Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anothyer day, another shuffle.

Newegg Shuffle
Doesn’t seem as bad pricing wise as it could be...

up maybe $100 over launch MSRP?

1612202731201.png

So are ALL the high demand GPUs/CPUs only purchasable through the shuffle or are other ones also released outside of the shuffle?

Only reason I ask is that I haven’t seen a 3080 FTW3 listed in the shuffle in 2 weeks, but Newegg used to sell them multiple times per week before during normal stock drops.

What's up with that EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra price?

edit: post # 777 for me... it's my lucky day. C'mon shuffle.

View attachment 324980
I mentioned it earlier in the thread that Newegg increased prices and it looks like EVGA is included in that list now. Rumors have been coming out of China that prices will increase again due to increase in VRAM costs this time.

3070 day at newegg

$640 for the same EVGA RTX 3070 I paid $560 for. And the higher end model is $910! For a **70 level card. Not too sure the cooler is worth $240+ more.

Best of luck for those going for them though. 3070 XC3 Ultra is a great card.

$640 for the same EVGA RTX 3070 I paid $560 for. And the higher end model is $910! For a **70 level card. Not too sure the cooler is worth $240+ more.

Best of luck for those going for them though. 3070 XC3 Ultra is a great card.
I threw my hat in the ring again to try and get another for another friend. I let a friend i work with have the other i "won" the chance to buy for whatever the cost was. It was like $835 shipped overnight. Kind of overkill for his 7700k system but that is what he wanted

I actually got selected, but I got the fucking combo. Gigabyte 3070 + PSU. The irony is my PSU just died so I ordered one from Amazon that got delayed so I bought one from Best Buy and Amazon won't take back the one I ordered.

I actually got selected, but I got the fucking combo. Gigabyte 3070 + PSU. The irony is my PSU just died so I ordered one from Amazon that got delayed so I bought one from Best Buy and Amazon won't take back the one I ordered.
Lucky. I tried for that too for a friend.

Omfg I actually won the chance to buy the Gigabyte 3070 and AMD 5600X. I was shooting for an EVGA card for the step up program and I just put the check for the AMD for my brother. I might grab the 3070 to test it out while I wait. Decisions....

Edit: In an odd turn on events, the 3070 initially said sold out and now it's not listed in my check out anymore. Doh!

Last edited:
Omfg I actually won the chance to buy the Gigabyte 3070 and AMD 5600X. I was shooting for an EVGA card for the step up program and I just put the check for the AMD for my brother. I might grab the 3070 to test it out while I wait. Decisions....

Edit: In an odd turn on events, the 3070 initially said sold out and now it's not listed in my check out anymore. Doh!
Refresh the page. It happened to me, I refreshed and completed the order.

Refresh the page. It happened to me, I refreshed and completed the order.
Thanks for the help. I just tried it on my phone and PC but it's no longer listed in my cart. Odd because I didn't do anything to remove it. I'll give the chat support a try.

Edit: Well support just took note of my issue and said to try again sometime today. Although I have a feeling that the issue won't be resolved by the time my buyout time ends. I did ask if I was able to enter the Shuffle again in the event that I don't get the card due to technical issues and they said I would be able to do so. Bummer.

Last edited:
That's pretty fucked up...
Yeah my luck has been pretty bad for video cards. But thankfully the community here came through with my 5900X and overall help on tracking a card down.

Not trying to boast, but I must have used all my good luck in November last year when I was able to get a PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.

Oddly enough those consoles motivated me to upgrade my 4790k build because of the technical advancements in them, Ray Tracing specifically. Looks awesome in Spiderman and Miles Morales.

Edit: So as expected no card appeared in my cart and now only an unwanted power supply is left. Now I know how Charlie felt at the end of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

You get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!

Last edited:
Yeah my luck has been pretty bad for video cards. But thankfully the community here came through with my 5900X and overall help on tracking a card down.

Not trying to boast, but I must have used all my good luck in November last year when I was able to get a PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.

Oddly enough those consoles motivated me to upgrade my 4790k build because of the technical advancements in them, Ray Tracing specifically. Looks awesome in Spiderman and Miles Morales.

Edit: So as expected no card appeared in my cart and now only an unwanted power supply is left. Now I know how Charlie felt at the end of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

You get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!

Same boat, but maybe we lucked out - that PSU reviews are not so good. A lot of DOAs...

Micro Center in Columbus, OH has the MSI Gaming Trio X and SUPRIM 3090 models in stock at a couple stores. The one in Columbus, OH has both according to the website. If you want to pay $2200 for a video card, that is.

Micro Center is the most sure fire way to get a 3080/3070/3060 Ti...last week I went twice and both times they had a tiny amount of 3080 cards (along with more 3070 and 3060 Ti's)

Dallas store sells out from the line outside every time they get some in. Last time I was in there, the best graphics card they had was a 5500 XT.

*this time next year*
I wish I bought a 3090 for $2200 when I had the chance!
When Ampere was announced, I scoffed at the $1499 3090 MSRP. Hundreds of dollars more than the 3080 for minimal gains? PFFFFT.

4 months of roaming the deserts later, I scored an EVGA 3090 for cost + shipping, pre-tariff price increases. Was just over $1700 all said and done...and I feel fortunate. :confused:

When Ampere was announced, I scoffed at the $1499 3090 MSRP. Hundreds of dollars more than the 3080 for minimal gains? PFFFFT.

4 months of roaming the deserts later, I scored an EVGA 3090 for cost + shipping, pre-tariff price increases. Was just over $1700 all said and done...and I feel fortunate. :confused:
Hell I scoffed at the $700 3080, but as it turns out whether I wanted it or not the chances of me getting one then is about the same as my chances of getting one now and that's with all the increased pricing (non-scalper related)

Hell I scoffed at the $700 3080, but as it turns out whether I wanted it or not the chances of me getting one then is about the same as my chances of getting one now and that's with all the increased pricing (non-scalper related)
^^ I'm still scoffing.... and praying neither of my 1080ti's give up the ghost for at least another 4~6 months.

Micro Center is the most sure fire way to get a 3080/3070/3060 Ti...last week I went twice and both times they had a tiny amount of 3080 cards (along with more 3070 and 3060 Ti's)
Are you just walking in randomly?

Are you just walking in randomly?

someone in the Discord chat told me that my local MC store would be getting a new shipment of Ampere cards in last Wednesday...so I waited in front of the store 4 hours before it opened...was first in line so pretty much got my pick...they only had EVGA cards delivered that day so I got the EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra (even though I really wanted the Asus TUF or Strix)

I went again last Friday hoping to exchange my EVGA for an Asus 3080 but they only had the MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio that day, so I kept my EVGA card

Same but for my 960
970 here, but yeah... just don't break... because there's really no feasibly replacement there, it's either go with onboard graphics or salvage a gtx760 out of an old dust collector rig :D

3090s rain down pretty much every day, I get the price is hard to stomach but in the current climate...I must have 'resisted' at least 15-20 cards myself.

*this time next year*
I wish I bought a 3090 for $2200 when I had the chance!

I felt bad about paying MSRP for the Aorus Xtreme 3080 back in November, thought it was too expensive for a 3080 (and to be fair, it kinda is) and considered not doing it...but given the current stock issues *still* persisting, that purchase gains value in my mind more and more each day.

3090s rain down pretty much every day, I get the price is hard to stomach but in the current climate...I must have 'resisted' at least 15-20 cards myself.
I can run to Central Computers and grab a 3090 any time... IF I wanted to pay the $2k premium.

I can run to Central Computers and grab a 3090 any time... IF I wanted to pay the $2k premium.
You need to pay the $2k premium to get a 3090, paradoxically the best 3090, the FTW3 U is now amongst the cheapest since Evga raised their prices only a smidge compared to the likes of PNY and MSI, their MSRPs now being at 2.1k for the 3090 BEFORE taxes. Central Computers are scalpers with a store front though...

Damn sorry to see its still a shit storm. Had my head down working my new jobs and decided to look into this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back