Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem would be exactly the same; see EVGA queues and people complaining about entering the queue in September and still not having a card.
EVGA queues though are the way they are because most every card they create goes to these other "scalpers" aka the stores, who buy huge quantities for cheaper than MSRP so they can sell them at MSRP (or as we see now more). And this effectively allows everyone who manages to get a card through these 3rd party sellers to "jump the queue"

I know it may seem unrealistic for a manufacture of a good to sell directly to the public only, but it's been done elsewhere in commerce hell Tesla is a prime example of that

The other big tip is, of course, Best Buy. Between their anti-bot stuff online and the fact that you must pick it up in store you get a pretty good shot *IF* you get in near when they drop.
The downside with Best Buy though is you don't know when they're going to get stock in order to do said online purchasing.

The downside with Best Buy though is you don't know when they're going to get stock in order to do said online purchasing.
I’ve had good luck with notifications on from @Wario64 and also using the “HotStock” app - but ultimately I had to also randomly check all day like a coke fiend...

Newegg Responds to GPU, CPU Shortages With Controversial Lottery System

How do you stop scalpers from buying up the latest graphics cards and computer processors?...Electronics retailer Newegg is responding with a lottery system that’ll dole out the in-demand products to participating consumers

on Wednesday, the company briefly posted a web page for the 'Newegg Shuffle' event...the system works like this: during a three-hour window, consumers can enter a lottery for the in-demand product they’d like to buy...Newegg will then draw winners on the same day and notify them via email, removing the first-come-first-serve approach...the winning consumers will then have a short two-hour window to complete the purchase, or their reservation will be forfeited...

https://www.pcmag.com/news/newegg-responds-to-gpu-cpu-shortages-with-controversial-lottery-system

Isn't this just abusing the return policy? Unless you left it unopened of course. :)

Either that or I've been a chump for years.
The card has crazy coil whine and was going back either way. This is not something i usually do, but this time ill take advantage of the extended return policy.

Reactions: Epos7
like this
Frigging finally! [H] member hooked me up big time.

IMG_5325.JPG

So glad to be out of this rat race. If I get emails from the EVGA queue (I'm signed up for a notify on the 3080 FTW3 Gaming Ultra and the Hybrid), I'll decide which card I want to keep and offer the others at cost + shipping.

Newegg Responds to GPU, CPU Shortages With Controversial Lottery System

How do you stop scalpers from buying up the latest graphics cards and computer processors?...Electronics retailer Newegg is responding with a lottery system that’ll dole out the in-demand products to participating consumers

on Wednesday, the company briefly posted a web page for the 'Newegg Shuffle' event...the system works like this: during a three-hour window, consumers can enter a lottery for the in-demand product they’d like to buy...Newegg will then draw winners on the same day and notify them via email, removing the first-come-first-serve approach...the winning consumers will then have a short two-hour window to complete the purchase, or their reservation will be forfeited...

https://www.pcmag.com/news/newegg-responds-to-gpu-cpu-shortages-with-controversial-lottery-system
I wasn't in on the system, because honestly I don't need an overly inflated price due to tariffs, and I really don't want a combo with a piece of hardware that I just want, but was there anything to stop bots from getting thousands of entries for every one entry of a real person? Swinging the pendulum back towards the forces of evil.

MC in Brentwood MO had a big drop today, friend went 1.5 hours after opening and still managed to snag a 3070. When he left they still had a couple 3070 and 15 or so 3060ti's .

I wasn't in on the system, because honestly I don't need an overly inflated price due to tariffs, and I really don't want a combo with a piece of hardware that I just want, but was there anything to stop bots from getting thousands of entries for every one entry of a real person? Swinging the pendulum back towards the forces of evil.

I signed up for today's 3080 lottery...drawing will be at 6:30 PM EST...it's a silly combo with a mobo I don't want at an inflated $1200 price but I just want to see if I win...not sure if I'm actually going to purchase

what the crap....they will only let you get the 3080 with a motherboard...I hate newegg so much

what the crap....they will only let you get the 3080 with a motherboard...I hate newegg so much

When I got my 3090 it was a combo deal with memory. And the memory they sent me was only 16GB not the advertised 32GB I was supposed to get. And there is no way to do anything about that on their website without calling customer service which I didn't care enough to do.

Just another reason to hate newegg. They're all around a scummy company and always my last choice. I've only bought 2 things from them in the past 7 years. It's sad because they used to be my goto for everything.

When I got my 3090 it was a combo deal with memory. And the memory they sent me was only 16GB not the advertised 32GB I was supposed to get. And there is no way to do anything about that on their website without calling customer service which I didn't care enough to do.

Just another reason to hate newegg. They're all around a scummy company and always my last choice. I've only bought 2 things from them in the past 7 years. It's sad because they used to be my goto for everything.
Newegg’s customer service has treated me right every time I’ve had a problem. But I guess it’s slightly easier to whine on a forum about how “scummy” they are than it is to actually try to resolve your complaint.

Newegg’s customer service has treated me right every time I’ve had a problem. But I guess it’s slightly easier to whine on a forum about how “scummy” they are than it is to actually try to resolve your complaint.
Agreed, I have been shopping at NewEgg for nearly 20 years. Tens of thousands spent there. On the rare occasion I have had an issue, it has always been resolved to my satisfaction, except one. Just recently I managed to get in an order for a 6900XT GPU combo, but somehow 10 PSU's got added to the order with the one GPU. I contacted support and they could not modify the order, I ended up having to cancel the order since I did not want to mess with returning all those extra PSU's. Never saw the card in stock again. That said, I do not like the forced combo's, I do not like the marketplace crap, they should be the only seller and their shipping is a bit lazy compared to how it used to be.

Frigging finally! [H] member hooked me up big time.

View attachment 321124

So glad to be out of this rat race. If I get emails from the EVGA queue (I'm signed up for a notify on the 3080 FTW3 Gaming Ultra and the Hybrid), I'll decide which card I want to keep and offer the others at cost + shipping.

Cong"rats"

Oh, you think you're out of the rat race? Think again! :cyclops:

Agreed, I have been shopping at NewEgg for nearly 20 years. Tens of thousands spent there. On the rare occasion I have had an issue, it has always been resolved to my satisfaction, except one. Just recently I managed to get in an order for a 6900XT GPU combo, but somehow 10 PSU's got added to the order with the one GPU. I contacted support and they could not modify the order, I ended up having to cancel the order since I did not want to mess with returning all those extra PSU's. Never saw the card in stock again. That said, I do not like the forced combo's, I do not like the marketplace crap, they should be the only seller and their shipping is a bit lazy compared to how it used to be.

Have you ever dealt with newegg losing your package and how did the claim end up? I am going through a claim right now where their shipping carrier Ontrac lost/stole my order pretty much but I have no proof except they never stepped foot on my property. Another order after the incident same carrier they delivered my box with the top sliced open like someone had to check the contents before delivering...

Have you ever dealt with newegg losing your package and how did the claim end up? I am going through a claim right now where their shipping carrier Ontrac lost/stole my order pretty much but I have no proof except they never stepped foot on my property. Another order after the incident same carrier they delivered my box with the top sliced open like someone had to check the contents before delivering...
Not lost, but "delivered" to someplace that was not my house. Never received the package. NewEgg promptly shipped me out a replacement. But I do had video of my front door and can verify no delivery person ever stepped foot on my property that day.

Not lost, but "delivered" to someplace that was not my house. Never received the package. NewEgg promptly shipped me out a replacement. But I do had video of my front door and can verify no delivery person ever stepped foot on my property that day.
Ahhh I see, I am going through the same exact thing with a claim that's gonna take about a week because the item was pricey (6800XT that got "delivered") sigh :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Thankfully I also sent them security footage with no Ontrac guy in sight.

I signed up for today's 3080 lottery...drawing will be at 6:30 PM EST...it's a silly combo with a mobo I don't want at an inflated $1200 price but I just want to see if I win...not sure if I'm actually going to purchase

lol I got the rejection e-mail from Newegg...the title was 'You Almost Got It'...it said I wasn't selected and how they wish they had more inventory...

lol. Yeah. That’s what I got. When I read I I saw in my mind the guy dangling the dollar with a fishing rod commercial.

did they send the same 'You Almost Got It' e-mail out to everyone...or did others get 'You Weren't Even Close' rejection letters? :D

You don't think it's scummy to essentially scalp by forcing every GPU to be bundled with shit no one wants and most likely purposely put 16 GB memory instead of 32 GB memory because they know you won't care enough to deal with it? How about when they didn't charge sales tax but then gave away everyone's purchase history to states requesting it despite no legal obligation, suddenly costing some people thousands of dollars at the end of the year? How about when their site was hacked for over a month and anyone that entered a credit card had it sent to hackers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back