Official Overwatch Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 245375
  • Start date
Just a highlight reel of me playing Pharah,

I like that first "triple-kill".

I was playing the mystery match (or whatever it is that puts you into a random hero) a bit yesterday to get the holiday loot boxes. I played Pharah for the first time since I've really learned how to play the game. She's fun. I did much better than I thought. She can be good for breaking a turtle.

I was playing the mystery match (or whatever it is that puts you into a random hero) a bit yesterday to get the holiday loot boxes. I played Pharah for the first time since I've really learned how to play the game. She's fun. I did much better than I thought. She can be good for breaking a turtle.
I try to use the concussion grenade to knock enemies off of the maps, most of the time I use it to get away from people if I end up too close to them, or to bump Mcree or Soldier 76 out of the way when the pop their ultimate's.

I try to use the concussion grenade to knock enemies off of the maps, most of the time I use it to get away from people if I end up too close to them, or to bump Mcree or Soldier 76 out of the way when the pop their ultimate's.

Thank you for the tip.

The snowball fight was dumb, hated it after round 1 lol. The rest of the update is not too bad. Need some more time with the tweaks out of PTR to see how it all comes together but not bad.

But my OCD forces me to get those achievements!

Junkrat is also very good at this.

And Lucio and Winston. Reindhardt usually goes over the edge as well when he launches at people, lol

I guess I was mostly thinking of it from splash damage essentially forcing people to break their turtle - not necessarily blasting them off edges, etc. Junkrat is great at breaking the turtles because of how much splash damage he has.

I guess I was mostly thinking of it from splash damage essentially forcing people to break their turtle - not necessarily blasting them off edges, etc. Junkrat is great at breaking the turtles because of how much splash damage he has.
Pharahs' concussion grenade doesn't do any damage at all I believe. Junkrats' does do damage as I seem to always get killed by it.

I do like that they boosted Pharah's booster. I always that it was odd that you couldn't use them to get up like 10 feet to another ledge.

I went 7w 1t 2l, placed at 2200 gold, for those keeping metrics.
Weird I won all 10 match games and only got 1998SR, was on fire in most matches and got voted twice to 5 and once to 8.

I guess my best was not good enough.

And Lucio and Winston. Reindhardt usually goes over the edge as well when he launches at people, lol

Lucio is a blast for sending people off the map. I suck at Winston and Reinhardt. Bad. But I've seem them break turtles when played well.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/16/1...ay-event-mei-legendary-skin-update?yptr=yahoo
Overwatch-Winter-Wonderland-Christmas-event-skins-742874.jpg

I got the legendary Mei skin in my first holiday box. Her new snowman ice block is fun, nothing spectacular though. I see why they made it legendary.

I got the legendary Mei skin in my first holiday box. Her new snowman ice block is fun, nothing spectacular though. I see why they made it legendary.

I like it. I don't get the backlash. A skin is a skin. Legendary, IMO, should be based on rarity, not on "coolness". But I guess that's not the feeling of others. Doesn't matter to me.

I went ahead and bought my Pharah Winter Skin since it was only 750 coins.

I like it. I don't get the backlash. A skin is a skin. Legendary, IMO, should be based on rarity, not on "coolness". But I guess that's not the feeling of others. Doesn't matter to me.

It isn't really the coolness factor. I personally don't even like a lot of the Legendary skins as they change the character too much.

The argument is more so that Legendary skins typically is much larger change mesh wise and that Mei's is more akin to an Epic due to primarily being a recolor.

The counter would be the mesh changes are applied to a skill effect.

Guysssss. What is your B.net names :D :D
We really need an [H] to Battlenet name thread or something.

(Note this isn't a Battlenet problem, it's the same with Origin, uPlay, Steam, Discord etc. Just give me a way to set someone's name in my friends list, c'mon this isn't hard.)

We really need an [H] to Battlenet name thread or something.

(Note this isn't a Battlenet problem, it's the same with Origin, uPlay, Steam, Discord etc. Just give me a way to set someone's name in my friends list, c'mon this isn't hard.)
Put them in your sig!

A thread wouldn't hurt to de-conflict things too...

You guy should try Warface the game at Christmas the last two years have been pretty cool.

I don't always get to play 6v6 soldier matches, but when I do .... :p

nice map btw, EA should learn a thing or two from them when it comes to post-launch game support ( DICE LA's work on BF4 was a very bright exception, not the rule )

Just pick a hero that has big carry potential.

I was at like 3600 and rising before I got awarded a loss because a teammate quit 10 seconds in then stopped playing. I was on a decent streak at that point.

I calibrated at like 3300 or something, didn't play until it fell to 3000 from inactivity, then fought it back to master in a couple nights.

Yep I played and hit about 3358.. then dropped again. It's a roller coaster, I always hit about 33-3400, then I stop playing for a bit. Play with some friends that are lower and sometimes just lose and win 50/50. I'm not sure if I feel inclined to hit masters or not this season

The meta is hot garbage. I think that's probably why I am not having nearly as much fun this season.

Man, what happened to this game? I remember having fun in beta but I haven't played since first week of release (still rank 30ish). I reinstalled the game and decided to play 10 placement matches for fun and it's the same exact team composition every single match. If I try to play my favorite heroes like Junkrat or Pharah, I get raged at by the entire team. I ended up placing around 3000 but I can't say I had fun in any of the matches.

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
Man, what happened to this game? I remember having fun in beta but I haven't played since first week of release (still rank 30ish). I reinstalled the game and decided to play 10 placement matches for fun and it's the same exact team composition every single match. If I try to play my favorite heroes like Junkrat or Pharah, I get raged at by the entire team. I ended up placing around 3000 but I can't say I had fun in any of the matches.

Ana happened. She's driving the current meta which, as mentioned above, is boring. I haven't even done placements this season because of the meta. If I do play, I just screw around in qp and arcade.

Ana happened. She's driving the current meta which, as mentioned above, is boring. I haven't even done placements this season because of the meta. If I do play, I just screw around in qp and arcade.

Ana is getting a pretty big nerf next patch. You can already try her out in PTR to see for yourself.

Well, I've slowly worked my way back up to almost 1700. I had dropped down to like 1350 at one point.

It still feels like complete luck of the draw whether I get a team that wants to go 5dps or not.

I was on a loosing streak, went up to almost 2500 and dropped down to the 1500's. After awhile I was wondering how low could I go but then I started getting grouped with decent players and I am back up to 2350.

Here is a nice play of the game from the other day as Pharah,
Zarya accidentally popped her Ult and I wasn't ready yet but I was able to get 100% after a couple of hits and then used my Rocket Barrage,

How did people finish for the season? I was way down (too much solo queue). Almost made master but not quite at one time. 3496 for SH. Ended with like 2846 I think. I play about 90% solo queue. My main this season was Zen, with a 59% win rate. SR also suffered late due to trying new characters.

Now on to learning Sombra. A great character that can cause havoc if used properly. Few people can use her properly and even fewer know how to counter her.

I started at 24xx, went all the waaaaaaay down to 15xx, then ended at 2349.

I still play occasionally but this game feels so repetitive. Matches are literally the same team builds vs each other and it comes down to whoever makes the first mistake.

I agree to an extent, but I think the nature of competitive season is really fun. Between seasons I think the QP and arcade modes are boring as all hell and I don't play at all. Playing with people who (usually) want to try strats and actually do well is exciting for me.

How did people finish for the season? I was way down (too much solo queue). Almost made master but not quite at one time. 3496 for SH. Ended with like 2846 I think. I play about 90% solo queue. My main this season was Zen, with a 59% win rate. SR also suffered late due to trying new characters.

Now on to learning Sombra. A great character that can cause havoc if used properly. Few people can use her properly and even fewer know how to counter her.

Started around 2200, finished mid platinum. Luckily never dropped near what I first placed.

My season high was ~3200, started at ~2200, dropped to 1950 at my lowest thanks to a series of trolls sitting in spawn ice walling the team. Hoping to get placed in diamond this season and make it to master. Just need to find more teams willing to switch heroes to counter insane Widows and Genjis.

My season high was ~3200, started at ~2200, dropped to 1950 at my lowest thanks to a series of trolls sitting in spawn ice walling the team. Hoping to get placed in diamond this season and make it to master. Just need to find more teams willing to switch heroes to counter insane Widows and Genjis.
Master is tough to get to. You get a lot of trolls in the diamond rank. I know its hard to believe, but diamond has more trolls than any level. Most people know they wont make it out of diamond so they dont care if they win half the time.

As far as placement, do not expect much more than where you finished. I finished S2 at ~2500 (high of ~2850) and I went 7-2-1 in placements for S3. Still only placed slightly above 2500.

Back