Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that with Best Buy drops your luck depends on location. When they first switched to store pickup only I would get the "Unavailable Nearby" button on drops. The last two drops I've been lucky and managed to get in orders. After what happened to my 3080 FE from the last drop I won't be holding my breath until the card is in my hands.

Tried. Shows expired
Well, shows the items and looks like it begins 2pm est

Last edited:
3080FE I had in "add to cart" mode multiple times through about an hour span, but it would never let me check out.

I did land a single 3060TIFE, 3070FE, and 3090FE though.
First time I've ever been able to order any ampere card from Best Buy successfully after 4 months of trying (since launch) and landed three in one day. It appears my luck is strange.

Anyone land a 3080FE, but want a 3090FE? Trade even my 3090FE for your 3080FE + cash - MSRP to MSRP. PM me. I didn't want a 3090FE, but the darn thing kept showing up over and over as available - just tempting me and I just impulse bought it...

I will keep the 3060TI and 3070 for crypto mining (heck I'd like a dozen if I could find them) but want a 3080FE for my main gaming PC.

So, good news for me, Bad news for everyone. My dad called me from Microcenter in paterson NJ last night and asked if i wanted a 3070. I told him no that Im still holding out for a 3080. Obviously my dad asked and they didnt have any. Another employee over heard and said they actually got one delivered like 20 min prior and is still being unpacked. The guy went in the back and got the XC3 3080 and I bought it! yay finally got a 3080 accidentally. Making small talk, the empoyee said that was the first 3080 they got since the start of the near year and they dont know whats going on.

3080FE I had in "add to cart" mode multiple times through about an hour span, but it would never let me check out.

First time I've ever been able to order any ampere card from Best Buy successfully after 4 months of trying (since launch) and landed three in one day. It appears my luck is strange.

Anyone land a 3080FE, but want a 3090FE? Trade even my 3090FE for your 3080FE + cash - MSRP to MSRP. PM me. I didn't want a 3090FE, but the darn thing kept showing up over and over as available - just tempting me and I just impulse bought it...

I will keep the 3060TI and 3070 for crypto mining (heck I'd like a dozen if I could find them) but want a 3080FE for my main gaming PC.
did you get those 3 in one order, or checkout 3 separate times?

did you get those 3 in one order, or checkout 3 separate times?
I had a window open for each FE card. 3 separate checkouts. Same CC. My distill IO alerts hit before the Discord alerts today.

Text verification at checkout from bestbuy, I’m somewhat surprised my CC didn’t kick back and cancel the last one or two, but as far as I know it did not. I had a few more 3060TI and 3070 I did not get. Added to cart and sold out like many many dozens of times before on previous days. But three orders worked. I think I could have bought a lot of 3090FE. The 3090 was in stock a lot of the launch time window today while the other three FE cards were very seldom showing in stock.

Last edited:
I had a window open for each FE card. 3 separate checkouts. Same CC. My distill IO alerts hit before the Discord alerts today.

Text verification at checkout from bestbuy, I’m somewhat surprised my CC didn’t kick back and cancel the last one or two, but as far as I know it did not. I had a few more 3060TI and 3070 I did not get. Added to cart and sold out like many many dozens of times before on previous days. But three orders worked. I think I could have bought a lot of 3090FE. The 3090 was in stock a lot of the launch time window today while the other three FE cards were very seldom showing in stock.
Where r u located?

Gotta say, the people "bragging" about how they score multiple GPUs on each drop are pissing me off. How about you buy one f-ing card and leave more for the rest of us to be able to purchase them too?
I'll add to this, people defending Best Buy for being better than other places... how about you just let us be pissed off at Best Buy and stop trying to defend them :)

Gotta say, the people "bragging" about how they score multiple GPUs on each drop are pissing me off. How about you buy one f-ing card and leave more for the rest of us to be able to purchase them too?
As long as they're actually going to use the cards or sell them without a big mark-up to someone else that wants one but couldn't get one it doesn't bother me, personally.

The scalpers are the reason everyone's struggling so hard to even get something into their cart, not fellow enthusiasts just picking up some gear now that there's finally something worth upgrading to for the first time in years. (though I understand the frustration) Given all of that I'm just glad some sellers (BB and now Newegg, too) are doing something to make it harder for scalpers to corner the market.

As long as they're actually going to use the cards or sell them without a big mark-up to someone else that wants one but couldn't get one it doesn't bother me, personally.

The scalpers are the reason everyone's struggling so hard to even get something into their cart, not fellow enthusiasts just picking up some gear now that there's finally something worth upgrading to for the first time in years. (though I understand the frustration) Given all of that I'm just glad some sellers (BB and now Newegg, too) are doing something to make it harder for scalpers to corner the market.

What is BB doing?

Exactly. I only got my card due to a generous co-worker. I haven't had any luck finding a card myself yet, but I'm still trying as I know friends and other coworkers are looking.

no one here is bragging or rubbing it in anyone's face. It is useful to know that people are getting cards to better understand the process, strategy, and regional limitations... If someone in another region bought 100 cards and you couldn't get 1, that would still be the case if that person didn't get any. It isn't a matter of leaving some meat on the bone for everyone else. If you are there on time and there are cards for your region, you will get one, or someone else in your region will. It is a mixed bag of gamers, miners, and scalpers.

Out of curiosity, How many hours have you spent trying to get a card? I’ve probably got over 80 hours, truly - no exaggeration, on the books now trying to get ampere cards. Actively engaged on the computer and phone with one primary intent. Trying to get <= 3080 ampere cards. Setting up distill IO alerts. Subscribing to multiple discord groups, even going in person to Microcenter to wait in line. Today I got lucky for sure. Many many hundreds of times I have not landed a thing.

Exactly. I only got my card due to a generous co-worker.
I guess my vision of humanity is much more cynical. Y'all are giving me a ray of hope that perhaps people are absolute sh*ts in general.

Out of curiosity, How many hours have you spent trying to get a card?
Certainly not 80h. Not even 2h. I refuse to make my life about getting a GPU. That said, it's infuriating when people buy several GPUs while most consumers can't get a single one. If you ask me, there should be a "buy 1 GPU per week" type of limitation right now, none of this "I managed to get 3 or 4 GPUs" kind of bullsh*t. Most gamers would get a GPU much faster this way, and we wouldn't be in the situation we're in.

We really need an electronics version of the BOTS Act, let's say, a BOES act.

Last edited:
I wish there were some Best Buy or MicroCenter employees in this forum that could do some favors for people and help them get a card...where's Comixbooks lol?...doesn't he work at Walmart?

FB.jpg

I wish there were some Best Buy or MicroCenter employees in this forum that could do some favors for people and help them get a card...where's Comixbooks lol?...doesn't he work at Walmart?
I wouldn't be surprised if employees were forbidden from buying cards, or limited to one type. Because otherwise employees would abuse the ever living shit out of the system "alright 100 3080s that showed up today, ima buy 10" sell for double price, then next week "I'll take 20 this week"

I wouldn't be surprised if employees were forbidden from buying cards, or limited to one type. Because otherwise employees would abuse the ever living shit out of the system "alright 100 3080s that showed up today, ima buy 10" sell for double price, then next week "I'll take 20 this week"
They are doing this, their are rules in place but money can persuade anyone.

You lucky dawg... I got my order in for a 3090 only to find my order got canceled by an email later..... sigh... Another 2 weeks of waiting and praying I hit the next drop wave..

$1,049 even before tax no thank you. For those that are really desperate though this is good news if they hurry...
No tax for me from here and I get California taxed, already shipped with Fedex too which was also free.

Edit: got taxed haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back