Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone wants to help me get a 3080 FE or any other < $800 card, I'll love you forever. And by love, I mean send you your choice of any of my my bodily fluids or maybe some wine from here in Italy. 😜

Last edited:
If anyone wants to help me get a 3080 FE or any other < $800 card, I'll love you forever. And by love, I mean send you your choice of any of my my bodily fluids or maybe some wine from here in Italy. 😜
Where ya at in Italy?

man what is it with people and their desire to have something right now. I mean why wouldn't they buy those 2060s when the 2060s came out, now you pay more than they cost before when they were widely available. I swear it's like people panic buying toilet paper.

man what is it with people and their desire to have something right now. I mean why wouldn't they buy those 2060s when the 2060s came out, now you pay more than they cost before when they were widely available. I swear it's like people panic buying toilet paper.
What an illogical thing to say. Maybe you have been living under a rock but there was this thing called a pandemic which forced a lot of people to have to stay home more instead of going out as much if they can go out at all. PC gaming and gaming in general went up astronomically. And then on top of that the mining craze kicks in during this time. And many people had skipped the Turing cards due to their poor value at the time. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that demand is going to be extremely high with supply being very low so of course you're going to have tons of topics about people trying to get video cards or even consoles to some extent. And this has been an issue for several months now with no clear end in sight.

If anyone got a RTX 2060/Super from the EVGA b-stock drop and wants to trade for a Vega 64, LMK.

Also, good luck for everyone on the 25th for the 3060 launch.

If anyone got a RTX 2060/Super from the EVGA b-stock drop and wants to trade for a Vega 64, LMK.

Also, good luck for everyone on the 25th for the 3060 launch.

I got one of each. I'll be honest I'm here for the hashpower so I'd be interested in the 2060 6G for the Vega 64, but not the 8G Super because actually more powerful

Were you looking for straight trade or? Also, nice join date ;)

I never got linked up on Heatwave but I've got a very active, very tech heavy eBay account you could message me on to verify.

Wonder if both the NE Shuffle and BB drop are a "go" for tomorrow. Hoping, since I sold the RTX 3070 I didn't want to keep (MSI Ventus 3X). Hoping to get one on my short list in the weeks ahead.

I'll be watching here for them. Still hoping to land the 3080 I really want (vs the 3070 I got last month), and will probably keep trying until EK (or someone else) makes a 3070 XC3 ultra waterblock. If I can get one I'll probably sell the 3070 I've been using for the last month on.

Of course my family is going to the snow for a couple days so now I have to do it with spotty cell signal, oh well I'm going to bank on not getting one anyways

Of course my family is going to the snow for a couple days so now I have to do it with spotty cell signal, oh well I'm going to bank on not getting one anyways
I blocked out the entire day for less important things such as family and work events.

Anyone know why they "enter the shuffle" box is greyed out? Do you need to wait for the countdown timer to go before entering?

And holy chit man 3 cards at MSRP?

Anyone know why they "enter the shuffle" box is greyed out? Do you need to wait for the countdown timer to go before entering?

And holy chit man 3 cards at MSRP?
Yep. You can enter once it begins at 12pm est. FYI, you can't edit your picks so make sure you have the correct ones before clicking through.

Pricing all over the map. At least some of the items are holding the line.

Yeah, good to see you can get one of several at the base price. Considering the performance level, though, that's where they should be.

Yeah, good to see you can get one of several at the base price. Considering the performance level, though, that's where they should be.

They definitely aren't $500 cards. I think one review basically said it was equivalent of the outgoing $399 2060 Super (I should look around more for reviews).

They definitely aren't $500 cards. I think one review basically said it was equivalent of the outgoing $399 2060 Super.

Yes, that's about its performance level, uses a little bit less power, has a bit more memory for applications that may be able to make use of it. The main reason that even $329 is reasonable for them is because of the market conditions we currently have where you essentially can't get a 3060ti for less than $450.

Yep. You can enter once it begins at 12pm est. FYI, you can't edit your picks so make sure you have the correct ones before clicking through.
Gotcha thought that was when the shuffle was picked.

Also any reviews for these yet? Where does the 3060 stand? Somewhere between 2070 super and 2080?

Well that's a hard pass for me then, because if I wanted 2060 super levels of performance I would have gotten a 2060 super when it was out.
I feel similarly, but 2060 super was always badly overpriced at $400. The current market conditions make $329 a stronger value.

I feel similarly, but 2060 super was always badly overpriced at $400. The current market conditions make $329 a stronger value.
I don't care about "current market conditions" I care about what it was originally priced at. And being as this is a generation more I don't feel it's a good value at all considering the 3070 is at 2080ti levels and 3060ti is at 2080 super levels for the 3060 to be at 2060 super levels is a slap in the face... pooh they reduced hash rates for miners... whoopie

I don't care about "current market conditions" I care about what it was originally priced at. And being as this is a generation more I don't feel it's a good value at all considering the 3070 is at 2080ti levels and 3060ti is at 2080 super levels for the 3060 to be at 2060 super levels is a slap in the face... pooh they reduced hash rates for miners... whoopie
I've been a diehard Intel/Nvidia guy, but the how NV has been screwing gamers for miners has me thinking about batting for the other team. (AMD hey hey u ugly no ray tracing pig, I'm looking at u)

You don't need to care about market conditions, but someone is going to be buying these cards, and what a 2060S was priced at 12 months ago doesn't have any impact on what the competitive marketplace is currently.

You don't need to care about market conditions, but someone is going to be buying these cards, and what a 2060S was priced at 12 months ago doesn't have any impact on what the competitive marketplace is currently.
Yeah I know people are going to snatch them up, but people are running mad to get 1660 cards when they pop up too. For me the whole 30 series was about a major performance increase for a huge price cut 2080ti performance for half the price, 2080 super performance for half the price, that was the allure of this whole series. The 3060 majorly strikes out there. 2060 super performance for 83% the price? No thank you

Yeah I know people are going to snatch them up, but people are running mad to get 1660 cards when they pop up too. For me the whole 30 series was about a major performance increase for a huge price cut 2080ti performance for half the price, 2080 super performance for half the price, that was the allure of this whole series. The 3060 majorly strikes out there. 2060 super performance for 83% the price? No thank you

I agree. However, unfortunately we can't ignore the market conditions. In normal times, this would be a $329 card with sales into the 270 range and a used 2060 super would be $200.

Although realistically for the performance, this should be the 1660 ti replacement at $279 MSRP.

this was the line outside microcenter this morning:

Screenshot 2021-02-25 11.33.48 AM.png

entrance is on the left of the photo, the people you see on the right are the END OF THE LINE, which wrapped around the entire building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back