Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there are 1500 customers taking the time to ask about an open box card.
I wonder how many how many cards it would take to fulfill the demand from customers right now.
millions for gamers, until crypto crashes essentially unlimited demand for miners....

So there are 1500 customers taking the time to ask about an open box card.
I wonder how many how many cards it would take to fulfill the demand from customers right now.
Even if they dropped EVERYTHING else, including car chips, they could not meet demand. Output would have to reach millions of cards per day at this point.

I'm 0 for 10 on the NewEgg shuffle.

Had better luck with the BB drop and managed to score twice on the RTX 3070. On the most recent one I had four yellow "add to cart" buttons lit, but only one of the four went live to checkout.
Ok so they are separate chances then

Trust me, it's not that great given the current situation. I'm less than an hour from 2 different MC stores but both have lines that start in the middle of the night. If you're not in that line, you don't get a card. Also they don't disclose what or when they are restocking... In other words, you have to camp out at MC overnight for the chance to get a card. Not realistic for any adult with normal workhours/commitments to live at MC every night.

Anyways, I agree about the in person only sales, but they should be done by raffle too. Like enter your name in a newegg-shuffle type raffle on MC website, then you must go to the store in-person and provide proof of ID to complete the purchase.
Ive called MC in Ohio and they had cards in stock and no line at 2pm a week ago

It’s up to store manager. And from what I read in the MicroCenter Discord discussion boards the majority of the MicroCenters don’t enforce. The one in Overland Park Kansas does not enforce. The only limit is one card per day.

There is a discord thread discussion for every MicroCenter store here.
https://discord.gg/W438Vz2
Wow, I'd definitely try to take that up with corporate because that's some straight up BS to have a corporate policy and have it so willfully violated due to apathy of the store manager.

Wow, I'd definitely try to take that up with corporate because that's some straight up BS to have a corporate policy and have it so willfully violated due to apathy of the store manager.

It happens all the time. This is not news.

It happens all the time. This is not news.
Oh no doubt, but if you say nothing about it then nothing changes. Not saying that they'll gift you with the ability to purchase a card or anything, but who knows maybe they remind them to uphold policy and it actually gets done.

Oh no doubt, but if you say nothing about it then nothing changes. Not saying that they'll gift you with the ability to purchase a card or anything, but who knows maybe they remind them to uphold policy and it actually gets done.
One thing is for sure, nothing will happen if you don't at least try to make it happen.

You do realize the only thing that usually happens when you submit a complaint in to any retail establishment is that they laugh and mock you, right?

Barring the store doing something illegal corporate does not give a shit, they will send you a generic apology and possibly a coupon. And then laugh at you some more.

You do realize the only thing that usually happens when you submit a complaint in to any retail establishment is that they laugh and mock you, right?

Barring the store doing something illegal corporate does not give a shit, they will send you a generic apology and possibly a coupon. And then laugh at you some more.
As great a MC is. They are still a corporation. Profit is king.

I just saw a video of a woman who works retail explaining how she was looking around a shelving rack to make sure no one was in the way before she moved it, and got fired because she allegedly "looked at a black person the wrong way".

I wouldn't call corporate until trying to get ahold of the local store first. I did that back when the Nintendo Wii was "the thing" and they (Wal*Mart) held one for me, against ALL their rules. Just because I was nice and asked.

So what?

And yeah, maybe a coupon but it's still better than doing nothing.

I just did yesterday, granted the 8 hour reservation link didn't immediately work for me. I had to follow up with an email and got a good link today.

EVGA really out did themselves. Not only did they solve my issue first thing the following morning, but they overnighted the 3060 Ti. I got it within 24 hours of ordering it.

Kicked out the Zotac RTX 2070 Super and dropped the 3060 Ti into my wife's rig.

1614962154399.png

So much cooler and quieter than the Zotac Twin Fan.

Excuse the dust:

1614962191177.png

EVGA really out did themselves. Not only did they solve my issue first thing the following morning, but they overnighted the 3060 Ti. I got it within 24 hours of ordering it.

View attachment 335894

Excuse the dust:

View attachment 335895
how is the performance delta, it's like going from a 2070S to a 2080S so wondering if it's meaningful apart from thermals and acoustics as you said...

I just saw a video of a woman who works retail explaining how she was looking around a shelving rack to make sure no one was in the way before she moved it, and got fired because she allegedly "looked at a black person the wrong way".

I wouldn't call corporate until trying to get ahold of the local store first. I did that back when the Nintendo Wii was "the thing" and they (Wal*Mart) held one for me, against ALL their rules. Just because I was nice and asked.
Being polite is always the way to go.

I will 100% of the time bend or even break a rule for a guest who is cordial. I will absolutely never help anyone who has that "the customer is always right" mentality. Go complain to corporate, I don't care....my business cards are used soley for that purpose. "Here's my info and the corporate number, you can reach them at any time."

how is the performance delta, it's like going from a 2070S to a 2080S so wondering if it's meaningful apart from thermals and acoustics as you said...
Haven't really put it through its paces yet. So far she only tested Overwatch, but that was already running at a locked 60 fps anyway.
And I'm curious what the wife does that she needs that much horsepower? :D
Her display configuration is a bit different than mine. She runs 2x stacked 4K IPS displays and games on the bottom one whereas I run 2x 1440P Acer Predators. It was already doing a locked 60fps at 4K on the 2070S in Overwatch, so we didn't see any difference going to the 3060 Ti. Other than that, she also plays Phasmophobia regularly, which is not in the least a "demanding" title either. Overall, this is overkill for her, but we're all over the map in terms of games (Mechwarrior 5 Mercs, Battlefront 2, Destiny 2) so I want her rig to be ready when we pick up a more demanding title as a part of our gaming routine.

(edit) Just ran BF2 at max settings 4K, locked 60fps the entire time. What a beastie of a card.

Last edited:
Feel free to speak up if anyone in here wins a $329 ASUS RTX 3060. Any bets on the number being greater than zero?

Feel free to speak up if anyone in here wins a $329 ASUS RTX 3060. Any bets on the number being greater than zero?
I bet the number that win ANYTHING from the shuffle will be zero. I'm in for the cheap 3060, the 3070s, and 5950x.

I bet the number that win ANYTHING from the shuffle will be zero. I'm in for the cheap 3060, the 3070s, and 5950x.
I've gotten chosen for the Shuffle 3 times(and have not entered every one), it's just not always stuff that's worth getting. For example - I declined buying the 3060 that would have been nearly $600 after tax and shipping. I shouldn't have selected it to begin with but once I saw the number with tax and shipping, it was sticker shock enough that I didn't get it.

I'm in for the cheap 3060, and the rest of the non 3060 cards and the 5950x and will post back if I get picked as a data point.

I've gotten two "wins" on shuffle, including a PS5 that went to Kyle. I wouldn't be shocked if no one posting on this board got one of the $329 3060s because the demand for them is probably pretty high, and there's only a small amount of people here compared to how many thousands are probably participating in the shuffle drawings.

The FE is only sold at Best Buy and it's still being sold at the $1,499 MSRP.
Um yes I know that. The point was the premium over the FE cards is for nothing when it comes to the 3090. At least on the 3080 models you get better cooling with the higher priced cards.

I got my first 3090 (Zotac Trinity) from an H member here and have been totally happy with it. But I got a notification from EVGA the other day that my que for a 3090 finally came up - I totally forgot I signed up for it, it was so long ago. But needless to say, if you are patient, drop your name into the que at EVGA and wait. At least you won't get scalper prices.

Seriously, if I ever spend upward of 2k on a card it had better say "KINGPIN" on the side. MSI can go pound sand for that sort of money.
I actually let this card go in January, canceled an order for 1850 with tax because it seemed insane at the time and even fleabay prices barely made it worth the effort...lil did I know how things will turn out lol. We are headed for absolute insanity in terms of 3080/90 pricing unless stock magically appears in a couple of weeks. GLTA in today's shuffle.

I actually let this card go in January, canceled an order for 1850 with tax because it seemed insane at the time and even fleabay prices barely made it worth the effort...lil did I know how things will turn out lol.
I had an EVGA 3070 in my cart a couple months ago and passed on it because I thought 650 was too much to pay. :banghead:

Speaking of Fleabay - while paying close to 2k for a card seems totally crazy, I know. After I put in my order at EVGA, I looked on eBay and saw the same cards were going for 7k ... which = miners or something I know, so the 2K isn't that bad but YMMV /shrug

I had an EVGA 3070 in my cart a couple months ago and passed on it because I thought 650 was too much to pay. :banghead:
Yep I also canceled a $500 3070 dual back in Nov, and a $600 Zotac 3070 along with canceling two of my within 2 min of launch 3070 queues....such is life lol. Only hope they went to legit end users but most likely went to a mining farm or insta flip on the bay...

Speaking of Fleabay - while paying close to 2k for a card seems totally crazy, I know. After I put in my order at EVGA, I looked on eBay and saw the same cards were going for 7k ... which = miners or something I know, so the 2K isn't that bad but YMMV /shrug

What model was going for 7k??? At that price I would sell my kingpin and just wait out the storm

Is the

View attachment 335894

Excuse the dust:

View attachment 335895
2070 for sale by any chance?
Interested if it is

As great a MC is. They are still a corporation. Profit is king.
Yep and all the distinctions between gamers/miners/scalpers are in a way totally irrelevant to their bottom line. You know who can really help the situation? Amazon...but they never will because a sale is a sale to Bezos...eBay can also help a lot by atleast putting price limits in place but why would they when their bottom line is directly proportional to the degree of scalping done lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back