Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Zotac website is complete junk. Any time more than a dozen people visit the site it completely crashes. I've been online for the last 4-5 Zotac drops, and I've gotten close in the checkout process, but to get any of those pages to load involves opening nearly 100 tabs, constantly refreshing and hoping the pages load long enough to check out.
a dozen people. lol

You realize when Zotac drops Discord notifications from stock tracker groups get sent out to literally hundreds of thousands of people looking to gobble up cards, (and that's only in the half dozen North America discord chat groups I'm a part of -- who knows how many countless more there are).

To quickly show just three Graphic Card notification groups:

1615997320632.png

1615997392011.png

1615997436680.png

and yes they all alert on Zotac:

1615997520826.png

In other news, the shuffle is up. Only thing remotely palatable is the MSI 3060 for 479 , if you can call that palatable...

a dozen people. lol

You realize when Zotac drops Discord notifications from stock tracker groups get sent out to literally hundreds of thousands of people looking to gobble up cards, (and that's only in the half dozen North America discord chat groups I'm a part of -- who knows how many countless more there are).

To quickly show just three Graphic Card notification groups:

and yes they all alert on Zotac:

The "dozen people" comment was a joke. Sorry - I guess some jokes don't go well on text.
Thank you for the screenshots. I'm well aware of the notifications that go out, as I am part of the regular Discord groups.

My original comment still stands, and their website is junk and slow in general. Someone on one of the Discord servers mentioned the guy who runs the Zotac site is basically one guy who has no help and he's not able to do much to solve the issue.
I can't confirm this but it was a comment mentioned on one of the servers.

Some sites are just better equipped to handle traffic than others. It is what it is. Best Buy doesn't completely shut down with increased traffic. AMD direct doesn't completely shut down, etc.

Last edited:
Nice, of course I had to play nice and cancel my queues within 2 mins of launch for the 3070s and 3090s once I got my first 3080 😭 But that sweet little 3060 just came in though so I guess I am a bit less salty.
You would have got all of them. EVGA added $70 discount to my card. I have been EVGA for a very long time.

Zotac had a big drop in the night (afternoon in Asia where I am at right now), tried like hell to get a 3080 and 3060 but the latency was too high to win the Zotac Game, really needed my gigabit fiber connection back home in CA lol.
Any idea on what time? Is it generally at the same hours like BBY drops, or does it vary?

It looks like they changed up the notification time on the Newegg shuffle. Usually I get my decline email around 6:30PM E/T, but I noticed it now says "We will email the results from 03/XX/2021 03:00 PM to 09:00 PM PT (06:00 PM to 03/XX/2021 12:00 AM ET)." where as before it would say "We will start emailing the results around 03/XX/2021 03:30 PM PT / 06:30 PM ET. Please note, results may take up to 1 hour to receive." Expecting people to watch their email until midnight just for the chance to purchase an overpriced card is a bummer.

It looks like they changed up the notification time on the Newegg shuffle. Usually I get my decline email around 6:30PM E/T, but I noticed it now says "We will email the results from 03/XX/2021 03:00 PM to 09:00 PM PT (06:00 PM to 03/XX/2021 12:00 AM ET)." where as before it would say "We will start emailing the results around 03/XX/2021 03:30 PM PT / 06:30 PM ET. Please note, results may take up to 1 hour to receive." Expecting people to watch their email until midnight just for the chance to purchase an overpriced card is a bummer.
Yeah, that is a new thing. Seems like it is even later than the last couple of times they've done it. Would be sad for someone to give up, thinking they'll get another rejection as usual, and then wake up to find a now expired buy link in their email. Ooof. That would make me mad. EVGA has been allowing people to buy as long as they contact them quickly, but I have no expectation of Newegg to provide the same care. The Newegg of old, maybe, but today's newegg?

Although, I have had a couple of concerns with them in the past year, and they've done a decent enough job taking care of me. Still .... I'd be frustrated to wake up to one of those emails. It is getting late, and still no rejection email, though it's what I'm entirely expecting, as usual. I wonder why they're making the hours so much later. Maybe they'll get less takers? I dunno, that almost seems like making extra work for themselves.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they changed the hours. I mean, if I thought I had a really good chance of getting a card I would of course make sure to stay up and check my email, but not for just an outside chance to buy a $520 3060. I have had better luck than most(I turned down a $520 3060 2-3 weeks ago), but it's still a long shot to get chosen. The Newegg Shuffle is probably still the best chance at getting a lot of this stuff, though.

Edit - I received my decline email at 10:09PM Eastern Time. Not midnight at least.

Last edited:
Any idea on what time? Is it generally at the same hours like BBY drops, or does it vary?

Zotac drops are at different times, they are kind of all over the place.
They just dropped and it's live now though, about 7:38 PM PST.

They have 3070's and 3080's in stock, assuming you can get the pages to load and check out.

Attachments

• Zotac-3-17-21 (2).png
    Zotac-3-17-21 (2).png
    386.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Zotac-3-17-21.png
    Zotac-3-17-21.png
    367.4 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for letting us know about the Zotac drop! I've been trying since you posted that, still can't get the page to load but am still trying.

Reactions: Vile
like this
Thanks for letting us know about the Zotac drop! I've been trying since you posted that, still can't get the page to load but am still trying.

Yeah, same for me. Just got a refresh off and both 3070 and 3080 are now OOS.

I didnt even bother trying. Zotacs website is like run off a 56k modem. As soon as the bots hit it, its over.... The website completely crashes.

Ive tried a few times off zotac, and I can never make it to checkout.

Reactions: Vile
like this
What is the hash rate, as long the price is within base msrp and 6 months of mining profit (potential) it's very much within reason in this market, GPUs are ATMs at the moment...
True, However -
I’m curious how much this mining profit revision in July will affect ongoing card demand. It’s not clear to me how much this will cut ETH mining profit.
https://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-improvement-proposal-1559-london-hard-fork

But if fortunate enough to find MSRP cards they ROI right now in 2-3 months! So still worthy of snapping up cards over MSRP even with the uncertain future 4-5 months out.

Zotac drops are at different times, they are kind of all over the place.
They just dropped and it's live now though, about 7:38 PM PST.

They have 3070's and 3080's in stock, assuming you can get the pages to load and check out.

Appreciate your info big time, but with such all over the place timing on their drops, how the heck are humans supposed to stand a chance against bots that never need breaks? Dang.

As with yesterday, the notifications window has changed to late evening. My raffle entry email says it can take up to 10pm PST today.

Yeah but I got my rejection at lunch time today for yesterday's shuffle.

I'm sure email delays happen due to technical issues. I got my rejection email yesterday at 7:14pm.

And on reddit people are already posting that they won today's raffle and I've yet to receive anything. I'm guessing the winners are already chosen.

I'm sure email delays happen due to technical issues. I got my rejection email yesterday at 7:14pm.

And on reddit people are already posting that they won today's raffle and I've yet to receive anything. I'm guessing the winners are already chosen.
What did they win?

What did they win?

The most expensive Asus model. And another got the base model that was in the 479 dollar range.

I just got my "did not win" notice. But it's alright, they wish there was more inventory after all.

The most expensive Asus model. And another got the base model that was in the 479 dollar range.

I just got my "did not win" notice. But it's alright, they wish there was more inventory after all.
I did as well. Honestly, I was kind of hopeful for today, since I signed up for most of them. Plus, most had decent prices, too! Bummer.

I did as well. Honestly, I was kind of hopeful for today, since I signed up for most of them. Plus, most had decent prices, too! Bummer.

I have no use for an AMD card, but my brother could put one in his rig. I'm locked into Nvidia due to my G-SYNC monitor. I was surprised that the XFX and a few other cards were under 500 bucks.

I have no use for an AMD card, but my brother could put one in his rig. I'm locked into Nvidia due to my G-SYNC monitor. I was surprised that the XFX and a few other cards were under 500 bucks.

I thought Freesync worked with G-sync monitors as well? Though I can understand only wanting to stick with G-sync.

Reviewed the Newegg Shuffle - MSI 3060 = $509? I know how to avoid the disappointment notification this time. Not entering since I was only trying to help a friend.

Glad I snagged the EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX-3070 at MSRP on a BB drop last month. I'm turning off my phone alarms to check on Newegg/BB.

Reviewed the Newegg Shuffle - MSI 3060 = $509? I know how to avoid the disappointment notification this time. Not entering since I was only trying to help a friend.

Glad I snagged the EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX-3070 at MSRP on a BB drop last month. I'm turning off my phone alarms to check on Newegg/BB.
Anyone that either doesn't have a strong need for a new card (using a Pascal 1060 or lower, or a Polaris 480 or lower) or a strong stomach for dealing with trying to get a reasonably priced card through BB/shuffle should definitely be sitting on their hands right now and ignoring the BB drops and Shuffle. Right now it's a market full of assholes (scalpers and miners) fighting hard to make sure gamers that haven't upgraded to a new card in 4-5 years will need the patience of a saint.

pretty easy to ignore BB drops since there's no rhyme nor reason when they happen. They drop every other Tuesday, except when they don't, and then they drop sometime before 9am PST except when they don't, yeah with no prior announcement you either go all in on a discord channel or just let the bots scoop them up, since their queue system really does nothing except allow their billing server to not get overwhelmed and then have a bunch of people pissed off when they get a letter stating their order had been canceled.

Yep, even though prices back in Feb seemed crazy... nothing tops March, except maybe April.

pretty easy to ignore BB drops since there's no rhyme nor reason when they happen. They drop every other Tuesday, except when they don't, and then they drop sometime before 9am PST except when they don't, yeah with no prior announcement you either go all in on a discord channel or just let the bots scoop them up, since their queue system really does nothing except allow their billing server to not get overwhelmed and then have a bunch of people pissed off when they get a letter stating their order had been canceled.
They are easy for me to ignore as well. None of the local BB stores in the state will be getting anything, and they don't ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back