Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At $850... You're almost better off buying on eBay right now with 5% eBay bucks. I saw several of those around the same price.

Personally I wouldn't spend more than $700 on it.

*shrug* just sharing in case anyone's interested. Never heard of eBay bucks.

I see 3080 FE's selling for $1300 within a 3 hour driving radius. 1 sold in past week in my town of 300k people on FB marketplace.

*shrug* just sharing in case anyone's interested. Never heard of eBay bucks.

To put in perspective, that's a $630 card at MC if they have one (obviously a big "if"). At $850, this is not better than the scalping storefronts on NE and Amazon.

Last edited:
To put in perspective, that's a $630 card out the door at MC if they have one (obviously a big "if"). At $850, this is not better than the scalping storefronts on NE and Amazon.
Central Computers in the bay area charges $770 for it and folks are applauding it on r/ ..

Central Computers in the bay area charges $770 for it and folks are applauding it on r/ ..

That's just silly. I mean EVGA's posted MSRP is $629.99 AFTER the tariffs, etc. Central Computers is likely buying them for regular wholesale and then tacking on $140 extra to line their pockets over and above EVGA's stated pricing. Everyone else is doing it I guess...

Bestbuy changed their Nvidia FE “sold out” labels to “coming soon” on all their FE cards about 45 minutes ago. But then they all went to sold out again shortly thereafter - without ever triggering my Distill IO alerts again.

What’s up with that? No Discord chat notifications either.

Last edited:
Bestbuy changed their Nvidia FE “sold out” labels to “coming soon” on all their cards about 45 minutes ago. But then they all went to sold out again shortly thereafter - without ever triggering my Distill IO alerts again.

Maybe someone at Best buy was an optimist and a coworker set him straight.

Bestbuy changed their Nvidia FE “sold out” labels to “coming soon” on all their FE cards about 45 minutes ago. But then they all went to sold out again shortly thereafter - without ever triggering my Distill IO alerts again.

Maybe the site is getting hammered I get
"We’re sorry, something went wrong."
when I go to anything computer related

Ok BB got their shit back together, but does say sold out on their FE cards. Coming Soon on a few other brands, but I don't think I'd take that too seriously.

It's just a bot prevention technique or at least annoy them. The coming soon is an image and when swapped from "sold out" will trigger the bots depending on what the bots are looking for when items are in stock.

It's just a bot prevention technique or at least annoy them. The coming soon is an image and when swapped from "sold out" will trigger the bots depending on what the bots are looking for when items are in stock.
Yeah, not buying that. Doing that once in the last 17 days isn’t a annoy the botters tactic. I hope someone hasn’t figured out how to beat the API for BestBuy like they did at nvidias site where all the cards were bought out on the backend API to digital river and never even went up for sale on the users front end purchase website. But I’d put that scenario at a much higher probability than let’s change the graphic to annoy the botters once every 2 or 3 weeks. It’s also possible they were just testing code updates (hopefully before an anticipated release tomorrow). Hopefully it’s the later.

There is a decently good chance Best Buy will have a drop tomorrow. Could explain the button changes; may have been testing something on their end before tomorrow.

It seems like there are some pre-builts with nice specs and a 3080 around $2k. almost seems worth it to buy, sell the 3080 for $1,400 on ebay, then buy another one once prices come down and get a nice rig for ~$600 + whatever video card you add later.

I’ve beaten them numerous times on Best Buy’s website. Probably one of the few online retailers with an effective system against bots.
Oh cool, is it a matter of frequently refreshing and buying as soon as availability is there?

Oh cool, is it a matter of frequently refreshing and buying as soon as availability is there?
Really depends on which "region" you happen to be in, California seems to be an especially hard area to get them, it may just be because there's so many people there or could be lack of stock compared to other areas. You can get items in your cart, click check out only to be slapped with "not available within 250 miles" and get fucked out of an item as you rapidly try to change location(s) (don't ask me how I know this)

^This every damn time, and I'm in New York. I've had multiple 3070's in my cart, but checking out was impossible. Are they going by which local stores have stock available?

^This every damn time, and I'm in New York. I've had multiple 3070's in my cart, but checking out was impossible. Are they going by which local stores have stock available?
Yes. You can get it in your cart, but until you reserve one at a store within the default 250 mile range, you can't get one. I can see why West coast and East coast folks get pissed due to population density versus number of stores.

Really depends on which "region" you happen to be in, California seems to be an especially hard area to get them, it may just be because there's so many people there or could be lack of stock compared to other areas. You can get items in your cart, click check out only to be slapped with "not available within 250 miles" and get fucked out of an item as you rapidly try to change location(s) (don't ask me how I know this)
Problem with Florida is everybody is willing to drive around the entire state to get something, so even though I'm in a metro area that has a lower population compared to other places in the state it has been really difficult for me to check out when stock comes in on Best Buy's site. Orlando is my limit, which would be a 7 hour round trip for me. Daytona, Jacksonville, et al would be 10-12 hours, so f that.

Been refreshing my saved list whenever I get a chance at work, the list is basically every 30xx card from 60 to 80 they carry, nothing yet.

had one in my cart but went from select store to no stores.

Screenshot 2021-02-09 11.29.36 AM.png

how were you notified? My discords didn't go off.
Yep snail monitor thought had no chance since I was driving kiddo to an appt, and that couldn't wait lol. So dropped kiddo, and 10 mins into the drop, parked, tried a few times, threw every hurdle, account verification twice, paypal pwd got magically unsaved but it finally went through...may still get canceled who knows but atleast it's something.

So did BB do a drop today and I just slept through it? Or is everyone just reliving past pain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back