Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
0-48, my blood pressure will continue to elevate.
they are making it easier to not get too disappointed with the pricing. I haven't even bothered to enter in the last few. Not worth it. Not when you still have a legitimate chance of getting a best buy (closer to MSRP) card every couple weeks.

Or just buying a prebuilt which has a full PC wrapped around it for $2k with a 3080 card. So spend $500 more to get a full PC over the newegg shuffle $1500 3080 with a crap 550 motherboard, 1080P monitor, or mid tier PSU.

they are making it easier to not get too disappointed with the pricing. I haven't even bothered to enter in the last few. Not worth it. Not when you still have a legitimate chance of getting a best buy (closer to MSRP) card every couple weeks.

Or just buying a prebuilt which has a full PC wrapped around it for $2k with a 3080 card. So spend $500 more to get a full PC over the newegg shuffle $1500 3080 with a crap 550 motherboard, 1080P monitor, or mid tier PSU.
I'm still spending 2k plus tax on a graphics card, since the rest is garbage 99% of the time and has no possibility of being resold and it is nothing I want. Most systems with 3080s are in the 2.5k+ range anyway, select few are at the 2k point.

I'm still spending 2k plus tax on a graphics card, since the rest is garbage 99% of the time and has no possibility of being resold and it is nothing I want. Most systems with 3080s are in the 2.5k+ range anyway, select few are at the 2k point.
No to bold.

Yes, usually closer to $2.5K, but there have been and continues to be $2K deals pop up. Slickdeals.net lists them. Discord channels list them. This system just popped a minute ago. Hardly trash.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-r...080-2tb-hdd-512gb-ssd/6455824.p?skuId=6455824

1619537039803.png

No to bold.

Yes, usually closer to $2.5K, but there have been and continues to be $2K deals pop up. Slickdeals.net lists them. Discord channels list them. This system just popped a minute ago. Hardly trash.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-r...080-2tb-hdd-512gb-ssd/6455824.p?skuId=6455824

Well the case is trash, but every prebuilt gaming system today comes with enough RGB that its hard copy Prop 65 (cancer) warning should be bigger than the system itself.

Specwise though, the one thing that raises my ire is the tiny size of the HDD. If you're going with split storage, 4TB for $60 would be a lot more useful than 2TB for $30 at that price point.

Well the case is trash, but every prebuilt gaming system today comes with enough RGB that its hard copy Prop 65 (cancer) warning should be bigger than the system itself.

Specwise though, the one thing that raises my ire is the tiny size of the HDD. If you're going with split storage, 4TB for $60 would be a lot more useful than 2TB for $30 at that price point.
The cases on these are actually decent, aside from the looks and that the window isn't tempered glass. But otherwise, they have lots of ventilation and opportunities to add fans. And the cable management is as good as anything, really. In terms of actually serving your computer's fit and function, I think these current Asus cases are better than most of the pre-built stuff from the big brands.

No to bold.

View attachment 351149
The only thing I would find mildly useful in that setup would be the 512gb ssd. For a gaming machine, it's ridiculous to include such a small drive, mechanical drives are trash for gamers. Useless cpu without igpu. Ram speed unidentified, but I am guessing at best it is 3200mhz cl22. Likely useless motherboard and power supply.

With the shuffle I at least have a shot selling the bundled junk, mobo or displays for half their price might move. The only way I can offload this system would be to put a graphics card in it, which of course is the joke.

Maybe for someone looking for a complete system it would be ok, but I am not. I already have my 5950x, I already have my case and have been modding it for months and will be doing a full custom water cooling setup, as I have done since around 2005. For my purposes these prebuilts are effectively worse newegg bundles.

The only thing I would find mildly useful in that setup would be the 512gb ssd. For a gaming machine, it's ridiculous to include such a small drive, mechanical drives are trash for gamers. Useless cpu without igpu. Ram speed unidentified, but I am guessing at best it is 3200mhz cl22. Likely useless motherboard and power supply.
Those Asus PCs currently have this mobo, which is pretty nice: https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b560-g-gaming-wifi-model/

The RAM is Hynix 3200mhz. CL22. no heatsinks. Its definitely barebones but its fine. And I bet you could tweak it down to CL18 without much fuss.

The power supply in the 3070 and 3080 systems is a 750w 80 plus gold semi-modular from Great Wall. which is an OEM whom makes a lot of power supplies for other brands. Tom's Hardware says they make many of the SFX power supplies out there.

IMO, the biggest problem with the Asus machines is that the CPU heatsinks are woefully inadequate. So if you buy one, I would budget for an aftermarket cooler. I'm not sure what the height clearance is, but I would like to think you could fit a Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B in there. If not, a NH-C14S would definitely fit.

Last edited:
I cant believe anyone wants these video cards at the prices they are demanding right now.

Got my typical rejection. Anyone win the Shuffle today? It had a lot of good stuff. I was drooling over those liquid cooled 3090s!!

ahhh, one can dream.

I just wish when they texted me I could sign up rather than having to wait until 10am.

I forget sometimes.

Rejection seems to be a very common theme. I'm 0-34 myself and today was no different once again.
Hey I’m proof that you too can be taken advantage of by corporate greed.

That said, anybody need a b550 motherboard? And honestly I’m a little let down by this gigabyte 3070. For as huge as it is, it runs very toasty and noisy compared to my 2080 Super for about a 10-15% performance boost.

That said, anybody need a b550 motherboard? And honestly I’m a little let down by this gigabyte 3070. For as huge as it is, it runs very toasty and noisy compared to my 2080 Super for about a 10-15% performance boost.
which 3070 did you get?

b550 mATX?

So apparently Best Buy had a random restocking of the 3090 FE this afternoon, and according to the hotstock app they were available for a bout 10 minutes. Of course it notified me at the END of the 10 minute window rather than the beginning. I don't think I've seen them restock 3000 series that late before...

So apparently Best Buy had a random restocking of the 3090 FE this afternoon, and according to the hotstock app they were available for a bout 10 minutes. Of course it notified me at the END of the 10 minute window rather than the beginning. I don't think I've seen them restock 3000 series that late before...
keep checking. they tend to release their drops in small batches.

Being able to get in the queue doesn't mean available. I was there at the beginning. Guess how many I got? 0

Best Buy RTX 3080 available near Seattle. Maybe other places around the country. But not near Portland.

Had a 3080 founders edition go from "add to cart" to "sold out" in the time it took to fix it forgetting my location (I was still logged in, so no idea why it suddenly thought I was halfway across the country.)

Yeah I had two cart in my card, but no store nearby for either.
Never even got one into my cart. Too bad! I think my chances would've been decent had I known when it actually started ... I'm near an area (Dallas) with lots of Best Buy stores. Oh well! I tried.

I was trying to get Asus TUF 3070. They had drop. I clicked add to cart and then got the "please wait" ----- but it never gave me the second option to actually add to cart. Two different computers.

I will still pay for a 3070 or 3080. I've stopped with the 3060s.
The funny thing is that there are a bunch of 6700 XT on craiglist (at least in my area) for $950 or so whereas the few 3060 ti up for sale start at $1200. I don't understand who will pay 30% more for slower performance.

I was trying to get Asus TUF 3070. They had drop. I clicked add to cart and then got the "please wait" ----- but it never gave me the second option to actually add to cart. Two different computers.
just got the add to cart on both computers. it sold out instantly. didn't even get it into my cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back