Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been selected on 4 different occasions. 1 msi 3070, 1 series x, 1 5600x, and 1 3060. I sold all at cost to friends. I selected every card in the shuffle each time and was given the opportunity to purchase only 1 of them it randomly selects for you.

Ok but if I am selected will I have the choice to get any of the cards I selected or do they just give you one that you selected.
if you buy 3 raffle tickets, one for a toaster, one for a stereo, and one for a car, and you win for the toaster, you don't get to go home in a new car. You get what you get.

Reactions: yowen
like this
if you buy 3 raffle tickets, one for a toaster, one for a stereo, and one for a car, and you win for the toaster, you don't get to go home in a new car. You get what you get.
It makes sense now but originally I didn't know if the raffle worked by me being the winner and being able to choose any of the items I selected or if the raffle was literally only for one of my selected items.

Every time I won (3x so far) it was for one of the items or combos I selected.

I have been selected on 4 different occasions. 1 msi 3070, 1 series x, 1 5600x, and 1 3060. I sold all at cost to friends. I selected every card in the shuffle each time and was given the opportunity to purchase only 1 of them it randomly selects for you.

Damn, I must have supremely bad luck. I've entered all the shuffles featuring GPUs and turned up nothing so far.

Just out of curiosity, are you guys entering the shuffle the moment it goes up (as in maybe there is some first come/first served component of it)?

Damn, I must have supremely bad luck. I've entered all the shuffles featuring GPUs and turned up nothing so far.

Just out of curiosity, are you guys entering the shuffle the moment it goes up (as in maybe there is some first come/first served component of it)?

I doubt there's any of that.

I think it's just dumb luck. Some people win like 50% and others can be 0 for 2000 as a large pool of people. I have one twice the first few(5800x that I ended up RMAing and a overpriced MSI 6800 that I didn't even get a change to pay for as it was sold out). Haven't won anything in at least the last 15 or so.
wait so you can still get items sold out even if they are reserved for you for a certain window? isn't that how it works? lol.

wait so you can still get items sold out even if they are reserved for you for a certain window? isn't that how it works? lol.
Yea, pretty dumb.

And all it takes is an email address, so the people that run bots all day probably have a bot to make a hundreds of addresses and parse them.

Yea, pretty dumb.

And all it takes is an email address, so the people that run bots all day probably have a bot to make a hundreds of addresses and parse them.
I think they disqualify you for multiple entries, only time I won was when I entered once. I tried to see if using 2 or 3 different emails increased my chances one time but got nothing in that shuffle...take it fwiw

When it happened to me support told me they will note the issue to make the system better lol.

Well sorry you weren’t selected again lol. I think I am 1 for 20 so far. I would rather do what Best Buy does and have a shot lol, this starts to feel hopeless lol.

Is anyone getting lucky with EVGA being on their "auto notify" list?

Is anyone getting lucky with EVGA being on their "auto notify" list?
I just did yesterday, granted the 8 hour reservation link didn't immediately work for me. I had to follow up with an email and got a good link today.

(edit) Here are my notification settings. You can see the dates I enrolled and to date only the 3060 Ti one alerted me:

1614820892511.png

Last edited:
I don't think anyone really knows for sure, do they even post rules on how it works? But more likely it's a raffle type situation where you get a chance for each raffle that you do, and doing more raffles doesn't lower your chance at another raffle.
Thats also what I was wondering. Is each item a separate raffle or just your name in a hat and you choose which ones you want after you are picked?
I never get picked after a few months of trying. I started recently picking one item thinking Checking everything disqualified me. Still nothing. Maybe its a fixed raffle lol?!
Im still going to keep trying. Cant lose forever right?

Yeahhh. I'll participate in the Newegg shuffles, and watch for BB drops, but I'm gonna throw in the towel for any other online retailers. There is just no way to win.
Yeah Im slow at the system of add to cart and have payment setup. Plus I hear Apple pay is killing it with speedy checkout. I am an android guy.
Ill keep losing at the shuffle instead

Yeah Im slow at the system of add to cart and have payment setup. Plus I hear Apple pay is killing it with speedy checkout. I am an android guy.
Ill keep losing at the shuffle instead
I'm 0 for 10 on the NewEgg shuffle.

Had better luck with the BB drop and managed to score twice on the RTX 3070. On the most recent one I had four yellow "add to cart" buttons lit, but only one of the four went live to checkout.

I'm 0 for 10 on the NewEgg shuffle.

Had better luck with the BB drop and managed to score twice on the RTX 3070. On the most recent one I had four yellow "add to cart" buttons lit, but only one of the four went live to checkout.
You've had a lot more success than myself. Are you using a discord to tip you off to when the BB drops start?

You've had a lot more success than myself. Are you using a discord to tip you off to when the BB drops start?
I've actually just gone by the tips in this thread and the good old <F5> key. Lucky I guess.

Not sure if it helps that I am a BB Elite Rewards member. I know they are trying to battle the bots from buying, especially for the RTX 3XXX products.

I've had success in a variety of ways (some require more luck than others) IDK if putting all your eggs into a single basket will really work (outside of joining the bots). My first RTX 3070 was from a [H] member who was selling it at basically cost ($560 shipped), the RX 6800 I got was from a Distill alert on BestBuy (got that on my first try), and the RTX 3060 Ti I just bought was from the EVGA reservation email. The first two were being in the right place at the right time, and the last one was just waiting my turn in line.

I've actually just gone by the tips in this thread and the good old <F5> key. Lucky I guess.

Not sure if it helps that I am a BB Elite Rewards member. I know they are trying to battle the bots from buying, especially for the RTX 3XXX products.

It doesn't. I'm a BB Elite member and haven't gotten shit off their website.

We need more MC locations to get a shot at in person only card sales.
All stores could just adopt this, but they'll blame covid or something for why they cant/wont

Trust me, it's not that great given the current situation. I'm less than an hour from 2 different MC stores but both have lines that start in the middle of the night. If you're not in that line, you don't get a card. Also they don't disclose what or when they are restocking... In other words, you have to camp out at MC overnight for the chance to get a card. Not realistic for any adult with normal workhours/commitments to live at MC every night.

Anyways, I agree about the in person only sales, but they should be done by raffle too. Like enter your name in a newegg-shuffle type raffle on MC website, then you must go to the store in-person and provide proof of ID to complete the purchase.

Trust me, it's not that great given the current situation. I'm less than an hour from 2 different MC stores but both have lines that start in the middle of the night. If you're not in that line, you don't get a card. Also they don't disclose what or when they are restocking... In other words, you have to camp out at MC overnight for the chance to get a card. Not realistic for any adult with normal workhours/commitments to live at MC every night.

Anyways, I agree about the in person only sales, but they should be done by raffle too. Like enter your name in a newegg-shuffle type raffle on MC website, then you must go to the store in-person and provide proof of ID to complete the purchase.
I read in the Microcenter Discord chat that it's the same guys lining up every night too. At least in Overland Park Ks. They are scalping without a doubt. I tried to camp on president's day because the weather was 5* and I had the day off work, and figured it was my best shot assuming the cold would keep people away. I got there and was like 16 or 18 in line. They had 7 cards in total (a couple 3070 and like 5 AMD cards), and the guy standing next to me confirmed it was the same people in line every day.

Last edited:
I read in the Microcenter Discord chat that it's the same guys lining up every night too. At least in Overland Park Ks. They are scalping without a doubt. I tried to camp on president's day because the weather was 5* and I had the day off work, and figured it was my best shot assuming the cold would keep people away. I got there and was like 16 or 18 in line. They had 7 cards in total (a couple 3070 and like 5 AMD cards), and the guy standing next to me confirmed it was the same people in line every day.
Yup, same situation in MD/VA/DC areas. One time I tried, 20 people already in line for what was ultimately 10 cards. I was told the same people (scalpers) show up on all of the restocking days.

I thought they had purchase limits...e.g. you had to show your DL to get a card and they limited it to one a month.
They do. So they may be in line, but if MC is doing their job - they turn them away. I had it happen to me once. Waited in line only to be booted because I had bought earlier in the month. They've since clarified their policy. Before I thought it was one TYPE of card per month but it is now actually ANY card per month limit 1. The St Louis Park one enforces it. So much so that I don't bother getting any cards that I don't want because I know I'll lose my opportunity. I am lucky I am 5 min away so they use a scan system I can go register and go back home if I want.

Still haven't got a card since early January because now my work is crazy busy so I can rarely go. These days they post a sign out that says "NO GPUS TODAY" if you come early - so at least there's that.

They do. So they may be in line, but if MC is doing their job - they turn them away. I had it happen to me once. Waited in line only to be booted because I had bought earlier in the month. They've since clarified their policy. Before I thought it was one TYPE of card per month but it is now actually ANY card per month limit 1. The St Louis Park one enforces it. So much so that I don't bother getting any cards that I don't want because I know I'll lose my opportunity. I am lucky I am 5 min away so they use a scan system I can go register and go back home if I want.

Still haven't got a card since early January because now my work is crazy busy so I can rarely go. These days they post a sign out that says "NO GPUS TODAY" if you come early - so at least there's that.
It’s up to store manager. And from what I read in the MicroCenter Discord discussion boards the majority of the MicroCenters don’t enforce. The one in Overland Park Kansas does not enforce. The only limit is one card per day.

There is a discord thread discussion for every MicroCenter store here.
https://discord.gg/W438Vz2

Agreed.. I remember having to RMA a card and they ended up going above and beyond upgrading me to the newest card that year. I have not bought an EVGA in several years but I would always go back when upgrade time rolls around.. Good company and great customer service indeed.

It’s up to store manager. And from what I read in the MicroCenter Discord discussion boards the majority of the MicroCenters don’t enforce. The one in Overland Park Kansas does not enforce. The only limit is one card per day.

There is a discord thread discussion for every MicroCenter store here.
https://discord.gg/W438Vz2

Same with MD, at least as of January, they either didn’t enforce or weren’t strict about it. That was before we reached peak scalping these past two months... maybe it’s being enforced now?

Same with MD, at least as of January, they either didn’t enforce or weren’t strict about it. That was before we reached peak scalping these past two months... maybe it’s being enforced now?
I haven't been to the Parkville MC since early January but I don't see them enforcing it now.

GIGABYTE - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER 8GB

open box for $519 from best buy.

Not available for shipping - only local pickup and not avail in my area, but maybe it'll work for someone here:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/gigaby...ess-4-0-graphics-card/6439384.p?skuId=6439384

1614883823468.png

EDIT:

Still was there 15 minutes later, and decided to see if I could get Best Buy to ship it to me.
Found out it's a glitch...
~1500 customers are actively contacting Best Buy trying to get this single card.

------

ChatHello.
    • Chat with a Live Customer Care Agent
  1. 12:59 p.m.
    Esteban L:
    Connected with a live agent.
  2. Esteban L:
    Thank you for choosing Best Buy, my name is Esteban L. How may I assist you today?
  3. 12:59 p.m.
    You:
    Good afternoon
  4. You:
    Was curious if I could get the open box Gigabyte Nvidia RTX 3070 Aorus master shipped to a local store or to my home address?
  5. 1:00 p.m.
    Esteban L:
    Hello there!
  6. 1:00 p.m.
    You:
    SKU 6439384
  7. You:
    says there is an open box
  8. 1:01 p.m.
    Esteban L:
    I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered with our services. Indeed, this glitch is still showing in the system and we are working so that it does not appear again because it has effectively generated some annoyances. Unfortunately, right now it's not longer in stock however, Best Buy is currently doing it's maximum effort to get more stock so, I highly advice you to activate the text alerts, which will notify you as soon as it's again in stock.
  9. 1:01 p.m.
    You:
    okay
  10. You:
    I didn't know it was a glitch
  11. You:
    thank you
  12. 1:01 p.m.
    Esteban L:
    We have almost 1450 customers asking for the same card.
  13. 1:01 p.m.
    You:
    haha
  14. 1:01 p.m.
    Esteban L:
    Please, let me know if you need anything else i can help you with.
  15. Esteban L:
    That was sold in the first 5 minutes and after that it was a chaos.
  16. 1:02 p.m.
    You:
    That's it thanks

Last edited:

GIGABYTE - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER 8GB​

open box for $519 from best buy.

Not available for shipping - only local pickup and not avail in my area, but maybe it'll work for someone here:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/gigaby...ess-4-0-graphics-card/6439384.p?skuId=6439384

I think this one is bugged. I've seen it on BBY for the last few days. People in the Discord groups were also talking about how no one has been able to checkout with it. (i.e. not avail in any location people have tried using)

So there are 1500 customers taking the time to ask about an open box card.
I wonder how many how many cards it would take to fulfill the demand from customers right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back