Official Team Fortress 2 Thread

Wow, I turned my settings up to complete max, just to try it out... amazingly enough I was still getting 30-60fps

16xAA, 16xAF, All settings max, 1920 x 1200...

X2 4200, 2 gigs of ram, and an 8800 GTS 320... :eek:

32 player server, full carnage, it felt slower, but it looked soooo much better... :D

Wow, I turned my settings up to complete max, just to try it out... amazingly enough I was still getting 30-60fps

16xAA, 16xAF, All settings max, 1920 x 1200...

X2 4200, 2 gigs of ram, and an 8800 GTS 320... :eek:

32 player server, full carnage, it felt slower, but it looked soooo much better... :D

Nice, show Valve some love.

Sorry if it seems fanboish or off topic, but here is a really good interview done by RPS with Gabe:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/?p=617

:D:D:D:D lol that sums it up pretty nicely :D:D:D:D

yes yes. I thought it was fairly obvious to shoot him first. Some people still don't get it though!

Sometimes if the medic is on a ledge you can shoot a rocket and knock him off. Once he is too far away he won't heal his target anymore. Works great for an uber charge. Knock the medic off the edge and his target is not uber anymore.

I think it was on hydro, you know in the center with that pit? Someone with uber fell down there and died. :D

Brought Orange Box yesturday, Team Fortress 2 is funny, awesome,

My Settings,

1800x1440
2xAA (Don't really need more @ this resolution)
16xAF
Everything on High, HDR Enabled, Motion Blur Enabled, Color Correction Enabled

Get anywhere up to 80fps, down to 30fps on my rig in sig (everything in there is upto date).

Anyone else REALLY hate the auto team balance system in TF2? It always seems to switch the top scoring player. Just when I start doing good and blow up all the enemy's shit, I get team switched to that team and now I have to defend.:rolleyes: What the fuck? It should switch the newly joined players, not the ones who've been on the team for 30 mins.

Anyone else REALLY hate the auto team balance system in TF2? It always seems to switch the top scoring player. Just when I start doing good and blow up all the enemy's shit, I get team switched to that team and now I have to defend.:rolleyes: What the fuck? It should switch the newly joined players, not the ones who've been on the team for 30 mins.

Yeah I remember it doing that to me a lot, I always ended up loosing every round because it would swap me after I made my (old) team win.

Yeah I remember it doing that to me a lot, I always ended up loosing every round because it would swap me after I made my (old) team win.

pwnt, haha.

I'm glad I have my system back up and running, 7600GT only plays on medium settings and a few high @1280x1024, usually I can play with 2xaa though, so it's not too bad. I missed this game, although it doesn't seem quite as addicting as a month ago. oh well. Who wants to play? :D

I'd say 90% of the auto balance switching affects people who've died after the announcement. I can usually keep from being switched if I stay alive.

Thats the key, stay alive and wait for some poor schmuck to get auto'd.

I hate when the Auto-Balance moves the new guy, how many times have you guys joined a server...had 3 guys quit on the opposite team and then you get moved? It should be those with a medium score.

I played on a server that had an awesome Stalemate. Everyone turned into a Pyro and only got to use the Axe.

I played on a server that had an awesome Stalemate. Everyone turned into a Pyro and only got to use the Axe.

The East Coast (I think?:confused: ) server does that pretty often. I usually play on there if it's not empty and not running warpath ATM.

RPS: I have a friend (an idiot) who is determined that in six months Valve will be owned by either Microsoft or EA…

Gabe: Tell him that I’m not interested in buying either one of them.

LOL! Well played. :p

TF2 wont remember my resolution or aspect ratio. Any way to fix that? I have to manually change it every time I go into TF2

Wow I have 10 hours total play time. Don't get me wrong though, I wish I could kill 11hours in this game. First impression of it, I hated it. Then I kept playing and found out the goals and such. Now i'm addicted.

f1y, i was the EXACT same way....a few hours into it, i was pissed i wasted my money,...now i have 10 hours logged in each class

Does anyone have a Logitech g15 template so I can bind voice commands to my "G" keys?

Just bought TF2 through Steam. Anyhing interesting to know before I start gambling? :D

i was really intrestd in this game untell i heard theres only 6 maps and only 1 ctf map.

i was really intrestd in this game untell i heard theres only 6 maps and only 1 ctf map.

Except that every single one of them is quality. Doesn't matter what map you play, it's going to be fun :D

I definitely wouldn't let that stop you from playing, especially since it's only $30, and especially since I'm sure Valve will release some new maps eventually, at least some CTF maps.

The number of maps really isn't a problem. There's already tons of custom maps that have been released, and most are pretty fun.

You guys are crazy. I wish I could devote as much time as you guys do.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/skudmunky/stats/TF2

my best kill streak is a measly 24 with the Heavy. I'm to suicidal as a Demoman to have any sort of large kill count :p

I had a great overcharge run as a medic though, 5 in a row. With 6664 healing (I guess I'm an evil doctor :p)

Ah....Dethman is around. I have played with you several times on the [Easy] server. It's probably my favorite server although sometimes are better than others. :) See you again soon. [H]TypeO

I have a new love for the "scout" I batted down a sentry gun yesterday by running around it and kicking the crap out of it . When I was done kicking the crap out of it he says something like "get this stupid crap out of here" or something like that. I literally busted out laughing . I kicked a heavys ass while his fat ass kept circling around to see where I was lol . The scout is bad ass .

haha cool, yea TypeO i remember you defiantly, i always take note when someone with [H] tags comes in

and your right, sometimes the server is kickin and lots of people talking and using teamwork and teams are balanced

and other times people just solo-fraggin,

but it seems we are getting a good group of regulars coming in, so see ya in the server!

Back