Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's the play. I suspect this gen's LHR are the testing ground, and next gen will have 100% anti-mining measures baked in for anything not game related (even things like folding @ home won't work.) Then their CMP cards will actually have a draw. Current CMP cards are a difficult sell because they have 0 resale value. The only reason they sell now is because of desperation, but ideally you buy a gaming card because you can sell it off at the end of its useful mining life.
Yeah and you can use it for gaming when you want as well.
I didnt know about CMP cards, They look to be mining weaker than even the models that they are based on. 90HX with 10gb and 320 watts @86MH

Yeah and you can use it for gaming when you want as well.
I didnt know about CMP cards, They look to be mining weaker than even the models that they are based on. 90HX with 10gb and 320 watts @86MH
That's why it doesn't work right now, because the CMP cards are worse in so many metrics. So that's why I suspect the plan is to make CMP the only option in town, so the numbers can't be compared to the gaming cards.

That's why it doesn't work right now, because the CMP cards are worse in so many metrics. So that's why I suspect the plan is to make CMP the only option in town, so the numbers can't be compared to the gaming cards.
Makes sense

I got this from evga today.

This email is to notify you that there has been a change to your notification queue status. You previously signed up to be notified when 10G-P5-3881-KR became available, but due to ongoing product availability, you have been moved to the notification queue for 10G-P5-3881-KL, which features NVIDIA LHR. These cards offer the same gaming performance, but with reduced cryptomining performance (Ethereum). The products are identical in every other way. To learn more about NVIDIA LHR, click here.

EVGA has taken these steps to increase availability and speed up the queue for gamers looking to purchase a graphics card. Your notification queue position remains the same. However, if you wish to remain in the notification queue for 10G-P5-3881-KR you may "opt out " of this move; you will be once again placed back in the notification queue with your previous sign-up time. Please note that EVGA strongly recommends against opting out, because there is no ETA for availability and no guarantee that your order will be fulfilled for your original part number. Moreover, once you opt out, you may neither request to be placed back in the queue for 10G-P5-3881-KL, nor request an order notification for 10G-P5-3881-KL; you may only be in one queue at a time.

If you still wish to opt out of the move to 10G-P5-3881-KL, please click here. If you have any questions about this email, please contact EVGA Customer Service prior to taking any action.

I haven't looked it up yet but it has to be a 3080 since I only have notifies for 3070ti and 3080s. So, the 3080s are definitely going LHR.

I haven't looked it up yet but it has to be a 3080 since I only have notifies for 3070ti and 3080s. So, the 3080s are definitely going LHR.
I got a notice yesterday and 2 today, but I didnt check which cards there were for.

I have one of these. Used my 10% coupon in May and got one. Really nice little system. The 3060ti is a well made card with backplate. The cpu can get warm with the default fan curve.
Cyberpower sent me a case with a 120mm aio for cpu (I5-10600KF) and no other fans in the case lol.
If Im not doing anything but browsing the net with fan on max I dont pass 45c with the side TG on

Just get it from bestbuy. still in stock in my area (portland). These often come in and out of stock, when supply is good. I think we are hitting a little period of decent supply.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-r...5dcd83d11eb80a3162af5eba7fc0INT&skuId=6455823
Nice price for a nice setup dude!
The case looks cool, but if I bought it I would likely buy a different case and get everything cooled much easier and better. Ive seen some people mod those with good results too.

Nice price for a nice setup dude!
The case looks cool, but if I bought it I would likely buy a different case and get everything cooled much easier and better. Ive seen some people mod those with good results too.
I guess these are a bit weird about fan mounting. but they otherwise have plenty of ventilation. I think its a decent case, functionally. Personally, I would probably transplant. But if you are on a tight budget---this is the system to beat, IMO.
The 11700 non-k is a punchy CPU when you open up the turbo/power limits. And the motherboard in these is quite nice:
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b560-g-gaming-wifi-model/gallery

Make sure to get the bios update for that mobo.
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b560-g-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_bios

I guess these are a bit weird about fan mounting. but they otherwise have plenty of ventilation. I think its a decent case, functionally. Personally, I would probably transplant. But if you are on a tight budget---this is the system to beat, IMO.
The 11700 non-k is a punchy CPU when you open up the turbo/power limits. And the motherboard in these is quite nice:
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b560-g-gaming-wifi-model/gallery

Make sure to get the bios update for that mobo.
https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b560-g-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_bios
For a lot of of on here a transplant is an easy upgrade that isnt too pricey. That is a NICE MB too!

For a lot of of on here a transplant is an easy upgrade that isnt too pricey. That is a NICE MB too!
I have one build in a NR200 that was a struggle for me to fit stuff. Im terrible at cable management...
But I bought a LIan LI 011 Dynamic Mini in white for another build. Ill probably take one of my prebuild PCs and transplant to it maybe replacing MB in the process.
I just looked and it (ASUS prebuild) is still in stock in Sacramento too

Last edited:

Yeah for second I got a bit excited that they finally got to me in the queue... and nope, just telling me they basically aren't going to be making non-LHR cards much more.

And yeah for yours it's the 3080, the clue is the "10G" part as that's the only 10GB card they make.

For mine though I got it for the 3060ti, states the price is $469, but I don't even know what the original price was when I entered the queue, anyway to see that on the evga site?

Yeah for second I got a bit excited that they finally got to me in the queue... and nope, just telling me they basically aren't going to be making non-LHR cards much more.

And yeah for yours it's the 3080, the clue is the "10G" part as that's the only 10GB card they make.

For mine though I got it for the 3060ti, states the price is $469, but I don't even know what the original price was when I entered the queue, anyway to see that on the evga site?
I got a couple more notices overnight. My guess is that they are slowly rolling out to everyone, not that I ever expect the 3080s to ever be fufilled.

I got a couple more notices overnight. My guess is that they are slowly rolling out to everyone, not that I ever expect the 3080s to ever be fufilled.
At least not until it no longer matters. At some future point when the cards are no longer being scalped and supply is finally catching up to demand they'll be able to blitz through the notify queues because a lot of people will have gotten a card elsewhere (or decided to wait for the 4xxx series and just not bother) and no longer want their reservation.

Don’t know if things are starting to free up, but Microcenter is now able to keep at least some stuff in stock now. They had 3070ti starting at 800 and 3080ti starting at 1700 (lol) when I stopped by around 1:00 today.

Don’t know if things are starting to free up, but Microcenter is now able to keep at least some stuff in stock now. They had 3070ti starting at 800 and 3080ti starting at 1700 (lol) when I stopped by around 1:00 today.
Yeah, the new stuff at its higher msrps and minimal interest to miners means it has a chance of staying available. A lot of consumers are of course still salty that $500 3070s and $700 3080s existed, so those price points are less appealing, and scalpers aren't as interested.

Yea the higher priced stuff doesn't move fast. The EVGA cards get snatched up real fast.

Odd's that it's actually a 3070, not some old crappy card stuffed into the box so it doesn't weigh too little?
Haha, if I could get it in my area I'd open it at the store. I mean assuming this is in person... But I definitely think you're probably right, like.... Returning this in this market - something seems off, unless these were opened by the store/warehouse for some reason. Oh well... I don't currently have the option to find out.

That would still have been scalpable for a few hundred to a desperate gamer though.
On another forum, I read about a guy witnessing a guy further up in line buying a 3080FE and selling it to someone further back in line for $1100 on the spot.

On another forum, I read about a guy witnessing a guy further up in line buying a 3080FE and selling it to someone further back in line for $1100 on the spot.
One of the earlier Microcenter campout vids I saw, a couple ladies showed up as people were getting their cards offering to buy them on the spot. They were acting like brokers. One of the guys said something like "2 grand and it's yours" for a 3080... he wasn't too far off with that request either.

ran a number crunch on the 3070/ti bundles, about $150-200 over MSRP. I guess it's not awful but not great either. Got a system to build for a buddy but he's an Intel guy so it's a pass.

For those looking to build a new system it's definitely an option. Not sure it's worth the part out cost since many of those mice, keyboards, etc. are now on ebay and going for far less than MSRP or even retail cost.

Reactions: Liqq
like this
For those looking to build a new system it's definitely an option. Not sure it's worth the part out cost since many of those mice, keyboards, etc. are now on ebay and going for far less than MSRP or even retail cost.

Yeah it’s not worth the trouble, 5800X can be had brand new for under 400 on Newegg atm with their discount so it’s definitely widely available atm.

Nice, still in stock. The GPU situation seems to be getting much better as long as you can spend more than $600 for a GPU.
(That GPU's already being listed on ebay but I don't see the scalpers getting much out of it:https://www.ebay.com/itm/184957875437?hash=item2b105934ed:g:BaQAAOSwvBlg-Opb&LH_BIN=1)

I've seen some decent prices on ebay lately, saw a 6800XT go for $940 used at auction for example, but stockx seems to also be a nice dumping ground for people that are getting the FE GPUs from bestbuy. The lowest I've seen 3070s go for is about $900 and 3080s for $1200 so if you check there right after a bestbuy drop you can save a lot over other places. Fees are a little higher than ebay but I had a good experience buying my card there.
https://stockx.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-graphics-card-founders-edition-black
https://stockx.com/nvidia-founders-geforce-rtx-3070-ti-900-1g143-2515-000

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back