Official Team Fortress 2 Thread

You realize, of course, that now that you've said that, you can't ever talk to him or reply to a post of his ever again, otherwise we'll know you were just lying to be melodramatic. Can you ignore me too? Actually, better idea. Just go into your ignore list and add "*". Well, maybe that doesn't work, there's still a chance you might find an old post that upsets you and you find to be "gay." Just disconnect your modem. Problem solved!

i dont have a modem. my neighbor provides me with 9000 Kbps down and 530 Kbps up. hes a nice guy. ;)

Does hitting something with the wrench make it build faster? I can't tell if it's in my head

Theres a lot of disagreement on that, but I say yes it does. Several posts I've seen say it does as well. I've been meaning to time it using the in-game countdown, but I always forget to.

Pretty sure it doesn't, however you can repair it while it's building, if it happens to take damage from enemy fire.

Even if smackng it with a wrench didn't speed it up, it would help in case a spy comes by and zaps it or a soldier comes in with a rocket.

Hitting a buildable with your wrench increases the build speed.

A sentry can go up in ~6-7 swings. Dispensers and teleporters seem to take forever; a teleporter entrance or exit takes 12 swings to build. Yawn. Dispensers I haven't counted yet.

But yeah there's a definite speed increase; watch the build meter if you want to see for yourself.

Hitting a buildable with your wrench increases the build speed.

A sentry can go up in ~6-7 swings. Dispensers and teleporters seem to take forever; a teleporter entrance or exit takes 12 swings to build. Yawn. Dispensers I haven't counted yet.

But yeah there's a definite speed increase; watch the build meter if you want to see for yourself.

Agree, it seems significant to me.

I read the speed was doubled while wrenching but I haven't confirmed it personally so I didn't post that, but for sure there is a definite speed increase for wrenching the buildings.

The game worked fine for me after the update?
Well I don't know what valve did but the game sounds absolutely fucking horrible for me after the update. I don't know if it's just headphone users, just Audigy2ZS users, or just me, but the positioning is completely screwed up and it sounds like it's coming from inside my head. All other games sound fine. " Improved compatibility for direct sound" my ass.:rolleyes:

Well I don't know what valve did but the game sounds absolutely fucking horrible for me after the update. I don't know if it's just headphone users, just Audigy2ZS users, or just me, but the positioning is completely screwed up and it sounds like it's coming from inside my head. All other games sound fine. " Improved compatibility for direct sound" my ass.:rolleyes:
Sounds like your sounds are mono to me.

anyone else getting unusual lag at the start of rounds, pretty much when everyone is joining, I have 50-60fps and 30 ping and its still choppy, animations also seem more choppy in general across all the servers that seemed decent before...

Does anyone play as an offensive medic? I think bonesaw kills are more satisfying then backstabing a spy as a spy, unless you bonesaw a spy...Then that actually feels better. YES! THAT ISSSSSS BETTTTTTERRRRRRRR
***Rolls eyes*****

I wrench non-stop anyway as an engineer. It's hilarious but I run around with the button depressed when I'm near the sentry and I seem to randomly and accidentally kill a lot of spies out of thin air as they are trying to get to it.

Does anyone play as an offensive medic? I think bonesaw kills are more satisfying then backstabing a spy as a spy, unless you bonesaw a spy...Then that actually feels better. YES! THAT ISSSSSS BETTTTTTERRRRRRRR
***Rolls eyes*****

The medic is a good anti building unit since the needle gun has indirect fire, it can arc and shoots a constant stream that kills SGs, etc. like the oldschool nailgun of TFC.

I played medic only for 3 games straight last night and found it was much easier to get kills with the bone saw than the syringe gun. Saved my ass quite a few times and they are more hilarious. The best one was when I outed a spy attempting to spas a sentry. So satisfying and a sweet revenge kill too.

The medic is a good anti building unit since the needle gun has indirect fire, it can arc and shoots a constant stream that kills SGs, etc. like the oldschool nailgun of TFC.

Except the nailgun was dead accurate, and gravity didn't affect it... :D

And you could tell when you were hitting a sentry because it glowed brightly...

I dunno, the other day I was a medic in the enemies base, and saw a sentry. I shot that thing a LOT and reloaded 3-4 times before I was eventually killed. I'm pretty sure there wasn't an engy nearby fixing it, so I'm not sure if the syringe gun affects sentrys.

Yes using the wrench makes things build faster. Ive built a teleporter entrance, gone to get metal, built the exit and bashed the exit and it finished before the entrance. Same for all buildings

I just downloaded the latest update, and it killed the game. As is my system goes glitchy, and the screen starts flashing when I try to start it. Fucking Valve, I really wanted to play right now!

Wow, just found a really huge fucking oversight on Valve's part.

Sudden deat, 2Fort, it was down to 5 of us and two of them, I was soldier, got ubered, took out the engineer's sentries and basacially secured the victory, and what do the last two blu's do?

They hide in their spawn until time runs out, forcing a stalemate!

What the fuck? You think Valve would have locked the spawning areas so this WOULDN'T happen?!?

Sudden deat, 2Fort, it was down to 5 of us and two of them, I was soldier, got ubered, took out the engineer's sentries and basacially secured the victory, and what do the last two blu's do?

What the fuck? You think Valve would have locked the spawning areas so this WOULDN'T happen?!?

You could have...you know...capped the intel once for the win.

or you could have just scored the intel

or you could have just scored the intel

We could have, but there wasn't enough time to bring it back to our base before time was up. There was a little under 30 seconds, it just seemed like a dick move to be able to just hide inside your spawn and force a stalemate, just because we broke their little turret, when we obviously won.

I do not like the sudden death at all. First of all if right before sudden death the red team had 4 caps on 2fort and the blue team had 2, I'd say red won... however 99% of the time, sudden death just negates all those caps and the winning team's outcome is from frags... hardly anyone caps. The main objective is capturing the flag or capping the point, not fragging like fucking some TDM game... I also think this warps inexperienced players to think capping the flag or fighting to get your next point isn't as important as racking up frags to climb the scoreboard...

Yes using the wrench makes things build faster. Ive built a teleporter entrance, gone to get metal, built the exit and bashed the exit and it finished before the entrance. Same for all buildings

I have played over 15 hours as engineer, and I didn't know this.:( Thanks for the tip!

Crouch Jump + Nade = insane height and distance, way better than a rocket jump... You do lose way more health though..

Back