Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel free to speak up if anyone in here wins a $329 ASUS RTX 3060. Any bets on the number being greater than zero?
Wasn't going to bother, as I don't feel like it's a particularly good deal, but sure I'll throw my name in the hat just because why the fuck not :)

More MSI rape today. Only 3090 is the $2200 Gaming X Trio.
Was going to say "Is it just me or is MSI more expensive than anyone else? Other than maybe the RoG cards" $150 price increase on a 3060 (for a card that looks exactly like the $329 one), 240-280 increase for the 3070, and $570 increase for the 3090

Wasn't going to bother, as I don't feel like it's a particularly good deal, but sure I'll throw my name in the hat just because why the fuck not :)

Was going to say "Is it just me or is MSI more expensive than anyone else? Other than maybe the RoG cards" $150 price increase on a 3060 (for a card that looks exactly like the $329 one), 240-280 increase for the 3070, and $570 increase for the 3090
MSI the biggest dicks when it came to the tariff increase.

Yep and all the distinctions between gamers/miners/scalpers are in a way totally irrelevant to their bottom line. You know who can really help the situation? Amazon...but they never will because a sale is a sale to Bezos...eBay can also help a lot by atleast putting price limits in place but why would they when their bottom line is directly proportional to the degree of scalping done lol?
But there is a distinction that is being overlooked, loyalty. Whether it's brand loyalty with team red/green, or store loyalty with MC. And that loyalty will bring future customers back and add to their bottom line.

Imagine a situation where they do follow the rules, and don't allow people to keep rebuying day after day, then there could be actual users (gamers if you will) who get the cards, and hey they got a card, now lets go back and get a new case, and memory, and oh shit some RGB stuff! It would be similar to when they have insane CPU/mobo deals, but in store only, they're getting your loyalty. Where as a scalper doesn't give a fuck, they'll buy wherever it's available. And the fact they'd sell out of every card even without scalpers means they should actually make the customer type relevant.

But there is a distinction that is being overlooked, loyalty. Whether it's brand loyalty with team red/green, or store loyalty with MC. And that loyalty will bring future customers back and add to their bottom line.

Imagine a situation where they do follow the rules, and don't allow people to keep rebuying day after day, then there could be actual users (gamers if you will) who get the cards, and hey they got a card, now lets go back and get a new case, and memory, and oh shit some RGB stuff! It would be similar to when they have insane CPU/mobo deals, but in store only, they're getting your loyalty. Where as a scalper doesn't give a fuck, they'll buy wherever it's available. And the fact they'd sell out of every card even without scalpers means they should actually make the customer type relevant.
Agree on the scalper front especially the ones who aren't even into HW and to them these might as well be sneakers lol...bounce alerts anyone? But miners have started a very profitable hw niche for manufacturers and retailers and they are becoming a bigger piece of the market by the day so don't be surprised when they become the primary customers for GPUs...

ASUS - TUF DASH 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel 11th Gen i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

Best Buy link ^
I just pulled the trigger on this...I've had it in my watch list for a while, it just went live. Was able to Add To Cart and checkout, says it'll be delivered tomorrow. We'll see.

I'm assuming it has the same shitty low TDP neutering the speed as the 3070 version, but oh well.
I grabbed this guy a few weeks ago, very happy with it. That looks like an incredible value for $1100.

Wow that is a deal! I checked when logged in and I guess it is a targeted price! I didn't get that offer. :(

Wow that is a deal! I checked when logged in and I guess it is a targeted price! I didn't get that offer. :(
I think you have to sign up with your birthday to get this 10$ on your birth month?
I dont remember doing it, but they know when my Bday evidently

A loyal gamer might be back once or twice a year to buy a few hundred dollars of stuff, or might just go back to ordering from amazon/etc from home.

A loyal scalper will camp in your parking lot every night for 6 months strait, and drop hundreds or thousands every time they can.

Unless corporate forces the issue, the latter is a more valuable customer to the store. 🤮

EVGA really out did themselves. Not only did they solve my issue first thing the following morning, but they overnighted the 3060 Ti. I got it within 24 hours of ordering it.

Kicked out the Zotac RTX 2070 Super and dropped the 3060 Ti into my wife's rig.

View attachment 335895

So what's the point of the SSD mount encasing the end of the video card if you're not using it? Seems like a Heat / Skin trap.

So what's the point of the SSD mount encasing the end of the video card if you're not using it? Seems like a Heat / Skin trap.
The tl;dr is that it was taken out prior, but we keep playing musical chairs with hand-me-downs that I didn't want to go through my boxes again to dig it back out. Easier to find if I just leave it in its place, and it's not hurting anything anyway. Temps on the FTW Ultra hover in the 70s at full tilt. The prior 2070S would often thermal throttle, but that was happening on mine too even with the front panel off (they're both Phanteks Evolv ITX).

The tl;dr is that it was taken out prior, but we keep playing musical chairs with hand-me-downs that I didn't want to go through my boxes again to dig it back out. Easier to find if I just leave it in its place, and it's not hurting anything anyway. Temps on the FTW Ultra hover in the 70s at full tilt. The prior 2070S would often thermal throttle, but that was happening on mine too even with the front panel off (they're both Phanteks Evolv ITX).
Ah, yes. I had a Phanteks Evolv case, Loved the design, hated the lack of airflow. Was going to drill some large holes in the front for airflow but ended up selling it to a friend because I didn't have a workplace to do it.

Ah, yes. I had a Phanteks Evolv case, Loved the design, hated the lack of airflow. Was going to drill some large holes in the front for airflow but ended up selling it to a friend because I didn't have a workplace to do it.
Haha, yep. I ended up going ahead with that. I don't have a full garage or a bunch of tools either, but with a hole saw, rotary tool, and a mesh speaker grill, I dramatically improved airflow. The 200mm intake fan wasn't doing shit.

1614981324435.png

It's far from perfect and isn't quite the grill I was hoping for, but it dropped my GPU's load temperatures quite a bit:
Original Panel = 73C
Original Panel w/ 3D printed stand-offs = 71C
Original Panel Removed = 62C
Panel Modded = 63C

Last edited:
Haha, yep. I ended up going ahead with that. I don't have a full garage or a bunch of tools either, but with a hole saw, rotary tool, and a mesh speaker grill, I dramatically improved airflow. The 200mm intake fan wasn't doing shit.

View attachment 335987

It's far from perfect and isn't quite the grill I was hoping for, but it dropped my GPU's load temperatures quite a bit:
Original Panel = 73C
Panel Removed = 62C
Panel Modded = 63C
Panel w/ 3D printed stand-offs = 71C
Nice job! Gives it a retro look. Mine was the same design and color, but the ATX version. I didn't think about a speaker grill. 10c is a pretty significant improvement, damn! Shame on Phanteks designers. It is a quality case, the materials are solid. I just never understood why they would block off so much of essential airflow.

A loyal gamer might be back once or twice a year to buy a few hundred dollars of stuff, or might just go back to ordering from amazon/etc from home.

A loyal scalper will camp in your parking lot every night for 6 months strait, and drop hundreds or thousands every time they can.

Unless corporate forces the issue, the latter is a more valuable customer to the store. 🤮
shortsighted.

A dozen loyal scalpers will help ensure the thousands of loyal gamers don’t visit your store in the future because your store never has anything in stock. When there is no scalping possibility and the dozen scalpers quit showing up, you may have lost your thousands of potential previously loyal gamer customers to the online competitors.

Also there no such thing a loyal scalper.
Their loyalty is to the profit, not to Microcenter.

shortsighted.

A dozen loyal scalpers will help ensure the thousands of loyal gamers don’t visit your store in the future because your store never has anything in stock. When there is no scalping possibility and the dozen scalpers quit showing up, you may have lost your thousands of potential previously loyal gamer customers to the online competitors.

Also there no such thing a loyal scalper.
Their loyalty is to the profit, not to Microcenter.
Agreed. The way I think of it is: MC is 100% going to sell out of GPUs regardless of who is on the other end of that counter. However, if you sell it to a gamer/enthusiast, there's a decent chance of getting a complimentary sale with each unit sold (e.g. CPU, RAM, etc.) at some point. Scalpers aren't interested in that. Miners, while they still require CPU, memory, etc. for their farms, can run multiple GPUs on a single motherboard/CPU/memory configuration.

If it's really in MC's best interest to maximize profits (duh), then selling to gamers and regular DIY'ers is their best bet to capture and retain those complimentary sales.

Agreed. The way I think of it is: MC is 100% going to sell out of GPUs regardless of who is on the other end of that counter. However, if you sell it to a gamer/enthusiast, there's a decent chance of getting a complimentary sale with each unit sold (e.g. CPU, RAM, etc.) at some point. Scalpers aren't interested in that. Miners, while they still require CPU, memory, etc. for their farms, can run multiple GPUs on a single motherboard/CPU/memory configuration.

If it's really in MC's best interest to maximize profits (duh), then selling to gamers and regular DIY'ers is their best bet to capture and retain those complimentary sales.
It comes down to the cashier not caring one way or the other.
Get in do my 8hrs and GTFO and go home.

View attachment 335987

Original Panel = 73C
Panel Removed = 62C
Panel Modded = 63C
Panel w/ 3D printed stand-offs = 71C
My old case CM Sniper Storm Had a bunch of 8" fans and they didnt do much

Well how do we know what they paid wholesale from the vender? It's quite possible that's not much more than they paid to stock it.
That’s a good point, their margins could be slim to nil on these. Probably just trying to keep any usable gpu on the shelf to get butts in the door.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
$292 for a 1650... Well then..
It is a super after all, but yeah its a bad price. If you look though for a new one its not that low anywhere right now. The real question is will t actually come, or will I have to wait a few weeks for PP to issue refund?

<snip>
I snatched one up and now they are gone damn!
Hopefully this was a legit seller.
That's a foreign-hacked ebay account, glaringly so. He jumps from account to account to account listing the same stuff.

Last edited:
That's a foreign-hacked ebay account, glaringly so. He jumps from account to account to account listing the same stuff.
Ill contact ebay
How can you tell its a hacked account?
Just a guess based on the way acct and listing look?
EDIT
eBay sucks and I contacted Paypal and they are going to resolve it.
Thanks for the heads up

Last edited:
Im interested in the 2060!
I was probably going to try and sell it locally since even stuff like a 1660 is going for well over $500 here. If everything works out with me getting the 2080 TI tomorrow though I will PM you to talk more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back