Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've reached 0-32 now. Too bad, although overpriced I would have gotten that 3090, would have been happy to get the 3080 or the 3070s, and pleased to grab the 5950x.
Got my usual rejection letter as well. I tried for everything except the 6700XT this time. Turns out, I could have had a chance at an MSRP 6700/6800 series this morning if I would have been able to skip work and go somewhere with fast internet. I hate that they always do these restocks during normal working hours, but I guess that makes sense since they'll have staff to keep an eye on things and start getting product ready to ship out.

Any insight on your method?
Well I try to have everything ready earlier in the day but was slacking today. That cost me some time. Helps that I have 3 BB accounts (me, wife, business). I use hotstock alerts on the FE cards. I've given up on places other than BB as bots just get everything immediately and since only BB has FE cards it lets me know when the drop starts.

You just need to be fast. As within seconds of getting the alerts. If I could streamline my process and have everything ready I could likely be faster. Also, have email address access all setup since all orders will require account verification and their text message codes take forever to arrive.

Managed a 3090 FE and 5950x

Completely wiffed through the drop, just didn't care enough to check any discords, or stock update channels. Like I said before, without bot assistance there's literally zero chance to get a card, Newegg is the only place where the average joe has a fighting chance... and even then it's a crap shoot.

Well I try to have everything ready earlier in the day but was slacking today. That cost me some time. Helps that I have 3 BB accounts (me, wife, business). I use hotstock alerts on the FE cards. I've given up on places other than BB as bots just get everything immediately and since only BB has FE cards it lets me know when the drop starts.

You just need to be fast. As within seconds of getting the alerts. If I could streamline my process and have everything ready I could likely be faster. Also, have email address access all setup since all orders will require account verification and their text message codes take forever to arrive.

Kewl, thanks for the info. I am pretty much doing the same, except for the 3 accounts and have been using the ATR Discord and Twitter account for notifications.

Really just wanted to see that I have a fighting chance to get something. I really want a 3080 FE, but so does everyone else. It also probably helped you went after the "less" :LOL: desirable 3090.

Congrats and enjoy!!

I had Octoshop browser extension running and it alerted to the 3070 stock at Bestbuy. Opened up Bestbuy within 10 seconds of the alert. Still failed. So it seems like getting a card similar to the 3070 requires a bot or script at this point. I have also set alerts for about 6 6700xt models since 3/20 and have received zero alerts on those.

snagged a EVGA 3060TI in the BB drop. No tricks except diligence for the last 1.5 hours.
I must have had two dozen cards in the Please Wait status watching them like a hawk, but only landed the one. Another EVGA 3080 I had gotten as far as typing in my confirmation and I thought I landed it for sure, but it wouldn't let me select any of the local stores. I tried each store within 150 miles 2 or 3 times and none of them worked. So I just closed the window - no way to win there...

The way I do it is have all the cards I'm interested in, saved, and then I can refresh the saved page. I actually just turned off discord during the chaos - I don't need that nonsense causing distractions and pop-ups.

Because things are so limited, people are entering into the shuffle or BB site just to see if they can win again.
They are addicted to reselling, mining or beating the odds with no real plan for the additional card(s).

I'm just waiting for the EVGA queue to come around sometime this year or the next.

I suspect that EVGA will not email people like me who got on the waiting list. Not when they can sell to new customers at much higher prices than when I registered.

I suspect that EVGA will not email people like me who got on the waiting list. Not when they can sell to new customers at much higher prices than when I registered.
I just got my notifiers for 2 3070 ultras from the Evga queue this week. already have them in hand and reserved for my brother in law.

Because things are so limited, people are entering into the shuffle or BB site just to see if they can win again.
They are addicted to reselling, mining or beating the odds with no real plan for the additional card(s).

I'm just waiting for the EVGA queue to come around sometime this year or the next.

I just want 1 card and id stop. Only reason to not stop woukd be to resell them here at cost for people.

I just want a card to drive my Odyssey G9.

I bought the G9 when I decided to break my dry spell of not gaming or building PCs... so now it's this amazing monitor connected to an Optiplex 7010 lol.

I skipped my KP queue a month or two ago kinda wish I had gotten it now lol.
The only queue I’ve gotten a card from is for the 3080 XC3 Ultra and not the non Ultra of any card. I’ve been in queue since near the beginning. I hear it’s possible if you contact eVGA they may send you a link though.

The only queue I’ve gotten a card from is for the 3080 XC3 Ultra and not the non Ultra of any card. I’ve been in queue since near the beginning. I hear it’s possible if you contact eVGA they may send you a link though.
Yeah but I'm not really in a hurry as I already have a 3090, I can wait since blocks aren't out anyway.

Interesting. Shuffle shows that i selected things i didnt actually select and some things i selected were not selectes.

Thing is all screwed up.

Got a 3070 in the shuffle
6th time selected for me

Attachments

• A467C2AC-4DA3-494C-9CB1-E774A0403E54.png
    A467C2AC-4DA3-494C-9CB1-E774A0403E54.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Haha. So the Newegg shuffle is essentially an exclusive buyers club. Great.
What makes you a exclusive buyer tho? My account is from like 2001 and have spend 10s of thousands of dollars over the years. I have never been selected. Granted I have brought much over the past few years since I discovered Microcenter and internet sale tax became a thing.

What makes you a exclusive buyer tho? My account is from like 2001 and have spend 10s of thousands of dollars over the years. I have never been selected.
I dunno man! My original account got closed (by newegg) because I was keylogged and someone bought stuff with my newegg account. However, that was long enough ago, that my current account is about as old now, as my original was when they closed it.

I dunno man! My original account got closed (by newegg) because I was keylogged and someone bought stuff with my newegg account. However, that was long enough ago, that my current account is about as old now, as my original was when they closed it.
Newegg acct since 2008 or 2009 never win though, but I can speak for sure till I get todays email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back