Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange. The last time I returned something to Amazon I got my refund as soon as UPS did their first scan after picking it up from the store I dropped it off at.
sounds like he dropped it at a courier himself, rather than dropping at Whole Foods, for them to handle.

Are all the cards going to gimped? I could always step up to a non ti...
Everything but the RTX 3090 is currently planned to be replaced with LHR models. Longer term, like the FP64 nuetering I'd expect the handicap to get more severe with each generation (ie >50% slow down and covering more GPU hashes); and your only hope of consumer GPU mining being AMD not following suit. As far as that goes, at best, I doubt AMD will delay implementing their own hash nerfing beyond the crypto surge after the current one. If in 2-3 years NVidia's RTX 5xxx/6xxx 90% LHR cards are widely available for gamers to buy at MSRP while AMD ones are esentially unavailable for gaming because scalpers are fliping them to miners for 2-3x MSRP it's going to be sending the message "If you want to game, you need a GeForce" which is not something AMD would want to happen.

I was excited about the queue system when I found out, but I only signed up for a notification on the 3080 Black Edition on the day of release (9/17). the queue opened on 9/16 and hasn’t moved past then though. 🙁 i was hoping that the 3080 ti would be my chance, but the damned thing is almost as much as a full 3090! At least this time I’m on the queue the day before release, although a few hours after it opened due to the web site melting down.

5600x is stock still 5800 5900 and 5950 OOS now
I have a 5600 and 5900 in my cart and it is still letting me checkout though

View attachment 362483
Nice. I'm about to take a chance on a new 5950x, unused, no box from a seller on Offer Up. If I go direct to save the 10% sales tax, there's no buyer protection, as he doesn't want to use paypal. But, for $700, maybe worth a try. He's sent some convincing pics that it's him and the CPU...

Nice. I'm about to take a chance on a new 5950x, unused, no box from a seller on Offer Up. If I go direct to save the 10% sales tax, there's no buyer protection, as he doesn't want to use paypal. But, for $700, maybe worth a try. He's sent some convincing pics that it's him and the CPU...
You must be pretty well off to not care if someone takes you for a $700 ride. I'd wait until Thursday and just buy one straight from AMD.

Below MSRP = scam. How is this not universally understood by now.

You must be pretty well off to not care if someone takes you for a $700 ride. I'd wait until Thursday and just buy one straight from AMD.
You're probably right. There is no box, fwiw. Being careful. May well not follow through.

You're probably right. There is no box, fwiw. Being careful. May well not follow through.
Why the box is critical - especially at that pricepoint - is because it's the only assurance it's a retail SKU meaning it actually has a warranty.

If the 5950X was pulled from a pre-built or is otherwise the OEM/tray edition, no warranty.

Why the box is critical - especially at that pricepoint - is because it's the only assurance it's a retail SKU meaning it actually has a warranty.

If the 5950X was pulled from a pre-built or is otherwise the OEM/tray edition, no warranty.
Thanks. Good to know.
489b0351856f4d5eb3db9dcfb3a33e5a.jpg

He did include a pic of the COA. same as came with my 2700x and 3900x....

Id like a 5950 also, but without box or paypal or in person I'd pass on it.
Even with Paypal DONT do friends and family unless you know the guy otherwise not covered

Thanks. Good to know.View attachment 363111

He did include a pic of the COA. same as came with my 2700x and 3900x....
Yeah the generic COA came out of any retail AMD box, doesn't guarantee the 5950X came out of one. Below MSRP = red flag #1, "unused and no box" = red flag #2. Buyer no Offerup history = red flag #3. "Offers to ship" = red flag #4. Too much BS to save $100. Hate to be a wet blanket but hate seeing people get scammed.

Edit: PM'd you because offtopic to continue

Last edited:
Appreciate all the warnings. Here's the listing, fwiw..... I just asked why there's no box

The savings is $180, as there's no sales tax. I sent him an AMD link for packaging tips...and again asked him to set up a paypal so I can have some buyer protection. We're now chatting on FB, which helps me to see he's real.... he sent a vid of him holding the chip.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1212075074

Last edited:
Yeah, I've entered the "shuffle" today. We'll see what happens. I've been at the worst buy site since 9 est. But the 3070 ti still say's "coming soon". Same on their app.

Last edited:
So to get in the special EVGA Elite queue we just.....click on the normal "auto-notify" on the 3070ti product page while signed into our elite accounts???

So to get in the special EVGA Elite queue we just.....click on the normal "auto-notify" on the 3070ti product page while signed into our elite accounts???
Yes, the enter your info. Site was heavily abused, so it may take you several tries.

Yes, the enter your info. Site was heavily abused, so it may take you several tries.
Well I did it probably 20 minutes ago and....had no issues logging into my account or setting up the auto-notify.

Yesterday EVGA's site had some fine print on the login page, saying they had made some backend changes to improve the experience. Guess it worked?

Well I did it probably 20 minutes ago and....had no issues logging into my account or setting up the auto-notify.

Yesterday EVGA's site had some fine print on the login page, saying they had made some backend changes to improve the experience. Guess it worked?
20 minutes ago was 40 minutes into it! It was garbage initially, I was fighting since 9:00 EST and got in 12 minutes in.

Well, The bestbuy 3070ti page has updated to add another "coming soon" card. The evga FTW card for the low price of 9,999.99. How could anyone say no. :ROFLMAO:
Edit: And it's gone. Just refreshed and that one is no longer listed. Oh well Guess we'll just have to keep our 10k in the bank. :D
Still just a "coming soon" message for the other 2.

Last edited:
Best Buy drop happening but I’m just getting errors and the queue system in the app. Strangely no 3070 tis so far.

Last edited:
Yeah 3070 ti didn't drop. I got in queue right away for a few things but still on the grey please wait. I don't think bb patched the bot bypass, so everything was probably all gone nationally after the first minute.

Yeah 3070 ti didn't drop. I got in queue right away for a few things but still on the grey please wait. I don't think bb patched the bot bypass, so everything was probably all gone nationally after the first minute.
Must have been quite the fast drop, because I was looking at my saved items around the time JasonPC posted and never saw anything happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back