Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, sorry to hear it. This shit sucks.

I guess good luck to everyone in our upcoming NewEgg shuffle daily disappointment drawing. :banghead:
Watch - Now that I snagged a 3070 today I'll hit the shuffle - but I wouldn't count on it. That would drain my bank account.

Ugh, sorry to hear it. This shit sucks.

I guess good luck to everyone in our upcoming NewEgg shuffle daily disappointment drawing. :banghead:

Fingers crossed, NGL one of the 3060s at MSRP would be great for my tiny itx build. Definitely not into the idea of paying $400+ for one though. :\

Snagged a 3070 ASUS Strix in the Best Buy scramble for darn near $800 after tax.

Shame to put such a pretty card to work in the mines... Really only wanted 3060TI FE or 3080FE, but had any card that was acceptable price/performance in my cart and kept refreshing. I must have had a dozen cards in my cart over the course of a half hour, but only made it out with the one - because the others would give me this error after making it through the please wait and clicking the add to cart.

I clicked add to cart probably 1000 times on one, over the course of 15 minutes -- I don't think it goes anywhere when you get this message:

"This item is not in your cart yet.

Due to high demand, we're having everyone go through one more step before it can be added.

Please try again."

Snagged a 3070 ASUS Strix in the Best Buy scramble for darn near $800 after tax.

Shame to put such a pretty card to work in the mines...

anigif_enhanced-27535-1455116439-2.gif

Last edited:
Yeah what a great deal just wait two years and save 20% for the same level of performance. :rolleyes:
It's not good value as an upgrade for a lot of people, but it's a reasonable value as a card for a build that isn't replacing anything over the other cards you can get right now for a similar price (when they're actually in stock) like the GTX 16 series.

How long until somebody starts snatching these Asus TUF Dash 15" RXT 30x0 laptops up, pulling the guts out, and slapping watercooling all over it? (they suck because their clocked so low/TDP requirements) I'm tempted to try it myself, but you can get a 20x0 Max-Q laptop for less and it's already faster out of the box, even more so if you snag a Ryzen.

Just surprised with the way GPU supply & crypto is that the "Add To Cart" button is even lit up.

I don't have that laptop but I have one similar and it does, indeed, mine very well. Low power requirements and cooling is not really a problem. It's about $5 profit per day. I thought I would mine/hash with it but what I've ended up doing is using it for gaming versus my other PCs that are mining/hashing.

Exotic cooling is really not necessary at all for any type of mining/hashing. What is necessary is tweaking things with tools like MSI Afterburner and monitoring temps very closely so you can dial in a good balance of profit/performance/temps.

Last edited:
Well just got back from a mini vacation, and damn I didn't have a chance on that BB drop, mediocre cell signal, absolutely horrible data cap (but I only pay $12/month for it so it's cool), checked BB, made breakfast for my kiddo, which took all of about 15 minutes, by then the drop was over. Not a big deal, still pining for a 3060ti, but if it doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen, not like I need it right now.

On CL (Los Angeles area) I am seeing secondhand pricing:

RTX 2080Ti: $1000-$1200
RTX 3070: ~$1100-1250
RTX 3080: ~$2000
RTX 3090: ~$2500+

Are these cards really going for this much now?! And if so is it largely because of Nvidia's mining gimp for future GPUs? I can't imagine supply issues inflated prices another 30% from what I remember them a month ago.

Are these cards really going for this much now?! And if so is it largely because of Nvidia's mining gimp for future GPUs? I can't imagine supply issues inflated prices another 30% from what I remember them a month ago.
Yep, except the 3090s are going for 3k, there is no supply of GA102 silicon rt now...

I sold my 2080Ti on CL recently for $650. It was claimed in under two hours of posting. Looking back I could have put more on it.

I ordered a Dell 2 weeks ago it feels like with a 3700X, 16GB 2933 HyperX, 512GB NVME + 1TB, and a 3070 for $1140 shipped.

I can't get the damn thing. Dell gave it to FedEx 9 days ago and the last scan was a week ago today. Granted, it IS El Paso but the snow has been gone almost a week now. It was 70 degrees in El Paso last Sunday..... wtf...

so, y'know good luck, also you'll have to add an SSD and replace the RAM to even begin to use it for something other than mining

I ordered a Dell 2 weeks ago it feels like with a 3700X, 16GB 2933 HyperX, 512GB NVME + 1TB, and a 3070 for $1140 shipped.

I can't get the damn thing. Dell gave it to FedEx 9 days ago and the last scan was a week ago today. Granted, it IS El Paso but the snow has been gone almost a week now. It was 70 degrees in El Paso last Sunday..... wtf...

so, y'know good luck, also you'll have to add an SSD and replace the RAM to even begin to use it for something other than mining
Paid for overnight delivery on a package and it's on Day 3 now with Fedex...another USPS package I sent is a week late again due to FedEx as all cross country priority mail goes through their Memphis center that was shut for a week...praying both reach soon and definitely feel your pain.

Paid for overnight delivery on a package and it's on Day 3 now with Fedex...another USPS package I sent is a week late again due to FedEx as all cross country priority mail goes through their Memphis center that was shut for a week...praying both reach soon and definitely feel your pain.
I will keep your packages in my thoughts as well 😊

Considering some RTX 3080s are selling for $1800+, I could care less about single vs dual channel ram. lol
Yeah but you shouldn't think that way, it's the "well just for $10 more..." type of rabbit hole you can fall in. Now if you were willing to pay close to $1800 for a 3080 then hey more power to you. Me, not so much, I mean I can score 4 reservation for COVID vaccines for various family members, but can't manage to win one click fest lottery :D :D :D

Yeah but you shouldn't think that way, it's the "well just for $10 more..." type of rabbit hole you can fall in. Now if you were willing to pay close to $1800 for a 3080 then hey more power to you. Me, not so much, I mean I can score 4 reservation for COVID vaccines for various family members, but can't manage to win one click fest lottery :D :D :D
Just need to back out the other components. :D

And I should say I'm not thrilled about it, but the market is what the market is. For those waiting till next year for normalization of prices, that's great. I think I can close the overprice with mining for the time-being.

I didn't intend to flip an RTX 3070 when I finally managed to get my hands on one back on February 9th. As it turned out the one I picked up, the MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX 3070, wasn't my first choice - but it is the one that went yellow and ended up in my cart. So, I figured I would roll the dice. I had no problem selling the MSI 3070 on Ebay for $225 more than I paid on "Buy it Now". I'm sure I could have asked for more and I've seen some astronomical prices. Of course Ebay fees and PayPal eat into that and shipping is almost always more expensive than what you charge it seems. And I did get BB rewards points to apply to my next 3070 purchase. All said and done it gave me about $150 back to apply to my new EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra.

Why don't I feel guilty about my one time flip? One is the buyer admitted it was going into a mining farm and two was that I told him the MSI wasn't my first choice, but it was what I ended up with.

Good luck to all on the next BB drop. I did not have any luck with the Newegg shuffle other than a lot of sorry replies at the end of the day.

I didn't intend to flip an RTX 3070 when I finally managed to get my hands on one back on February 9th. As it turned out the one I picked up, the MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX 3070, wasn't my first choice - but it is the one that went yellow and ended up in my cart. So, I figured I would roll the dice. I had no problem selling the MSI 3070 on Ebay for $225 more than I paid on "Buy it Now". I'm sure I could have asked for more and I've seen some astronomical prices. Of course Ebay fees and PayPal eat into that and shipping is almost always more expensive than what you charge it seems. And I did get BB rewards points to apply to my next 3070 purchase. All said and done it gave me about $150 back to apply to my new EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra.

Why don't I feel guilty about my one time flip? One is the buyer admitted it was going into a mining farm and two was that I told him the MSI wasn't my first choice, but it was what I ended up with.

Good luck to all on the next BB drop. I did not have any luck with the Newegg shuffle other than a lot of sorry replies at the end of the day.
That's a lot of words to rationalize scalping. Why even feel the need to post it?

That's a lot of words to rationalize scalping. Why even feel the need to post it?
If I was into scalping I'd be doing it every week making bank. Like I said, my guilt was greatly diminished knowing the MSI went to a mining farm.

And in the end, I got the 3070 I wanted to hang on to.

I just got a White 3080 Strix. Of course it doesn't fit, so I have to end up trading it for a 3070 White Strix + stuff.

Here's an off comment, since we were told that a huge amount of this pricing increase was due to tariff exemptions expiring, someone answer me this, why were there 3060s being sold for MSRP and not MSRP + Tariff increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back