Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Best Buy do any stock drops of FE cards these days? Are the 3060ti's still being produced?

I was lucky enough to get one at launch for a friend but had to resell because he bailed; now another friend wants something and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get cards (obviously bundles are sometimes an option)
The last two drop, you had to go to their physical location and wait in line in hopes of scoring a card. To make things harder, only selected locations have cards.

Just an FYI, there's an extension out for Chrome now that will show you your current queue time when you click ATC on popular products on BB's website:

i've known about this being a thing for a while, but haven't been able to track down exactly how it is done.

https://nerdspeak.net/tech/nerdspeak-stock-helper-extension/
Just reading the description apparently best buy's "queue" isn't actually a queue but a randomly assigned delay that's given to the browser (vs being kept hidden serverside and then pushed to the browser when it's the users turn).

This also gives some indication of how the bots have managed to totally pwn it. Since the delay is random, at a minimum they could spam reload until getting a really short value. At worst, if the server doesn't keep track of the assigned value at all instead trusting the web page, the bots could just change the value stored in JS to 0 seconds wait and instantly check out. :facepalm:

Reactions: T4rd
like this
how and where is this BB queue thing?
when a product has a yellow "add to cart" button, it will force you into a waiting phase (this is the queue people are talking about). You leave the page open. Do not close it or refresh. The button turns white during this phase.
While waiting, if they let you buy one, it will turn yellow again. And then you can add it to your cart. it could turn yellow after a few seconds or...I have seen 20 minutes later.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
when a product has a yellow "add to cart" button, it will force you into a waiting phase (this is the queue people are talking about). You leave the page open. Do not close it or refresh. The button turns white during this phase.
While waiting, if they let you buy one, it will turn yellow again. And then you can add it to your cart. it could turn yellow after a few seconds or...I have seen 20 minutes later.

ahh, I'm never quick enough to see the alert that something is in stock. Never knew about this.

Is this such a bad deal that it's been in stock since 9:26pm est yesterday? It's not a hybrid like the evga which you can buy the cooler separate for $119. It's more along the lines of the Kingpin version but with lower clocks.

GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 3090 XTREME WATERFORCE 24G Graphics Card, WATERFORCE All-in-One Cooling System, 24GB 384-bit GDDR6X, GV-N3090AORUSX W-24GD Video Card​

• $2,349.99
https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-3090-gv-n3090aorusx-w-24gd/p/N82E16814932387

Is this such a bad deal that it's been in stock since 9:26pm est yesterday? It's not a hybrid like the evga which you can buy the cooler separate for $119. It's more along the lines of the Kingpin version but with lower clocks.

GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 3090 XTREME WATERFORCE 24G Graphics Card, WATERFORCE All-in-One Cooling System, 24GB 384-bit GDDR6X, GV-N3090AORUSX W-24GD Video Card​

• $2,349.99
https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-3090-gv-n3090aorusx-w-24gd/p/N82E16814932387
Yes it's a bad deal. It's got a lot of things going for it that will exclude most buyers. 3090 is top of the product stack so that already has a large price premium, it's got a 240mm rad stuck to it so that is limiting for a lot of people, and that price even given the current situation is bonkers. At today's profits you're looking at 9 months roi, but with eth changing to proof of stake early next year that will likely be stretched out much further so it isn't appealing to miners.

Yes it's a bad deal. It's got a lot of things going for it that will exclude most buyers. 3090 is top of the product stack so that already has a large price premium, it's got a 240mm rad stuck to it so that is limiting for a lot of people, and that price even given the current situation is bonkers. At today's profits you're looking at 9 months roi, but with eth changing to proof of stake early next year that will likely be stretched out much further so it isn't appealing to miners.
Bad deal indeed. I think anyone can wait for a 3080Ti and save $1000.

If anyone is curious I bought this and love it. I got my kid a NUC8 i3 last year for home schooling and the Amp Box turns it into a solid gaming machine. He will need a laptop for school soon so I’ll sell the NUC8 and get him a non gaming laptop, but he can pair it with the Amp Box at home to game. The NUC8 is actually louder than the Amp Box while gaming.

If anyone is curious I bought this and love it. I got my kid a NUC8 i3 last year for home schooling and the Amp Box turns it into a solid gaming machine. He will need a laptop for school soon so I’ll sell the NUC8 and get him a non gaming laptop, but he can pair it with the Amp Box at home to game. The NUC8 is actually louder than the Amp Box while gaming.
That's freaking awesome.

And even as a bad deal its OOS.

I'm pretty sure they only sell the FE cards to in person scalpers, now.
Yea it's actually more annoying, only places here that have them are 40 miles away, one in SF so little chance of getting one unless you camp for 2 days and the other in seedy Modesto where GL getting unless you're packing lol. At least online there was a glimmer of hope, I'll spend 20 mins cursing and F5'ing but no way do I have that kind of time to spend on a hobby anymore. On another note, released my 3080 TI FTW3 back into the queue last night, if only NV hadn't made them LHR...

Yea it's actually more annoying, only places here that have them are 40 miles away, one in SF so little chance of getting one unless you camp for 2 days and the other in seedy Modesto where GL getting unless you're packing lol. At least online there was a glimmer of hope, I'll spend 20 mins cursing and F5'ing but no way do I have that kind of time to spend on a hobby anymore. On another note, released my 3080 TI FTW3 back into the queue last night, if only NV hadn't made them LHR...
If you were f5'ing best buy you never had a chance anyway, as that kicks you out of queue.

Last edited:
yeah zotac got some really big balls for their pos products even in this market with their pricing lol

yeah zotac got some really big balls for their pos products even in this market with their pricing lol
The prices on the zotac website are much better. $400 something for a 3060 and $850 for a 3070ti.

[Edit: not that I'm a zotac fanboy. Their support team sucks. ]

May post an RTX 3060 in the for sale section soon, would probably be cheaper than that price but used for a few months. EVGA. Will have to review the selling rules for newer GPUs before listing though.
I sold a brand new unopened EVGA RTX 360 XC GAMING for $600 on Facebook marketplace. That was still a decent $160 profit for me and a nearly $200 savings for him on the total he would have paid on ebay at the time. It was sold in less than an hour after posting it.

I am sure its been mentioned here but be sure to subscribe to EVGA stock alerts. Got an email Thursday and was able to grab a RTX 3060 for MSRP.

When did you sign up for the stock alert though?
On the product page. If its OOS you can click on auto notify right below the OOS button. I couldnt tell you how long ago I clicked the button but its been months. Fist email I ever got was yesterday. Had to walk through the purchase options 5ish times before it finally went through. Used paypal for the last attempt. No idea if it mattered or just luck.

1631543585985.png

On the product page. If its OOS you can click on auto notify right below the OOS button. I couldnt tell you how long ago I clicked the button but its been months. Fist email I ever got was yesterday. Had to walk through the purchase options 5ish times before it finally went through. Used paypal for the last attempt. No idea if it mattered or just luck.

View attachment 394689
When, WHEN. Many of us have been signed up since last year or early this year.

When, WHEN. Many of us have been signed up since last year or early this year.
My first email was Thursday. I couldnt tell you when I signed up. Its been a long time though. No idea if they do a drawing or what but I assume it was a mass email and I got lucky. Maybe not? $387.99 for a RTX 3060 was worth it though. Still running a GTX970 :/. Card should be here tomorrow.

View attachment 394689
click here: https://www.evga.com/community/myNotifies.asp

take a screenshot of that page and send it here, it'll say when you actually signed up to be notified

My first email was Thursday. I couldnt tell you when I signed up. Its been a long time though. No idea if they do a drawing or what but I assume it was a mass email and I got lucky. Maybe not? $387.99 for a RTX 3060 was worth it though. Still running a GTX970 :/. Card should be here tomorrow.
They do first come first serve when sending out email. If you put in now you will probably never get it. The 4xxx cards will be out by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back