ2?

Soon I hope, the demo is the only class you can play and reliably increase your teams chances of winning (on your own) all other classes don't have the same skill/payoff relationship. If you're really good as a pyro or a heavy or something like that, you'll never do a great deal more damage than if you're pretty bad at them characters. A demoman in the hands of a good player is the only character that can wittle down strong enemy defences without help from team mates.

Yea I seem to be the only one on my team who can take out level 3 sentrys. I get annoyed when heavys are ubered against level 3 sentrys and it's predictable what will happen: the heavy can't take out the sentry and ends up dying. With one uber a demo can take out 2 sentrys at least.

Yea I seem to be the only one on my team who can take out level 3 sentrys. I get annoyed when heavys are ubered against level 3 sentrys and it's predictable what will happen: the heavy can't take out the sentry and ends up dying. With one uber a demo can take out 2 sentrys at least.

So true, although in most cases you can do 1 sentry at a time on your own with no uber, just staying out of the line of sight.

makes the demo clearly the best solo character in the game, his effectiveness scales well with your skill level, so if you're really good at TF2 he's definately one of the best characters. I deliberately avoid playing the demo man, but then switch to him when I find my team stuck against a particular part of an attack, even so he's still my 2nd most played character.

Back