Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nvidia doesn't need to sell direct to consumer when they can just use the cards themselves to mine

Does anyone know if you purchase a GPU from eBay if the manufacturer will honor the warranty? I know it might vary from company to company, just wanted to get an idea.

Does anyone know if you purchase a GPU from eBay if the manufacturer will honor the warranty? I know it might vary from company to company, just wanted to get an idea.
I'd recommend asking the seller for the original store receipt in PDF/etc. Most companies will not accept a used/second hand new sale part for warranty. In fact, you should not mention eBay at all unless it's from an authorized reseller (i.e. NewEgg on eBay).

Also you need to pose as whoever bought the GPU in the first place. If you try to RMA under a different name AND address, many cos will flag it. Same name, different address will fly most of the times. Only exception of course is good ol' EVGA where none of this matters, just the SN...

I'd recommend asking the seller for the original store receipt in PDF/etc. Most companies will not accept a used/second hand new sale part for warranty. In fact, you should not mention eBay at all unless it's from an authorized reseller (i.e. NewEgg on eBay).

There are few that used to be good about, though I can't say for certain that it is still the case. Gigabyte honored a warranty on a second hand 1070 I bought - I think they based the warranty off of the date of manufacture regardless of owner. EVGA has generally been great with warranty over the years and they let me register a used 1080ti that I bought a few years ago on OCN. EVGA does require some proof of purchase so make sure you take a screenshot or print to PDF of the ebay purchase details so you can upload to them.

EVGA does too in a round about way. 2nd owner warranty. You just have to self-document (if needed) which they will accept.

Newegg shuffle is back!

NE Shuffle.png

MSI SUPRIM RTX 3090 is in there today. $2300 hurts my soul, but I'll give it a shot. It's still one of my preferred models.
2269 3090? Is that msrp on that one or are they price gouging the shuffle now? Seems really high for a card that doesn't even come with a water block.
It was $1750 on release. It's selling for $2300 everywhere, not just Newegg. MSI is really gouging customers hard.

MSI SUPRIM RTX 3090 is in there today. $2300 hurts my soul, but I'll give it a shot. It's still one of my preferred models.

It was $1750 on release. It's selling for $2300 everywhere, not just Newegg. MSI is really gouging customers hard.
Remember when they shamefully hid their gouging behind a different name on ebay? The lesson they took from that episode was to just go ahead and be open about how badly they're going to gouge customers instead of trying to hide it.

They are gouging hard. They are the worst offenders by far. Evga and Gigabyte are the most sane with increases. Most their stuff didn't even go up by 25% so far. I paid $810 for my ftw 3 vs only going up too $850 at MC.

Edit: The ftw 3 is going for $880 now at MC. $1135 for a MSI 3080 surprim is retard.

Last edited:
Remember when they shamefully hid their gouging behind a different name on ebay? The lesson they took from that episode was to just go ahead and be open about how badly they're going to gouge customers instead of trying to hide it.
Geez let it go. It wasn't even MSI proper that did it. They also weren't selling thousands of cards. It was only a few. MSI is still dicks tho with the current pricing no doubt.

It's pretty sad times. I am just about done with my new AMD build and will be forced to use a last-generation video card (2070 Super) for the time being. It is for sure 1st world problems here, but it's frustrating to have a hobby that you can't fully utilize because of unethical principles and greed.

It's pretty sad times. I am just about done with my new AMD build and will be forced to use a last-generation video card (2070 Super) for the time being. It is for sure 1st world problems here, but it's frustrating to have a hobby that you can't fully utilize because of unethical principles and greed.
LOL I'm sure plenty of people would be happy to have a 2070 super. I'm waiting things out with just a 2060 super and it does just fine in most games at 1440p.

LOL I'm sure plenty of people would be happy to have a 2070 super. I'm waiting things out with just a 2060 super and it does just fine in most games at 1440p.
Oh, I know there are folks that would be happy with a 2070. It will continue to work for my current needs until I can find a reasonable 3000 series.

Oh, I know there are folks that would be happy with a 2070. It will continue to work for my current needs until I can find a reasonable 3000 series.
I had sold my 2080 super and was going to be stuck using a 750 ti but I had a bad feeling right before the 3080 launch and went ahead and ordered a 2060 super directly from Nvidia before things went crazy. At the time I was thinking it was a dumb move but clearly it wasn't. Of course the smart move looking back would have been just to hold on to the 2080 super but when I sold it I had no idea all of this nonsense was going to happen a few weeks after that.

I had sold my 2080 super and was going to be stuck using a 750 ti but I had a bad feeling right before the 3080 launch and went ahead and ordered a 2060 super directly from Nvidia before things went crazy. At the time I was thinking it was a dumb move but clearly it wasn't. Of course the smart move looking back would have been just to hold on to the 2080 super but when I sold it I had no idea all of this nonsense was going to happen a few weeks after that.
I hear that! I had upgraded my 1070 Ti last year and was pumped to upgrade around this time of year again, but it didn't quite work that way.

I actively want to upgrade my 1080TI, but I refuse to pay the current prices. I hope sometime this year I will be able to do so. Only good thing is if mining crashes, there will be many many cheap cards people will try to flog.

I actively want to upgrade my 1080TI, but I refuse to pay the current prices. I hope sometime this year I will be able to do so. Only good thing is if mining crashes, there will be many many cheap cards people will try to flog.
last week, I missed it EVGA had one for like $329 or $399, I forget. Way better than over 800.

Reactions: yowen
like this
I would be thrilled to have your 2070! I'm stuck with a 1660 for now...

What was this bad feeling and what led you to feel that way?

What was this bad feeling and what led you to feel that way?
Really? With so many people staying home and gaming really picking up it was looking more and more obvious that demand was going to be extremely high and there would be a good chance of not even getting a card at launch. And then there were rumors that there would be low availability anyway plus this is when it looked like mining might pick up again. I really didn't think any of that would have to be explained.

970 here, so y'all should just shut up about how poor me is stuck back in last generation cards :D :D :D
You can still play most newer games at medium settings with that card. I made due with a GTX 460 1GB for a long time. Bought it in 2011 after receiving a Newegg gift card for Folding with the [H]. I folded a lot of WUs with that card. I had an RX 580 4GB for a couple of years. I was still using that poor old 460 when you got your shiny new 970!

You can still play most newer games at medium settings with that card. I made due with a GTX 460 1GB for a long time. Bought it in 2011 after receiving a Newegg gift card for Folding with the [H]. I folded a lot of WUs with that card. I had an RX 580 4GB for a couple of years. I was still using that poor old 460 when you got your shiny new 970!
Oh you don't have to tell me, plus I really don't play any graphically intensive games as it is so it's fine. That said, if I managed to score a 3060/70 for MSRP I may try some newer games, I don't know if GTA V or FC:5/ND will really look THAT much better turned to max, but they a guy can dream :D

I noticed Etherium's price relative to the US Dollar is down today. Maybe this will lower the demand from some of the miners? I know it's been said time and time again but the online retailers need to do something about these bots, it's insane.

I noticed Etherium's price relative to the US Dollar is down today. Maybe this will lower the demand from some of the miners? I know it's been said time and time again but the online retailers need to do something about these bots, it's insane.

Down today, up tomorrow. Wouldn't put too much stock in the price of ETH on any individual day. And it's not like there was a lack of demand for cards at 1200 USD/ETH a month ago anyway.

What are we F5'ing for? I want to play.
its a coin toss whether bestbuy will follow the tuesday trend or if it will wait until friday for the 3060 drop. No one really knows, better safe than sorry. Between 11a-12p eastern should reveal the answer.

its a coin toss whether bestbuy will follow the tuesday trend or if it will wait until friday for the 3060 drop. No one really knows, better safe than sorry. Between 11a-12p eastern should reveal the answer.
I have a feeling they'll wait for the 3060 date but you can never be too sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back