Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entered, pretty sure I wont get selected, but its worth a shot. I'd like to hold out for a 3080 but I'll take what I can get or get it and sell it to someone at cost.

Wut?... BB doesnt stock on Tuesdays necessarily. Its just random. The last time BB stocked 3 series cards was back in December 1st or 2nd before 2 weeks ago. It could be another 2 months.
not quite.

Screenshot 2021-02-16 2.38.33 PM.png

Wut?... BB doesnt stock on Tuesdays necessarily. Its just random. The last time BB stocked 3 series cards was back in December 1st or 2nd before 2 weeks ago. It could be another 2 months.
Been tracking this pretty seriously (along with a very, VERY dedicated Discord stock group) for months now. The drops have happened on Tuesday and Friday, seemingly every two weeks.

The actual last drop was last Tuesday, Feb 9th. I scored a 3070 FE for a buddy.

Prior to that it was Friday, Jan 22nd where I got my 3090 FE.

Been tracking this pretty seriously (along with a very, VERY dedicated Discord stock group) for months now. The drops have happened on Tuesday and Friday, seemingly every two weeks.

This follows what I have observed as well. You learn a lot about this stuff camping out overnight in front of Microcenter in this bizarre Texas weather .... 🥶

This follows what I have observed as well. You learn a lot about this stuff camping out overnight in front of Microcenter in this bizarre Texas weather .... 🥶
I've actually considered driving down from Oklahoma to a TX microcenter. It'd be an adventure!

How long do the BB stocks last typically? are they like amazon 10 seconds and gone or do I have a humanly amount of time possible to obtain one?

How long do the BB stocks last typically? are they like amazon 10 seconds and gone or do I have a humanly amount of time possible to obtain one?
up to 30 minutes, you have a chance, depending on how much stock they have, thanks to their queue system. That being said, their regional system can make it so you add one to cart but can't actually buy it, since there is no allocation left for your region. YMMV.

I got my 3090 to checkout about 45 minutes after it started. You have to stick with because things routinely say sold out then the add to cart button shows up again. Lots of people just get to checkout then chicken out and things come back in stock.

Thanks fellas. I will keep refreshing daily, but with extra vigor on fridays and tuesdays.

Now would be a really bad time. Snow, freezing roads, winds, drifts, power outages, people literally dying ... plus this is day #2 of the store being closed.
Oh, for sure. It'd prolly be in a couple weeks, given the weather has cleared up. I can barely make it out of my driveway right now, and we have another 6-8" coming tonight.

Considering it hasn't ended yet I wouldn't worry too much. Ends at 02/16/2021 03:30 PM PT / 06:30 PM ET.

I might be misunderstanding, but didnt it end at:

Feb 16, 2021

02:00pm P.T.

Its 3pm. The winners were notified already right?

I might be misunderstanding, but didnt it end at:

Feb 16, 2021

02:00pm P.T.

Its 3pm. The winners were notified already right?

No from their email (which you should have received a copy of):

We will start emailing the results around 02/16/2021 03:30 PM PT / 06:30 PM ET.

Please note, results may take up to 1 hour to receive.

Same here, though I'm kind of relieved, I don't really want a 3070, it's just starting to feel like you have to try to get whatever you can when you have a chance.

Thats pretty much why I was going for it. Anything at this point. I dont think we live in a world of choices right now.

Got selected for the 3070 xc3 combo finally but 850 with tax...probably gonna pass since getting rid of the PSU is too much hassle.

That's kind of a lot for a 3070. If (big if) you're near a MC, they come in stock fairly regularly at the MSRP of $630. The only thing I ever won in a shuffle was a 5800x I didn't really need.

It's the evga 750 GT PSU that's forced on that's the bummer...anyone need it at ~ cost? Not looking to scalp to be clear, and can probably ship it to someone direct.

It's the evga 750 GT PSU that's forced on that's the bummer...anyone need it at ~ cost? Not looking to scalp to be clear, and can probably ship it to someone direct.
Why do people keep saying "forced" for the PSU? Ever shuffle I've entered lately has given me the option to pick just the card, or the bundle with both items.

Also, I'm 0/4 on the shuffle so far. Maybe because I never pick the bundle!!? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Placed the order, if the past few months have taught me something, it is never let an Ampere go....

Last edited:
Ok sir you win the semantics game, happy?
Hahaha! Just messing with you. Honestly we can both wallow in our lack of being the chosen ones.

On a serious note, I only mentioned it at all because it seems like people on discord and here are still thinking that you have to buy the bundle in order to get the card. I would just suggest signing up for the card only. Newegg used to not even give you the option, but per user feedback they allow it now.

so you're saying there will be a plethora of cards when they open huh.....

View attachment 330028

a plethora of cards....
1613525105471.png

I would not like to think that someone would tell someone else he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora. -- El Guapo circa 1986

Given what I know about newegg...what are the chances they give better odds to those who select the combos? I bet its a bit higher than those who just select the cards...

Yea...no picky picky for me

i haven't had any luck in buying a single 30xx gpu online from NE, BB, Amazon, BH, etc since early December. Signed up all the discord channels to be notified. Most of the time, I can't even add them to cart. When I did succeed in adding to cart, the gpu is gone before I can check out. Even had Apple Pay ready.

I had luck in buying from MC in-store (no camping) and BB in-store. BB has orphaned gpu from online order cancellations. Used BB's app to check in-store stock via computer parts category list. The hard part is getting store reps to actually look for them after they confirmed they have them in store per their inventory system.

starting to wonder if the bundles get priority
Given what I know about newegg...what are the chances they give better odds to those who select the combos? I bet its a bit higher than those who just select the cards...

Yea...no picky picky for me
I have this suspicion as well!

Placed the order, if the past few months have taught me something, it is never let an Ampere go....
You got selected?? Nice! Congrats, and enjoy the card.

Central Scalpers makes NE seem like a very nice mom n pop store...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210216-210610_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210216-210610_Chrome.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 0
Central Scalpers makes NE seem like a very nice mom n pop store...
And even at that price, can only be part of a FULL BUILD. In fairness, though, they are a tiny spec compared to Newegg, and likely have more overhead to compensate for with physical retail storefronts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back