Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
some b stock

https://www.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=8

bs.png

Maybe stop entering the shuffle for crap you dont need and let others have a better chance? :rolleyes:
lol Just because i don't need it doesn't mean i friends that don't. Each thing i have won i have sold to friends for cost. I may keep the 3070 since they are so hard to get as a spare but the board i will probably sell for $100 bucks or so locally.

Holy crap, the ZOTAC 3090 I got for $1500 is going for $3000 on eBay?

And the 1070 I got for $400 in 2016 is still selling for $400 used o_O

Question: would it be worthwhile to try showing up at my local Bestbuy about 15 minutes before the store opens on a Tuesday morning? I have read that Tuesday is their restocking day. This is to try and get a 3070 FE. I have heard that Microcenter is also a good choice but Microcenter stores are not in my area.

Question: would it be worthwhile to try showing up at my local Bestbuy about 15 minutes before the store opens on a Tuesday morning? I have read that Tuesday is their restocking day. This is to try and get a 3070 FE. I have heard that Microcenter is also a good choice but Microcenter stores are not in my area.
They do not get cards in store to put on the shelves (outside of very old or minimal cards like 1030s.) You have to order online when they drop, and hope to god they decide to stock your local store for whatever cards you got in queue for. I've been doing this game since November (without scoring a card yet mind you,) just gotta keep trying. Getting in queue might lead to it being available to add to cart finally, but keep in mind that doesn't save it for you. If by some miracle you get in queue in time AND it's a model that your local store is getting stock of (that others haven't already bought,) you need to check out as fast as humanly possible. Finally, even if you place your order, you still might get your order cancelled. There are tens of millions of people trying to buy cards, and only a smattering of cards every drop.

They do not get cards in store to put on the shelves (outside of very old or minimal cards like 1030s.) You have to order online when they drop, and hope to god they decide to stock your local store for whatever cards you got in queue for. I've been doing this game since November (without scoring a card yet mind you,) just gotta keep trying. Getting in queue might lead to it being available to add to cart finally, but keep in mind that doesn't save it for you. If by some miracle you get in queue in time AND it's a model that your local store is getting stock of (that others haven't already bought,) you need to check out as fast as humanly possible. Finally, even if you place your order, you still might get your order cancelled. There are tens of millions of people trying to buy cards, and only a smattering of cards every drop.

I had a card in my cart several times, but when I went to complete the checkout they told me that they don't ship anymore and that there were none available within 250 miles of me so they wouldn't sell me the card.

I had a card in my cart several times, but when I went to complete the checkout they told me that they don't ship anymore and that there were none available within 250 miles of me so they wouldn't sell me the card.
Yup, each store gets a small amount of any given card, and some stores won't even get every model. No way to know in advance what this is. If you're in a populated area, you might be getting say ten 3080 fe cards in, but the queue is 700k people.

Best Buy in the US does not stock these cards in stores afaik.
I've heard that if a card never gets picked up or the buyer cancels their order then they'll place the card on the shelf. So, if you're extremely lucky you may see a card in store to buy but it's unlikely.

Well the website said 6700 xt models were online only. But it did not say that for 3070, which is the reason for asking.
They are treating these oddly. They are not online only in the traditional sense, they are local pickup only, but purchased online only. Perhaps because the 6700 xt is so new, their pages are more up to date.

I've heard that if a card never gets picked up or the buyer cancels their order then they'll place the card on the shelf. So, if you're extremely lucky you may see a card in store to buy but it's unlikely.
While possibly true the odds are unlikely. Even if they change their minds they can turn it around and scalpe it.

Well the website said 6700 xt models were online only. But it did not say that for 3070, which is the reason for asking.

I think the chances of that happening now are slim to none. Maybe when they first came out and things weren’t as crazy someone had second thoughts. I managed to snag a 1650 Super to replace a dying card in a mid range PC and even those must be ordered online and shipped to the store for pickup. It wasn’t the best price but compared to how things are now it wasn’t terrible either.

I would think the odds are higher to find a less popular card on the shelf like that but who knows.

When I picked up my EVGA VX3 Ultra RTX-3070 at my local Best Buy (after ordering from the 2/25 drop), the person getting my order off the shelf said "These things are like gold". I'm sure if someone bailed out on a pick up order someone in-house would likely jump on it, or at least notify one of their friends. It would not sit on the shelf too long.

From what I’ve been told the only 30-series GPUs you’ll find in store at Best Buy are ones that weren’t picked up from a ship to store online order.

Yup, each store gets a small amount of any given card, and some stores won't even get every model. No way to know in advance what this is.
Yet they literally could because if you have a store listed as "your store" they use that info to tell you that a card isn't available in 250 miles, so why can't they apply that same logic to which cards get blue/grey/yellow treatment.

Yet they literally could because if you have a store listed as "your store" they use that info to tell you that a card isn't available in 250 miles, so why can't they apply that same logic to which cards get blue/grey/yellow treatment.
Apologies, I should have said there is no way for the consumers to know in advance. Seems like it would require some additional coding and effort on Best Buy's part, that they almost certainly don't care to implement.

Apologies, I should have said there is no way for the consumers to know in advance. Seems like it would require some additional coding and effort on Best Buy's part, that they almost certainly don't care to implement.
I agree with the "they don't give a f***" part of BB, I mean all the extra work of reordering items to have what's available at the top, and what's not available at the bottom. They're too busy counting all the cash from their sales to do anything :)

That said, curious how much they actually make from video card sales, I can't image the "wholesale cost" on them is really that low to have much of a profit margin. And it's not like these are loss leaders that get people into the stores to buy more shit, I mean Microcenter does this yes but they don't allow these items to be online.

I agree with the "they don't give a f***" part of BB, I mean all the extra work of reordering items to have what's available at the top, and what's not available at the bottom. They're too busy counting all the cash from their sales to do anything :)

That said, curious how much they actually make from video card sales, I can't image the "wholesale cost" on them is really that low to have much of a profit margin. And it's not like these are loss leaders that get people into the stores to buy more shit, I mean Microcenter does this yes but they don't allow these items to be online.
As they are the sole source for founders edition cards, I wonder what kind of agreements they have in place with nvidia, and for that matter the other board partners. I would not be surprised to find out they had multi year agreements put in place before covid, and this is why we're seeing this result now. Otherwise they could be charging 1k for a 3080 fe, knowing full well they will sell out in minutes.

Seems to be a really really REALLY dry day so far. No AMD restock (not usually Tuesday, I know). So far no reports on EVGA (usually Tuesday is the biggest day for drops). No Newegg Shuffle yet, even though they didn't do one yesterday. They don't always do one every weekday, but they did almost every weekday last week, likely due to 6700XT launch. No Best Buy restock that I've been able to see (been checking all morning, and they do the occasional Tuesday drops).

Sad day for GPUs so far.

As they are the sole source for founders edition cards, I wonder what kind of agreements they have in place with nvidia, and for that matter the other board partners. I would not be surprised to find out they had multi year agreements put in place before covid, and this is why we're seeing this result now. Otherwise they could be charging 1k for a 3080 fe, knowing full well they will sell out in minutes.
They were not originally the only place to buy FE cards. I think it was a rush deal after Nvidias entire launch day card offering were all immediately purchased before real customers got a chance with some back door api through the digital river payment system.
Nvidia got embarrassed and turned over all sales to BestBuy. I think it was a bit of a knee jerk to save themselves from more egg on face. Who knows the terms of the deal. I just know they are the only cards still sold at MSRP.

Seems to be a really really REALLY dry day so far. No AMD restock (not usually Tuesday, I know). So far no reports on EVGA (usually Tuesday is the biggest day for drops). No Newegg Shuffle yet, even though they didn't do one yesterday. They don't always do one every weekday, but they did almost every weekday last week, likely due to 6700XT launch. No Best Buy restock that I've been able to see (been checking all morning, and they do the occasional Tuesday drops).

Sad day for GPUs so far.

Newegg had a new page up earlier for the shuffle with a couple 3070s and a white 3080 but took it down for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back