Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
... if you have a way of getting a new card.
That is a pretty important requirement there and this very difficult to achieve goal kind of is the whole argument behind your mindset here.

but I just did not want to keep waiting for months and months and months to get the performance I wanted
and there in lies the rub, the "performance I want" I am more than willing to wait for.

Don't get me wrong, if I could in fact get an "MSRP" card I would happily do so. But I'm not going to beat myself up over things if I can't, and sure as hell am not going to overpay whether it's from scalper prices or vendor (ahem MSI) pricing.

That is a pretty important requirement there and this very difficult to achieve goal kind of is the whole argument behind your mindset here.

and there in lies the rub, the "performance I want" I am more than willing to wait for.

Don't get me wrong, if I could in fact get an "MSRP" card I would happily do so. But I'm not going to beat myself up over things if I can't, and sure as hell am not going to overpay whether it's from scalper prices or vendor (ahem MSI) pricing.
I dont see an end in sight honestly.
Supposedly TSMS will build a $12 Billion plant in the US, but that will likely take years.

Many if not most people CAN get a gpu that meets their needs. The POINT is that it is no big deal if you pay well above MSRP if you have a gpu that you can turn right around and also sell for well above MSRP to offset the cost. Many people complaining now will find they cant get shit for their last gen cards when we get to the point of MSRP being the norm again. FFS I sold my 2060 Super for $690 and I would have been lucky to get $250 for it if new cards at MSRP were widely available.

Many if not most people CAN get a gpu that meets their needs. The POINT is that it is no big deal if you pay well above MSRP if you have a gpu that you can turn right around and also sell for well above MSRP to offset the cost. Many people complaining now will find they cant get shit for their last gen cards when we get to the point of MSRP being the norm again. FFS I sold my 2060 Super for $690 and I would have been lucky to get $250 for it if new cards at MSRP were widely available.
Where did you buy your card? Even with a $650 dollar offset, most of these 3080-3090 cards are well over $2000 dollars, so you're still paying about 5-600 dollars above MSRP. Unacceptable.

Where did you buy your card? Even with a $650 dollar offset, most of these 3080-3090 cards are well over $2000 dollars, so you're still paying about 5-600 dollars above MSRP. Unacceptable.
No one said you would come out ahead or even break even every time. AGAIN the POINT is instead of uselessly bitching you can instead pay over MSRP for new card and sell your previous card for way more than it would have ever been normally worth. All things considered I would rather lose a couple hundred bucks overall than waste my time complaining for what could be over a year. To be clear I am not talking about the insanely overpriced cards of course.

No one said you would come out ahead or even break even every time. AGAIN the POINT is instead of uselessly bitching you can instead pay over MSRP for new card and sell your previous card for way more than it would have ever been normally worth. All things considered I would rather lose a couple hundred bucks overall than waste my time complaining for what could be over a year. To be clear I am not talking about the insanely overpriced cards of course.
Right now Im making best offers n eBay auctions to see if any of them will take a reasonable price.
A lot of ppl want a better card an have a (decent) card now so it might be just to step into 4k from 1440. I am struggling at 1080p right now with my worthless card lol.
I was planning on waiting till BLT came thru with my 2+ month old pre-order that was supposed to be weeks, or till I won the Newegg lottery.
But who am I kidding, neither have happened yet, and might not ever.
Meanwhile my new pc sits waiting, 5900x and 32gb ram and a 1050 lol
Playing some games at 720 😢 so I can get over 60fps
Im not even pulling enough power to get the PSU fan to spin.🤣

Right now Im making best offers n eBay auctions to see if any of them will take a reasonable price.
A lot of ppl want a better card an have a (decent) card now so it might be just to step into 4k from 1440. I am struggling at 1080p right now with my worthless card lol.
I was planning on waiting till BLT came thru with my 2+ month old pre-order that was supposed to be weeks, or till I won the Newegg lottery.
Which cards are you looking at?

Ebay is where in the most insane prices are though. Every 2060 Super on there had a buy it now price of well over 700 bucks. Get on the notify list for EVGA for something like a plain 3060 as those will likely come in stock more often.

ok 1) Many people may not have a last gen card as you did, as a result the ROI is going to be significantly lower most likely, mine is a gtx970 ebay shows I may get $200 for it. Now assume I go in the low end direction, say 3060ti (not going 3060 ... just can't do that), and some of those cards I could possibly get under MSRP if I count the $200 (except MSI because... fuck MSI that's why). I hate to break it to you... it's not like the $550 3060ti aren't also gone fucking instantly by bots/scalpers, because they know they can flip it for even more than $550.

Yes there's complaining about the over MSRP pricing, that's one bitch and moan, but the reality is you're still not able to easily get over MSRP cards either.

ok 1) Many people may not have a last gen card as you did, as a result the ROI is going to be significantly lower most likely, mine is a gtx970 ebay shows I may get $200 for it. Now assume I go in the low end direction, say 3060ti (not going 3060 ... just can't do that), and some of those cards I could possibly get under MSRP if I count the $200 (except MSI because... fuck MSI that's why). I hate to break it to you... it's not like the $550 3060ti aren't also gone fucking instantly by bots/scalpers, because they know they can flip it for even more than $550.

Yes there's complaining about the over MSRP pricing, that's one bitch and moan, but the reality is you're still not able to easily get over MSRP cards either.
Sigh, I never said it would work for everybody and was a one size fits all solution. I am simply saying that the situation may not be as bad as you think it is if you look at all your options. Plenty of people had not even considered the fact that their current cards can be sold for insane amount of money right now. For my situtaion I ended up paying about 400 bucks more than I would have under normal circumstances for a new card but it nearly balanced out with selling my other gpu at a crazy high price.

Last edited:
Which cards are you looking at?
2080ti 3070 in that range willing to pay up to $800 on a card, $900 tops
not $900 on a 1070 though lol
Ebay is where in the most insane prices are though. Every 2060 Super on there had a buy it now price of well over 700 bucks. Get on the notify list for EVGA for something like a plain 3060 as those will likely come in stock more often.
Yeah I know, where else is good to look?
Facebook market place seems sketchy to me

Im on their notify for every card through the 3080s. I didnt go to the 3090s though because I dont have a 4k monitor or tv
I have made an offer at RGB Swap of $825 for an EVGA 2080 super Hybrid and an offer of $900 for an ASUS 2080ti
Looks like the super isnt much improvement over non super though

Faked us out. There is one today, with a ps5.
And a +50% cost 3070. Also a 6800XT, although I'm not sure what those msrp for.

Say what you will about NewEgg, they seem to be the only one who gives "normies" any sort of chance with getting a card, large 3 hour windows to enter into the shuffle, then a reasonable amount of time to actually order it if you get your confirmation email.

Is it my imagination, or is the Newegg Shuffle getting worse as the weeks go on? More bundles and jacked prices. I'm 0 for 15 on the shuffle anyway.

Glad I lucked out on the BB drop on 2/25/2021 - Nothing like getting an RTX-3070 at MSRP.
Today's going to be my 0 for 20. I'm only trying for that overpriced 3070. I agree these are getting worse and worse.

Is it my imagination, or is the Newegg Shuffle getting worse as the weeks go on? More bundles and jacked prices. I'm 0 for 15 on the shuffle anyway.

Glad I lucked out on the BB drop on 2/25/2021 - Nothing like getting an RTX-3070 at MSRP.
BB drop was crap for me..in cart but wont checkout 2x

I'd say it's a small sample size bias. When shuffles first started they were nothing but bundles, the joke of Oloy ram (which isn't bad by any stretch, it just seems bad :D). And the price jacking is probably more due to the manufacturers side, they really don't have any incentive right now to release a "standard edition" video card, slap a different shroud on the fans, overclock it by 1% and instant markups! Yes tariffs are a thing, but most of the increase in card prices is due to the manufacturer side of things with their suggested price. NewEgg I'm sure adds to it somewhat, but that isn't going to be a huge amount in the overall scheme of things $10-20 probably. I'm guessing the MSRP you got was a FE edition, which aren't marked up at all, even with tariffs

BB drop was crap for me..in cart but wont checkout 2x
Yeah BB drops for me, the few that I actually was lucky enough to get in on because they're in no way announced, have been a matter of "YES it's in my cart! *CHECKOUT*" "whoops, it's no longer available there, not there either, nope not there, awww fuck it we'll stop jerking you around it's not available in a 250 mile radius"

he's joking.
The vast majority of Best Buy drops have been between 9AM and 11:30AM CT. Typically Tuesdays. One time at least Friday, a couple on Thursday IIRC? Typically 2-3 weeks apart. The last one was about two weeks ago - so we are about due again.
I realize he's joking, I'm just saying 2am EST wouldn't bug me one bit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back