Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fb marketplace is flooded with 3070fe available tomorrow for $800. Got to love it.

Best buy has delayed shipping them or they are delayed in route? My 3070 is delayed by UPS because of weather.

It seems BestBuy has found my 3070 Vision and I can pick it up tomorrow. :cool: Not sure if I will keep it yet, but I suppose it is a small but decent upgrade over my 3060ti. I have been eyeing a 1440p monitor and the 3070 seems like a nice fit.

Hoping Best Buy does a drop where I can actually snag something lol been checking Zotac nightly but man their site is baddddddd under load. Lost out on everything last night due to timing out.

It seems BestBuy has found my 3070 Vision and I can pick it up tomorrow. :cool: Not sure if I will keep it yet, but I suppose it is a small but decent upgrade over my 3060ti. I have been eyeing a 1440p monitor and the 3070 seems like a nice fit.
Out of curiosity run a 3Dmark stability test on your 3070. My 3070 FE wouldn’t pass the 3D mark stability test out of the box. Cant say I’ve noticed any problems, but you need a 97% to pass and my 3070 scores a 96.x%. My 1080ti scores a 99.x%. I’ve tested probably a few dozen cards in 3D mark with that test. The only other card I’ve had that failed the stability test was a few of my refurbished 1080ti Zotacs. But I’ve never had a single other card score in the 99% range like my EVGA FTW3 1080TI. I bought that 1080ti card only a few months ago to tide me over until I could land an ampere card and after years of running those tests I finally unlocked the 99% stability test achievement — and it was initially 99.8%. The EVGA FTW3 card was used and a few years old too. I’m not sure how much it matters it’s just a data point. The stability test just measures the clock speed and temperatures over 20 minutes of a stress test and if the temperatures make the clockspeed throttle, or if the clockspeeds aren’t steady for some reason during the test then it counts against you.

Last edited:
Hoping Best Buy does a drop where I can actually snag something lol been checking Zotac nightly but man their site is baddddddd under load. Lost out on everything last night due to timing out.
Next one will probably be February 25th for the 3060 launch. In the past if there was an upcoming product launch they’d wait to release their entire drop for that day.

MSRP of 3060 is $329... lets see how outrageous it gets.
navigate-first-price-auctions-CONTENT-2020.jpg

MSRP of 3060 is $329... lets see how outrageous it gets.
Depends on how well it crypto mines to some degree.

But seeing as how three, nearly four year old 1080tis are closing used for ~ $700 again on eBay it’s safe to say these will be marked up.

1613323026945.png

I'm guessing around 35MH/s. A 3070 mobile gets around 40-45 stock, and has much more impressive stats as far as core config and mem bandwidth are concerned. That would put it in 1660 super territory at a similar price point, but with a higher TDP.

But seeing as how three, nearly four year old 1080tis are closing used for ~ $700 again on eBay it’s safe to say these will be marked up
Well I'm talking straight out of the gate by the... manufacturers. I'm not worried about the secondary market, that's going to be overly inflated and really isn't a place where I'd buy something from. However when the card manufacturers throw on a couple different capacitors, and then use fancy terms like "OC EDITION" and increase the cost an additional 15% it gets a bit annoying, and then when they just flat out stop trying to hide it and increase the cost 30-40% and blame tariffs and this and that, then it gets annoying AF.

But seeing as how three, nearly four year old 1080tis are closing used for ~ $700 again on eBay it’s safe to say these will be marked up.

View attachment 329314
Are people really paying close to $700 for these things? I've got a pair of EVGA 1080ti's under water in my rig right now.. still have factory fans. If I can get anywhere near $1200 for these, paying Central Computers scalpers prices for a 3090 is almost palatable.

Are people really paying close to $700 for these things? I've got a pair of EVGA 1080ti's under water in my rig right now.. still have factory fans. If I can get anywhere near $1200 for these, paying Central Computers scalpers prices for a 3090 is almost palatable.
$500-650 is more the going rate on ebay. Take 15% or so off for fees. You probably wont find a better time to sell them though.

Out of curiosity run a 3Dmark stability test on your 3070. My 3070 FE wouldn’t pass the 3D mark stability test out of the box. Cant say I’ve noticed any problems, but you need a 97% to pass and my 3070 scores a 96.x%. My 1080ti scores a 99.x%. I’ve tested probably a few dozen cards in 3D mark with that test. The only other card I’ve had that failed the stability test was a few of my refurbished 1080ti Zotacs. But I’ve never had a single other card score in the 99% range like my EVGA FTW3 1080TI. I bought that 1080ti card only a few months ago to tide me over until I could land an ampere card and after years of running those tests I finally unlocked the 99% stability test achievement — and it was initially 99.8%. The EVGA FTW3 card was used and a few years old too. I’m not sure how much it matters it’s just a data point. The stability test just measures the clock speed and temperatures over 20 minutes of a stress test and if the temperatures make the clockspeed throttle, or if the clockspeeds aren’t steady for some reason during the test then it counts against you.
99.0% on my 3070 XC3

Just search amazon for 1080 ti. They're selling for $800+

Yup, when individuals do it it's called scalping, when companies do it it's called "supply and demand" pricing changes and is totally fine.
People are buying them up quickly... that's the problem. B-stock used to be a place to get real deals.

do you just leave it open and have it look for "add to cart" buttons to appear?
not sure, I have it monitoring the whole B stock page, but it will obviously get some alerts I am not interested in.

PS: If someone is willing to upload their csv/json file exported from distill for their best buy page(s) it would be appreciated. I keep getting hits on 3070FE changing review count.

Ive never done a newegg shuffle. Can you go back and edit and add more items once you select or no?

nothing on BB today - NADA. Delayed due to Monday holiday?

Wut?... BB doesnt stock on Tuesdays necessarily. Its just random. The last time BB stocked 3 series cards was back in December 1st or 2nd before 2 weeks ago. It could be another 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back