Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...seriously? I thought I would have to have a defective card....is the older\newer models basically the same now if I did the latest firmware updates on the card?
Yeah they rolled out this program as soon as they started shipping with the black trim.

ugh...will I have to send it in and wait ....or will they do a cross shipment?

Or more likely they'll send new lips...lol - thanks emailed them.

Last edited:
Yeah...its pretty depressing. So much that it really doesn't make me want to have anything to do with the PC industry. I am completely jaded at this point.
I've been on the '3080 FE or bust' boat since launch.

When I hear news the 3080 FE is discontinued, I'll jump ship to the 'Fuck the whole PC industry' boat.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
ugh...will I have to send it in and wait ....or will they do a cross shipment?

Or more likely they'll send new lips...lol - thanks emailed them.

It is a replace it yourself program:

Update: Sent them an e-mail last night when I saw this post (14 hours ago) and just got this reply:
Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to the red trim on your card. There is a black replacement that we are able to send to you, but it does require some technical know-how in order to replace. We have included a copy of the instructions in this reply. If you feel you will be able to replace the shroud with these instructions, please reply to this message and we will enter you into our queue to be sent the replacement shroud. We currently do not have an ETA on how long it would take to get the shroud out to you, so please be patient as we fulfill the request.
The instructions are pretty straightforward, remove 7 screws to remove the shroud from the card, then remove 4 more screws to detach the RGB bar. There's also a small FTW3 logo (near the power connectors) to remove, looks like it's just a plastic piece that clicks into place. Then you can Reinstall the RGB bar and FTW3 logo on the new shroud, and install the new shroud on the cooler.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TEAMEVGA/comments/keo8gr/psa_red_accenttrim/gg5wknt/

Solid if you have one of their products, want to get one of their products by being on a waiting list that hasn't moved much past the first hour of people registering... not so much.
Well Im on the list is all I really know actually.
How long till I get called IDK.
Im on the notify list for every card they make and nothing yet from that after a few months.

I hope your wait isnt much longer!

I talked to a guy at EVGA and he is letting me register for the step up even though I got my 3060 via prebuilt, and even though it isn't listed specifically in the invoice and I didn't register it till 2 months after purchase.
EVGA is solid for sure!

I've only had one experience with the step up program, and they basically accused me of stealing (long story). My account was flagged for a month so I couldn't even get support on any other product I owned. I had to e-mail the service manager before they removed the flag.

Needless to say, I'm not a fan of the step up program, but overall, their service has been good for me. They do respond promptly with any issues I've had. So I keep buying them despite my bad step up experience.

when did that go live? Probably too late now for that
It was on their step up list yesterday.

1622819454599.png

I would bet you would have gotten the 3090 faster.
Hard to say I was considering switching but I’ve been on the 3090 queue for about a month. The price difference isn’t much and the 3090 isn’t hashrate gimped so... I guess I’ll stay in that queue.

The 3080Ti's in the Shuffle today are priced higher than my overpriced 3090 with tax. Crazy.

Hard to say I was considering switching but I’ve been on the 3090 queue for about a month. The price difference isn’t much and the 3090 isn’t hashrate gimped so... I guess I’ll stay in that queue.

I bought a card in early January, entered the step up queue for a 3090 on 3/15/21, and then got the notification on 4/13/21.

I bought a card in late December, entered the step up queue for a 3080 on 1/5/21, and still haven't been notified.

I bought a card in early January, entered the step up queue for a 3090 on 3/15/21, and then got the notification on 4/13/21.

I bought a card in late December, entered the step up queue for a 3080 on 1/5/21, and still haven't been notified.
Yeah December is too late, you will most likely never step up. 3080 will be EOL long before they get to your number. I wonder what they do in such a case, probably just disqualify your step up request? With the 90 day limit I have to imagine they won't allow you to go to 4k series.

Yeah December is too late, you will most likely never step up. 3080 will be EOL long before they get to your number. I wonder what they do in such a case, probably just disqualify your step up request? With the 90 day limit I have to imagine they won't allow you to go to 4k series.

I don't even think I can change it at this point because I'm already past the 90 day window.

I'm also interested to see what they do with the "notifies" for cards that will be EOL when they put out the LHR cards.

I would think they would at least move you over to a lower or equivalent sku? Like maybe from 3080 to 3070ti. The 3080ti is more akin to a 3090 so I could see them going eol on that sooner.

I've been trying this since 9:00am. Now somehow I am logged out and the login page doesn't load even though the product pages appear.

:mad: I am so pissed. I have been trying since last year to get a 3080/3090 and the one company that doesn't suck still can't keep the goddamn scalpers at bay. Apparently EVGA was giving out "elite" access to anyone who bought anything that could be registered, hence 1 million bots and scalpers who signed up in the past few weeks by purchasing a ticket to do so via a cheap EVGA mouse or similar. WHY? Why would you not limit this to accounts created before X date!? Surely someone at EVGA had to know this BS was going to happen.

/end rant
You didn't have to buy anything, just 100 posts on the EVGA forums got you elite status.

you can step up to the 3080ti now.
Yeah thats what I chose. They giving me $399 value for my 3060 XC towards it. So $1100 or so after tax to step up.
I've only had one experience with the step up program, and they basically accused me of stealing (long story). My account was flagged for a month so I couldn't even get support on any other product I owned. I had to e-mail the service manager before they removed the flag.

Needless to say, I'm not a fan of the step up program, but overall, their service has been good for me. They do respond promptly with any issues I've had. So I keep buying them despite my bad step up experience.
Thats terrible to be accused of stealing!
I'm glad you got that resolved at least.

Yeah thats what I chose. They giving me $399 value for my 3060 XC towards it. So $1100 or so after tax to step up.

Thats terrible to be accused of stealing!
I'm glad you got that resolved at least.

"Stealing" was probably the incorrect word. More like cheating the system with intent to defraud them.

Will the 3080ti be gimped?
I have no idea which cards will be, and honestly not interested in the 3080ti if it is

From what I've read, all 3080Ti's are limited, yes. Nvidia isn't flagging them as LHR because it should be understood all 3080ti's as a new product are LHR along with their future releases.

"When asked for comment, an Nvidia rep confirmed that this is not by accident, as the brand-new 3080 Ti model "doesn’t need the LHR designation to set it apart from a previous version to eliminate confusion." The rep then confirmed that this will be the case for all newly announced Nvidia GPUs going forward: "It’s all limited hash rate."

Per Arstechnica

"Stealing" was probably the incorrect word. More like cheating the system with intent to defraud them.
I was picturing your returned card got lost in shipping, I had that issue with Amazon and a returned amplifier and they wouldnt refund me. I had the shipping receipt from UPS. Im like its out of my hands now take it up with UPS.

Are all the cards going to gimped? I could always step up to a non ti...

You will NEVER get a non-Ti at this point. I've been in that step up queue since January. If you want a card you can mine on, you have to step up to a 3090 as that's the only queue that seems to be moving quickly. For the extra $300, it might be worth it. Might not be though.

You will NEVER get a non-Ti at this point. I've been in that step up queue since January. If you want a card you can mine on, you have to step up to a 3090 as that's the only queue that seems to be moving quickly. For the extra $300, it might be worth it. Might not be though.
I am calling them to see if they will give me the gimped card list.

They cant or wont say, but I can return it unopened for a refund if the box has the mark of the beast.
He did confirm that the 3080 ti Q will be faster since it opened yday

Last edited:
I was picturing your returned card got lost in shipping, I had that issue with Amazon and a returned amplifier and they wouldnt refund me. I had the shipping receipt from UPS. Im like its out of my hands now take it up with UPS.

Strange. The last time I returned something to Amazon I got my refund as soon as UPS did their first scan after picking it up from the store I dropped it off at.

Strange. The last time I returned something to Amazon I got my refund as soon as UPS did their first scan after picking it up from the store I dropped it off at.
The same is true for me usually. This was 4-5 yrs ago. They showed the tag scanned but not in their possession or something. The driver that came to my house to pick it up evidently "lost" it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back