Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there were kind souls who would sell an RTX 3070/3080 at cost prices. This is getting ridiculous. I havnt been able to get one yet.... anywhere.

i'd be find with kind souls, mostly here, selling them for the newegg price or whatever. I would pay at this point for someone's newegg combo just to have the card.

I’ve entered 5 shuffles and haven’t won but my cousin had entered 4 and won twice......

He maybe has spent $1000 at Newegg in the past decade where as I’ve easily spent $8-10k.

i'd be find with kind souls, mostly here, selling them for the newegg price or whatever. I would pay at this point for someone's newegg combo just to have the card.
That kind of attitude and behavior will keeps graphics card pricing out of touch for all gamers and streamers for ages to come. Never cave in to impulse. Turn the tide on the AIBs. AMD, and Nvidia by holding steadfast. Do not let them stick it to us. Eventually this marker will collapse. ALL crypto currency is in line for a major collapse. It will happen sometime in the next 6 months. Then prices will drop on gpus. Patience is the key and believe it I am feeling the pain. I sold my Radeon VII 4 months ago expecting to get a 6800XT. Now I am stuck on an RX 570 4GB card that I picked up from Micro Center while it was still cheap. Newegg is also gouging . They have more than doubled their profit margins from about 4% on graphics cards to almost 10 percent. So all the supply chain is too blame for the fiasco and all are taking it out of our hide. By end of 1st quarter of 2022, this problem will be ending. AMD will leave console production on 7nm as it buys up a huge quantity of 5nm wafers for RDNA3 cards. They will NOT be cheap but they will be below current price levels witth a 50% performance boost. I willwait unless the coming krypto crash is more severe than anticipated and prices on gpus like the 6800XT fall down to MSRP.

Last edited:
That kind of attitude and behavior will keeps graphics card pricing out of touch for all gamers and streamers for ages to come. Never cave in to impulse. Turn the tide on the AIBs. AMD, and Nvidia by holding steadfast. Do not let them stick it to us. Eventually this marker will collapse. ALL crypto currency is in line for a major collapse. It will happen sometime in the next 6 months. Then prices will drop on gpus. Patience is the key and believe it I am feeling the pain. I sold my Radeon VII 4 months ago expecting to get a 6800XT. Now I am stuck on an RX 570 4GB card that I picked up from Micro Center while it was still cheap. Newegg is also gouging . They have more than doubled their price margins from about 4% on graphics cards to almost 10 percent. So all the supply chain is too blame for the fiasco and all are taking it out of our hide. By end of 1st quarter of 2022, this problem will be ending. AMD will leave console production on 7nm as it buys up a huge quantity of 5nm wafers for RDNA3 cards. They will NOT be cheap but they will be below current price levels witth a 50% performance boost. I willwait unless the coming krypto crash is more severe than anticipated and prices on gpus like the 6800XT fall down to MSRP.
The last time crypto collapsed it still lacked institutional support, as a skeptical convert, when people can buy and sell BTC and ETH on paypal like real money, and the biggest pump n pump master aka Musk is tweeting everyday and investing billions in it, I do not see an imminent collapse coming.

That kind of attitude and behavior will keeps graphics card pricing out of touch for all gamers and streamers for ages to come. Never cave in to impulse. Turn the tide on the AIBs. AMD, and Nvidia by holding steadfast. Do not let them stick it to us. Eventually this marker will collapse. ALL crypto currency is in line for a major collapse. It will happen sometime in the next 6 months. Then prices will drop on gpus. Patience is the key and believe it I am feeling the pain. I sold my Radeon VII 4 months ago expecting to get a 6800XT. Now I am stuck on an RX 570 4GB card that I picked up from Micro Center while it was still cheap. Newegg is also gouging . They have more than doubled their price margins from about 4% on graphics cards to almost 10 percent. So all the supply chain is too blame for the fiasco and all are taking it out of our hide. By end of 1st quarter of 2022, this problem will be ending. AMD will leave console production on 7nm as it buys up a huge quantity of 5nm wafers for RDNA3 cards. They will NOT be cheap but they will be below current price levels witth a 50% performance boost. I willwait unless the coming krypto crash is more severe than anticipated and prices on gpus like the 6800XT fall down to MSRP.
Or, crypto is here to stay, and the current prices & availability are the best we will see for years. There's just as many reasons to suspect things will continue to get worse for a few years until new fabs come online.

The last time crypto collapsed it still lacked institutional support, as a skeptical convert, when people can buy and sell BTC and ETH on paypal like real money, and the biggest pump n pump master aka Musk is tweeting everyday and investing billions in it, I do not see an imminent collapse coming.

yea like 4 weeks ago or so, the talk of BTC was it was going to skyrocket by the end of year.

But yea, in the age of "new normal" these prices and combos are the "new normal" and if you want one, you are going to have to pay. I'm mentally and financially prepared to do it to make sure my gaming fix/hobby is up to the bar I want it to be. Now I have a limit, im not going to pay 2k+ right now for a 3080 that the real scalpers want. The combos on newegg aren't the best, but at least I can recoup some of that selling the combo item, which I would most likely do at a greatly reduced cost here knowing there is always someone looking for something and if I can give people a good deal why not.

Monoprice has stock -only 2x MSRP. if you are desperate...

1619819796798.png

Attachments

• 1619819585364.png
    1619819585364.png
    632.6 KB · Views: 0
Oh weird. Yeah that fan setup would be noisy.
Apparently the fan curve got overridden by Gigabyte’s poopoo software that controls the little led screen and lights on the card. And of course this fan curve was crap and in rpms that were off the chart so it was running the fans at 100% at around 64 C. A custom fan curve in afterburner has things much quieter now. The card only supports three nodes on the firmware fan curve which is absolutely horrible wtf.

Last edited:
Man. I feel bad for everyone trying on shuffle. I normally have the worst luck. But was able to nab from bestbuy in february a 5950x and 3090 FE on the same day, payed MSRP. Literally on my second day trying shuffle (was trying to nab a card for a bud at cost, but added everything for shits and giggles), was able to nab a 3090 white strix....lol. Maybe easier cause it was a 3090? not sure. Selling the FE now to a dif bud, and time to add more extra white goodness to my white build =P. The FE just didn't look right in it...lol.

Or, crypto is here to stay, and the current prices & availability are the best we will see for years. There's just as many reasons to suspect things will continue to get worse for a few years until new fabs come online.
Not a possibility. Crypto may be here to stay, but all the smaller players will be squeezed out of the market and the speculation is rampant. Crypto produces nothing of social value or use value . Just like all other speculative vehicles it is subject tp wild gyrations and periodic crashes. The correction last month was NOT a crash and a true crash will be coming as the billionaire investors in crypto engineer it so they can by the coins at bargain basement prices, just like they do with stocks . All smart billionaires get richer by feasting of the fears of the smaller investors as they corner the market.

Looks like Best Buy is stocking more of these today. in-stock near Portland, could be other areas as well.

11700f with an RTX 3070

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-r...070-1tb-hdd-512gb-ssd/6455823.p?skuId=6455823
Those Asus PCs currently have this mobo, which is pretty nice: https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b560-g-gaming-wifi-model/

The RAM is Hynix 3200mhz. CL22. no heatsinks. Its definitely barebones but its fine. And I bet you could tweak it down to CL18 without much fuss.

The power supply in the 3070 and 3080 systems is a 750w 80 plus gold semi-modular from Great Wall. which is an OEM whom makes a lot of power supplies for other brands. Tom's Hardware says they make many of the SFX power supplies out there.

IMO, the biggest problem with the Asus machines is that the CPU heatsinks are woefully inadequate. So if you buy one, I would budget for an aftermarket cooler. I'm not sure what the height clearance is, but I would like to think you could fit a Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B in there. If not, a NH-C14S would definitely fit.

Last edited:
They have the Alienware 3080 systems for $2199in certain areas. I can pick one up for $1979 with my bday coupon.

Looks like Best Buy is stocking more of these today. in-stock near Portland, could be other areas as well.

11700f with an RTX 3070

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-r...070-1tb-hdd-512gb-ssd/6455823.p?skuId=6455823

11700f with an RTX 3070
In stock where I'm at. Good deal?

I won the shuffle, but I have no recollection of selecting the items that I now have the opportunity to buy... Not that interested in a 6700xt.

I did my first shuffle friday and won a 3060ti and a PSU that apparently catches on fire? I am a die hard AMD fan but im probably going to just keep this 3060ti as video cards to hard to get. I wanted a 6800 xt so bad, back in November.

Last edited:
I did my first shuffle friday and won a 3060ti and a PSU that apparently catches on fire? I am a die hard AMD fan but im probably going to just keep this 3060ti as video cards to hard to get. I wanted a 6800 xt so bad, back in November.
Just one shuffle and you win? Lucky bastard, no email yet so I'm probably 0-54.

Yeah, ive been wanting to get into it but when they announce the shuffle i was never near a computer and hate using my cell phone for that kind of stuff. The few shuffles i had seen i wasnt super interested in. -- i want an AMD card at MSRP but they are selling 6700s for $1050. after tax and shipping i am out $815 for a card that should MSRP at $399. Don't feel that lucky honestly.

Yeah, ive been wanting to get into it but when they announce the shuffle i was never near a computer and hate using my cell phone for that kind of stuff. The few shuffles i had seen i wasnt super interested in. -- i want an AMD card at MSRP but they are selling 6700s for $1050. after tax and shipping i am out $815 for a card that should MSRP at $399. Don't feel that lucky honestly.
reference 6700 XT are $479 but yeah-------I don't get why they are being priced so high on Newegg, when 3070 and 3060ti are often $700-$850 on Newegg.

The Asus ROG gaming desktops with 3070 and 3080's just went in stock for me at Best Buy. Scored the 3080 version.

$1600 3070 Rig

$2000 3080 Rig

*edit*

I had to do a "verification" code to my e-mail before I could checkout, slowing down the bots some maybe? I don't remember it doing that when trying to get the Founders Edition drops. Didn't do that when I got my wife her RTX 3060 laptop either.

Last edited:
The Asus ROG gaming desktops with 3070 and 3080's just went in stock for me at Best Buy. Scored the 3080 version.

$1600 3070 Rig

$2000 3080 Rig

*edit*

I had to do a "verification" code to my e-mail before I could checkout, slowing down the bots some maybe? I don't remember it doing that when trying to get the Founders Edition drops. Didn't do that when I got my wife her RTX 3060 laptop eitherp

you got the 1 they probably had in stock lol
Back in stock again. 3rd time today.
*edit*
4th time now. So they've had at least 4. This last one lasted less than 10 seconds before it was out of stock though.

Last edited:
interesting seeing cards without bundles and priced well. Wonder if that means those cards are getting a lot more stock?

Does anyone know if ASUS would honor an RMA for an eBay purchase?

New or used? If new from Newegg or Best Buy I'd assume so. Smaller sellers maybe not. If used (including new/unopened sold by random seller Joe Bob), I am doubting most manufacturers offer RMA. I think only a few brands have transferable warranties.

A quick Google search offers mixed reviews. Be completely honest with them and do it over the phone.

It depends on what it is. If they can use the phrase, "physical damage" anywhere in your claim, it will be denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back