Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
there was at least one GPU hiding in the mess. Sorting by price and going from high to low I saw a 3070. Might be more than one, I stopped there since I'm not interested in anything but a 3080.

there was at least one GPU hiding in the mess. Sorting by price and going from high to low I saw a 3070. Might be more than one, I stopped there since I'm not interested in anything but a 3080.
I have a friend with a white build that needs a white GPU and has the strix 6700xt and would like this instead

Don't forget to go after EVGA 3070s though. Then you can use the step up program. Not that there is an EVGA 3070 listed today, but in the future, there should be.

Don't forget to go after EVGA 3070s though. Then you can use the step up program. Not that there is an EVGA 3070 listed today, but in the future, there should be.
Has anyone actually managed to step up lately? I thought that was as clogged to futility as their website order queues were.

The step up Queue for 3080s is wack, it's out until at least 2022. You're better off aiming for a 3090 or just waiting for new 3080ti

The step up Queue for 3080s is wack, it's out until at least 2022. You're better off aiming for a 3090 or just waiting for new 3080ti
Someone said the queue was taking a week for the 3090 but I can confirm it’s much longer than that.

Someone said the queue was taking a week for the 3090 but I can confirm it’s much longer than that.

I've been checking these from the EVGA forums, the 3090 queue is up to the beginning of December for the hybrid model, the others are up to early November last year. Kingpin models are into early 2021, hydrocopper is further ahead but I don't know how you even get into that queue and it is limited run anyway. 3090's are farther ahead than other queues but you're still looking at 2022.

If assume a steady rate for the queue (unlikely, given increased interest early this year) you can roughly extrapolate that...

It's taken 8 months to progress 3 months (ish) into the queue. Let's say you sign up to the queue today. Assuming the current rate to progress 8 months into the queue, you are looking at something like 21-22 months from launch... that means in the best supply/demand scenario (3090 models) you are able to purchase a card from queue in June or July of 2022.

I've been checking these from the EVGA forums, the 3090 queue is up to the beginning of December for the hybrid model, the others are up to early November last year. Kingpin models are into early 2021, hydrocopper is further ahead but I don't know how you even get into that queue and it is limited run anyway. 3090's are farther ahead than other queues but you're still looking at 2022.

If assume a steady rate for the queue (unlikely, given increased interest early this year) you can roughly extrapolate that...

It's taken 8 months to progress 3 months (ish) into the queue. Let's say you sign up to the queue today. Assuming the current rate to progress 8 months into the queue, you are looking at something like 21-22 months from launch... that means in the best supply/demand scenario (3090 models) you are able to purchase a card from queue in June or July of 2022.
Kingpin hydrocopper queue was open for a grand total of 18s. I know this because there is a very good chance I am literally the last person on the list.

If that is the case, I guess they could technically stop producing the 3080 by then. What does that do to your step up? Do they give the option to step up to a different card?

Are you talking about the regular queue? We’re talking about the step-up queue which isn’t the same (although still extremely extended).

Waking up early, too much trouble, man I hate this Newegg shuffle...
Hadn't heard that in a while...

I entered the shuffle for the 5800X and 3070 and didn't even get any notification that I lost or won anything. I even registered my phone number for the notification.

Hadn't heard that in a while...

I entered the shuffle for the 5800X and 3070 and didn't even get any notification that I lost or won anything. I even registered my phone number for the notification.

Me too. Weird.

Yesterday was a sting operation to catch the people who always click on everything to find the resellers. You have been black-listed. /s

Yesterday was a sting operation to catch the people who always click on everything to find the resellers. You have been black-listed. /s
I only clicked 3 things yday and I didnt receive a notification either.
1 of the items is even in stock.
Today I get the snap we dont know how to do a web page properly error message again.

I only clicked 3 things yday and I didnt receive a notification either.
1 of the items is even in stock.
Today I get the snap we dont know how to do a web page properly error message again.
It looked fine for me today. Although, it seems the prices have gone up again. 3080s now appear to be in the $1200 range.

I deselected everything except 1 item and then it let me enter.
When I called Newegg and Lindsay Lohan answered and said they are working on it and and its the high traffic causing it.
I told her I feel an emptiness that I never got my rejection last night as well.

Man I just got (another) EVGA Product Availability Update Notification, this time for a RTX 3070 FTW. At some point in the past I must've registered to be notified on several different GPU models because a few weeks back I received a notice for a EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 XC3, which is now sitting in this very computer.

I think i'm going to try and sell this one locallly to some needy yet deserving gamer at breakeven. Oh no profits for me, I'm already a fortunate individual. Besides, the amount of nerd virtue signalling I'll be entitled to is worth way more than some piddly dollars. In some small way, I'd like to think of myself as GPU jesus descending from on high to bestow 4k gaming on some poor chap.

I think i'm going to try and sell this one locallly to some needy yet deserving gamer at breakeven. Oh no profits for me, I'm already a fortunate individual. Besides, the amount of nerd virtue signalling I'll be entitled to is worth way more than some piddly dollars. In some small way, I'd like to think of myself as GPU jesus descending from on high to bestow 4k gaming on some poor chap.
This doesnt really work unless you know someone personally, you can assume it's going to get flipped. I tried the nice guy thing a few times - both on this forum and with local randoms - only to see the person turn around and resell the thing for profit. My friend sold a PS5 at his cost to a "poor single mom" right before christmas - she and a kid even showed up all excited to pick it up - only for that PS5 to be on this lady's Offerup for $900 an hour later.

These aren't bad people, but you're also under no obligation to be their idiot.

Last edited:
This is inexperience talking. Unless you know someone personally, you can assume it's going to get flipped. I tried the nice guy thing a few times - both on this forum and with local randoms - only to see the person turn around and resell the thing for profit.

Perish the thought. Being GPU Jesus I'm confident I can spot sin as easily as a cheeto stain on a plain white T. Of course I would only sell to the most deserving (aka most ass kissing).

This doesnt really work unless you know someone personally, you can assume it's going to get flipped. I tried the nice guy thing a few times - both on this forum and with local randoms - only to see the person turn around and resell the thing for profit. My friend sold a PS5 at his cost to a "poor single mom" right before christmas - she and a kid even showed up all excited to pick it up - only for that PS5 to be on this lady's Offerup for $900 an hour later.

These aren't bad people, but you're also under no obligation to be their idiot.

I see this world has jaded you my friend. Fear not for me as I am excellent judge of character. I once was able to identify a stranger's profession as a doctor despite he being off duty solely by the angle of his eyebrows. In the off chance I'm unable to find such a humble and deserving gamer it would mean the humans of this city are doomed for I am also very thorough (I doubt my search will last past the fine folk on Facebook Marketplace). If the unspeakable does happen however, the only thing left to do is banish this accursed GPU to hell (aka basement computer) to serve a thousand years toiling for the divine mana otherwise known as doge-coin.

1622056613242.png

Aha! Perhaps there is an unlucky gamer chap in this very thread who despite vigorous effort has not yet procured a RTX card? If there is such an individual whom a quorum can vouch for, willing to solemnly swear on scout's honor it won't flipped, and has a lot of trade feedback please step forth!

No sir. Kindness is key to everything. When I still had both extra GPU's and the time to deal with selling them, I hooked up myriad people at or close to cost if I got a good read. Like a dude that came from a 12hr shift at a Target distribution center, working overtime to recover from an Offerup scam for a 3070. He was legit so I gave him a 3080 FTW3 instead of the 3070 he came for. Being jaded in life = you're already dead. I guess there are degrees.

Curious then, if you have experience with both the good and bad, why was your initial reaction to warn against deeds you yourself have undertaken with success? Your words implied the only possible result was having kindness taken advantage of, which is not representative of your own experience.

Man I just got (another) EVGA Product Availability Update Notification, this time for a RTX 3070 FTW. At some point in the past I must've registered to be notified on several different GPU models because a few weeks back I received a notice for a EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 XC3, which is now sitting in this very computer.

I sold my Newegg Shuffle 6700xt to son in law at cost so he could retire the 570 he was using.
He decided to do a whole build around it.
I built it for him this past Sunday.
NZXT H710 case, 5800X cpu, Strix B550 Srix MB, 6700XT, NZXT Z73 AIO, 4x8gb corsair vengence white rgb ram, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, and Inland 2TB NVMes, corsair RMX-850 PSU, Asia Horse Extensions.
Took me several hours to build and cable manage it

Last edited:
Aha! Perhaps there is an unlucky gamer chap in this very thread who despite vigorous effort has not yet procured a RTX card? If there is such an individual whom a quorum can vouch for, willing to solemnly swear on scout's honor it won't flipped, and has a lot of trade feedback please step forth!

Ugh, I would love to have a EVGA 3070. Full disclosure, I did manage to purchase a 6700xt last month so I wouldn't want to take the opportunity from a forum member who needs it more than myself though. I think there are still several of us in this thread who have been trying for a 3000 series since last year and gotten nothing as of yet.

Ugh, I would love to have a EVGA 3070. Full disclosure, I did manage to purchase a 6700xt last month so I wouldn't want to take the opportunity from a forum member who needs it more than myself though. I think there are still several of us in this thread who have been trying for a 3000 series since last year and gotten nothing as of yet.
I havent been able to buy an msrp 3000 card.
But I bought 3 prebuilts 2 with 3080s and 1 with a 3060

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back