Official Suicide Squad Comic-Con Video

Have to agree with polonyc2 here. Heath Ledger's joker set the bar pretty high and many look at his joker as the one to emulate. But, Jared Leto is a fantastic actor and I like that they haven't tried to carbon copy Heath.

I am certain Jared Leto's ultra maniacal, bat shit crazy joker in SS will become a fan favourite once they get past their Heath grief.

Try again.....he's not playing the joker. I could give two shitsabout Ledger's joker.......Mark Hamill is the only true joker.

I disklike this joker because like someone says above he looks like some loser punk rocker.....which isn't the character.

I disklike this joker because like someone says above he looks like some loser punk rocker.....which isn't the character.

Exactly. It doesn't matter how great of an actor Jared Leto is, the look is completely wrong. That is not the Joker, that looks like some junkie that dyed his hair green and put on red lipstick to go as the Joker for Halloween. This, to me, is as bad as casting Ben Affleck as Batman. I just cannot buy the character.

Joker looks like he spent some time with a few Young Money record label folks. Heath Ledger set a bar that just keeps growing and growing.

RIP, Marvel.

Try again, Hipster.
I will take this before another Avengers/Ironman/Hulk/spankourassesSquad Movie any day.
Not sure why the hate for Will Smith - he is an incredible actor, despite being in some bad movies lately. These characters look exciting - especially Harvey who stole the show.

Leto's take on the Joker is looking pretty good. He was totally smeared but seeing a glimpse of him in this trailer, I think he's gonna be alright. He sounds an awful lot like Ledger and I'm definitely OK with that.

This looks absolutely awful,especially Leto's Joker. It's as if they were afraid to even try and compete with Ledger's version,and tried to come up with something completely different - and totally screwed it up. Even the Suicide Squad in Arrow looked better than this.

This looks absolutely awful,especially Leto's Joker. It's as if they were afraid to even try and compete with Ledger's version,and tried to come up with something completely different - and totally screwed it up. Even the Suicide Squad in Arrow looked better than this.

You act as though there aren't different versions of the joker in the DC universe.

You act as though there aren't different versions of the joker in the DC universe.

There are.....but they've always kept the phrase "Clown Prince of Crime" in mind. Leto's joker is not a clown, its some punk off the streets.

Exactly. It doesn't matter how great of an actor Jared Leto is, the look is completely wrong. That is not the Joker, that looks like some junkie that dyed his hair green and put on red lipstick to go as the Joker for Halloween. This, to me, is as bad as casting Ben Affleck as Batman. I just cannot buy the character.

Joker I get, Jared Leto is a great actor but the Joker looks wrong. But what is wrong with Ben? He looks like a by far better fit for Batman and Frank Millers Batman at that than Christian Bale who in my opinion did not act look or feel like Batman.

Also Gotham and iZombie are DC and both got signed for a second season.

Poor Constantine didn't.

So upset by this, I loved Constantine, first Hannibal now them. It's weird that my favorite and only shows I watch seem to get cancelled and I only watch about 3-4 different shows a year.

Jared Leto is a good actor? Checking his IMDB, what would be a good movie to watch to see this? I've only seen him in a couple, and they were just small roles that were very forgettable. I had no idea who he even was until the Joker promo shots and people circlejerking about him being so amazing. I just have no frame of reference to know if he could pull it off.

With no knowledge of who the guy is (and the extremely douchey pictures of him when you search), and the shitty promo shots, I can't see him doing well as the Joker. Even in the preview. I'd like to see him in a movie where I can say "oh, he'll do a good job" or something.

Jared Leto is a good actor? Checking his IMDB, what would be a good movie to watch to see this? I've only seen him in a couple, and they were just small roles that were very forgettable. I had no idea who he even was until the Joker promo shots and people circlejerking about him being so amazing. I just have no frame of reference to know if he could pull it off.

With no knowledge of who the guy is (and the extremely douchey pictures of him when you search), and the shitty promo shots, I can't see him doing well as the Joker. Even in the preview. I'd like to see him in a movie where I can say "oh, he'll do a good job" or something.

He's a character actor, he can literally fit into any role. American Psycho, Requiem, Dallas Buyers Club, which he won an Oscar for the last one. Heath Ledger was basically a nobody until Broke Back Mountain but he still gave one of the best performances as the Joker in TDK. Looking back at any of his last movies would you have been able to say "Oh that gay cowboy would be perfect for The Joker." ?

It kinda looks like he's going to be the main antagonist.

Not at all, it's about the Suicide Squad. Joker isn't part of the team. Not that anyone would be dumb enough to make Joker part of the team.

It's believe to be mostly a flashback to show how Quinn ended up in jail. That goes for the scenes with Batman too.

The Squad includes:
Deadshot
Harley Quinn
Rick Flag
Boomerang
Enchantress
Killer Croc
Katana
Slipknot
El Diablo

A far better trailer than Batman v Superman's. This looks like the opposite of The Avengers in terms of heroes and villains so I expect this to be a hit.

I guess I am the only one that thinks Harley looks and sounds just as wrong as the joker as was just as bad of a choice.

I guess I am the only one that thinks Harley looks and sounds just as wrong as the joker as was just as bad of a choice.

Looks wise she's fairly close to where they've been going with the comics. So at least she's got that...but ya accent is just fucking horrible.

I bet Leto can pull off the Ledger-Joker spot on but the guy who designed the looks should receive a huge bitch-slap on his/her face. The tattoos just do not belong and break the immersion.
Only thing I might like are the teeth, maybe. Angry Joe brought up the idea that they may have come from Batman beating the living shit out of Joker at some point (probably after killing Jason Todd) and sending his Lego pieces to orbit and hence the iron teeth. That is an interesting thought.

Harley looks fricking spot on! Not sure about the voice but then again we heard heard what, three separate words and one dreamy sentence or such from her mouth through the trailer? Hard to say anything concrete yet.

Not at all, it's about the Suicide Squad. Joker isn't part of the team. Not that anyone would be dumb enough to make Joker part of the team.

It's believe to be mostly a flashback to show how Quinn ended up in jail. That goes for the scenes with Batman too.

Oh the parts w/ Batman will definitely be flashback. But they're totally setting up Joker to be the antagonist. He'll be the big bad that has to be defeated before the end of the movie, forcing the choice on Harley to choose between Joker and the Squad.

Trailer's rendition of "I started a joke" is meh. FNM's is still the best.

He's a character actor, he can literally fit into any role. American Psycho, Requiem, Dallas Buyers Club, which he won an Oscar for the last one. Heath Ledger was basically a nobody until Broke Back Mountain but he still gave one of the best performances as the Joker in TDK. Looking back at any of his last movies would you have been able to say "Oh that gay cowboy would be perfect for The Joker." ?

10 Things I Hate About You was good with him in it. :)

I'll have to watch those others ones.

10 Things I Hate About You was good with him in it. :)

I'll have to watch those others ones.
"10 Things..." was the first movie I saw Ledger in, and I thought he was great.

Funny story: I only saw the movie because my high school band took a trip to Atlanta and the teachers had scheduled a night to see a movie. Everyone wanted to see The Matrix, but it was rated 'R' (for pirates, of course) so we couldn't see it. We saw "10 Things..." instead due to being PG-13. Afterward the adults were shocked by all the bad language and sexual humor in the movie, finding out after the fact that The Matrix was probably the better movie to see. It was only rated 'R' for all the violence, with very little in the way of bad language (at least compared to "10 Things...").

Funny story: I only saw the movie because my high school band took a trip to Atlanta and the teachers had scheduled a night to see a movie. Everyone wanted to see The Matrix, but it was rated 'R' (for pirates, of course) so we couldn't see it. We saw "10 Things..." instead due to being PG-13. Afterward the adults were shocked by all the bad language and sexual humor in the movie, finding out after the fact that The Matrix was probably the better movie to see. It was only rated 'R' for all the violence, with very little in the way of bad language (at least compared to "10 Things...").

It's a sad story actually.

Parents/teachers would have preferred to show kids violence instead of bad humor because the parents/teachers would have been less embarrassed in front of the kids.

Regardless, The Matrix still would have been the better choice :D

Sheila Broflovski said:
Remember what the MPAA says; horrific, deplorable violence is okay as long as people don't say any naughty words!
South Park gets so much right.

There are.....but they've always kept the phrase "Clown Prince of Crime" in mind. Leto's joker is not a clown, its some punk off the streets.
I didn't find Ledger's version of the joker as much of a "clown" either, in a word he was chaos, at least compared to the Tim Burton version which was too fucking goofy looking, and look at the series of movies that came from that same goofy "lets do it like it looks in the comics" way.

I didn't find Ledger's version of the joker as much of a "clown" either, in a word he was chaos, at least compared to the Tim Burton version which was too fucking goofy looking, and look at the series of movies that came from that same goofy "lets do it like it looks in the comics" way.

Wait till they get a load of me!

Ledgers Joker was not much of a clown without the mask. He was a psycho with makeup.

Wait till they get a load of me!

Ledgers Joker was not much of a clown without the mask. He was a psycho with makeup.

This, TDK's Joker was still not THE Joker. Heath's performance was great and he was pretty demented but he was not like your typical Joker character that I grew up with with all the slapstick humor and funny quips.

At lease they didn't look like the dog shit this joker does.

Jared Leto is a great actor...if anyone can follow Heath Ledger's Joker it's him...if Leto's Joker had come out first I'm sure he would get a lot of praise

This. I don't give a shit about comics, never liked them. But I'm excited for this movie just because Jared Leto kills it in everything he does.

This. I don't give a shit about comics, never liked them. But I'm excited for this movie just because Jared Leto kills it in everything he does.

I hope so. I'm going to watch a few movies with him in it before I pass judgment. But, the images that come up with him are a huge turn off. He looks like a douche... Still, I have to watch to see his acting ability....

Plus, the marketing shots look like ass.

I hope he plays a good Joker, though. I'm impressed of what I see of Affleck with Batman, and I was against it at first.

Requiem for a Dream was pretty much his breakthrough role, and it's incredible. After that, he didn't do much noteworthy for a while, IMO. I liked Lord of War, but his role is a secondary one in it. Chapter 27 was sort of meh. After that he did Mr. Nobody, which was another incredibly good film. Same goes for Dallas Buyers Club. His role was secondary to Matthew McConaughey, but he did an incredible job.

If I had to pick a must watch Leto movie though, It's Reqiuem, followed by Mr. Nobody.

Back