Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3080 Ti's in the newegg shuffle. Going live at 6AM PDT/9AM EDT. $1200-1800; apparently varying mostly by brand.

Well 40 minutes later I'm giving up on the EVGA notify queue. I can't get the page to load, I can't even log in. Started trying to login before the turn of the hour, and the site was already hammered.

Well 40 minutes later I'm giving up on the EVGA notify queue. I can't get the page to load, I can't even log in. Started trying to login before the turn of the hour, and the site was already hammered.
This is taking quite a bit longer to get in than the 3060 launch. That's a bit surprising.

I'm thinking scalpers, not miners this time. Gotta be scalpers hoping for a cool $2000+ resell on the 3080 ti.

In a way they are doing us a favor this is an awful price on a card that’s also gimped for mining so it’s double the difficulty to even recoup the cost.

In a way they are doing us a favor this is an awful price on a card that’s also gimped for mining so it’s double the difficulty to even recoup the cost.
Somehow Newegg magically didn't crash at all, at least for me, on their shuffle page for all the new 3080 Ti models they are shuffling. I KNOW there are going to be folks with an 6am almost on the dot sign up on EVGA's queue. How do some people get in and some people don't? How do EVGA's servers decide who gets the page to load, and who has a "Site is at full capacity" message?

Somehow Newegg magically didn't crash at all, at least for me, on their shuffle page for all the new 3080 Ti models they are shuffling. I KNOW there are going to be folks with an 6am almost on the dot sign up on EVGA's queue. How do some people get in and some people don't? How do EVGA's servers decide who gets the page to load, and who has a "Site is at full capacity" message?
No doubt Newegg’s severs are more scalable than evga. But it’s the same issue as zotac. Some people have no trouble accessing their site. I don’t have a prayer’s chance.

I was able to get signed up for one hybrid card notification. Now getting 404 errors.

was able to get notification for both HC and ftw3 3080ti and hopefully do not have to wait until fall to get cards

Got in but at 2 hours in, I suspect I won't get a notify until 2023. Probably 100 million people in front of me lol

I've been trying this since 9:00am. Now somehow I am logged out and the login page doesn't load even though the product pages appear.

:mad: I am so pissed. I have been trying since last year to get a 3080/3090 and the one company that doesn't suck still can't keep the goddamn scalpers at bay. Apparently EVGA was giving out "elite" access to anyone who bought anything that could be registered, hence 1 million bots and scalpers who signed up in the past few weeks by purchasing a ticket to do so via a cheap EVGA mouse or similar. WHY? Why would you not limit this to accounts created before X date!? Surely someone at EVGA had to know this BS was going to happen.

/end rant

I was just now finally able to activate the notify on pretty much all of the 3080 ti's....was getting Captcha error before..

1622737071501.png

i finally just gave up on the whole trying to get a 3080. No point and I'm sick of shuffle and I don't feel the need to just through hoops, use discord, browser extension, etc just for the miniscule change of buying an over priced item.

1080ti doing just fine and as much as I want RTX lighting in my games, it still tanks performance and games aren't really using it well yet.

Least 5900x's are easy to get but not sure I need to replace 3800x.

Got in but at 2 hours in, I suspect I won't get a notify until 2023. Probably 100 million people in front of me lol
Sounds about right... plus don't forget all the 3rd party resellers and "system builders" will always get priority over people who actually goes straight to the source to say "Hey I want one" because... economics?

Yeah, it appears the AMD processor shortage is over. They've been up and available (5900 and 5950, too) for about an hour.
5600x is stock still 5800 5900 and 5950 OOS now
I have a 5600 and 5900 in my cart and it is still letting me checkout though

1622747634599.png

Has it really been that long?

Sweet baby Jesus, it has.
Yeah...its pretty depressing. So much that it really doesn't make me want to have anything to do with the PC industry. I am completely jaded at this point.

Guys, I've been chosen in the Newegg shuffle!!!!!!!! Holy $#!%!

The exact make and model I wanted too, the EVGA FTW3. I had just decided to lay down for a quick nap since I had basically stayed awake all night, and my phone started going crazy!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210603-161157_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210603-161157_Gmail.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20210603-155654_Newegg.jpg
    Screenshot_20210603-155654_Newegg.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 0
Guys, I've been chosen in the Newegg shuffle!!!!!!!! Holy $#!%!

The exact make and model I wanted too, the EVGA FTW3. I had just decided to lay down for a quick nap since I had basically stayed awake all night, and my phone started going crazy!
That's sexy. I have pitched a tent for you good sir

I have the 3090 version with the red lips...wonder if I can xchange it for the non red lip version? =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back