Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are asus EK waterblock cards available to order at shopblt.

it’s the new price, but there is no tax and free shipping which might take off some of the burn at $1050 pricepoint. Looks like under availability they have about 100 left at this time and they ship Jan 21.

https://www.shopblt.com/item/asus-rtx3080-10g-ek-ekwb-water-block-geforce/asus_rtx308010gek.html

same date for some 50+ still available water blocked Asus 3070 = $770
https://www.shopblt.com/item/asus-rtx3070-8g-ek-ekwb-geforce-rtx-3070/asus_rtx30708gek.html

and < 50 of the 3090 water block for $2082. Same shipping date.
https://www.shopblt.com/item/asus-rtx3090-24g-ek-ekwb-geforce-rtx-3090/asus_rtx309024gek.html

Last edited:
Here’s the asus waterblock card in stock at shopblt.

it’s the new price, but there is no tax and free shipping which might take off some of the burn at $1050 pricepoint. Looks like under availability they have about 100 left at this time and they ship on/around Jan 21.

https://www.shopblt.com/item/asus-rtx3080-10g-ek-ekwb-water-block-geforce/asus_rtx308010gek.html
I wanted to get one of those. They had them on pre-orders for $850 the other week. I don't think they are honoring it tho.

There are asus EK waterblock cards available to order at shopblt.

it’s the new price, but there is no tax and free shipping which might take off some of the burn at $1050 pricepoint. Looks like under availability they have about 100 left at this time and they ship Jan 21.

same date for some 50+ still available water blocked Asus 3070 = $770
https://www.shopblt.com/item/asus-rtx3070-8g-ek-ekwb-geforce-rtx-3070/asus_rtx30708gek.html

and < 50 of the 3090 water block for $2082. Same shipping date.
https://www.shopblt.com/item/asus-rtx3090-24g-ek-ekwb-geforce-rtx-3090/asus_rtx309024gek.html
I might have to bite on this. Never bought from them before. Anyone have any experience with them?

I might have to bite on this. Never bought from them before. Anyone have any experience with them?
From what I’ve read from other people is that ShopBLT pre-sells quantities they expect to soon get. They often sit on your order for a long time (weeks, sometimes months) before actually getting it out to you. I would take the dates on their website with a large grain of salt. You could maybe get it on that date but it seems more unlikely than likely.

I bought a order of cards from them in the past. No issue. They’ve been around since 1995.

Consider it another queue to jump in. You can cancel it at no fee if you find another card somewhere else first and they are still in preorder status at ShopBLT. At least you have something in a queue. These Asus EK queue aren’t yet oversold. So it should ship on or around that Jan 21 date if you get your order in before the available cards come in. Click availability to see incoming order vs. incoming stock numbers.

Asus 3080 EK waterblock availability for instance:
1610554305411.png

Last edited:
I bought a 3970X and a 3960X from BLT back when that was “hard” as well. They conducted themselves like a legitimate business. Was a preorder as well.

I have actually been on the preorder list for the Asus EK 3080. They do not honor the preorder price of $895 that I had in, and the first-arrive by date has shifted back two weeks already in the last 3 weeks. The quantity arriving has also steadily grown from something like 600 to 1200.

Like Archaea says, just another free queue to wait in.

Shopblt is horrible. You will never get any cards from them. I was on their EVGA 3080 FTW and Asus 3080 Strix waiting list since October. Waited till January and just cancel both orders. I received a 3080 FTW Ultra form Newegg back in November. The good thing is you don't get charged untill it ships. But you will probably be waiting till summer/fall before you see anything from them.

Shopblt is horrible. You will never get any cards from them. I was on their EVGA 3080 FTW and Asus 3080 Strix waiting list since October. Waited till January and just cancel both orders. I received a 3080 FTW Ultra form Newegg back in November. The good thing is you don't get charged untill it ships. But you will probably be waiting till summer/fall before you see anything from them.
I was in the Adorama queue since 9-18. I got the card a week ago or so. If I hadn’t been in a queue I still wouldn’t have a card today. Both 3080 cards I got were from queues. I have not been able to secure any cards with same day shipping, despite like 50 hours trying. A queue certainly beats no queue. (And no card)

And now EVGA and Zotac have joined in the extra price raising on Ampere over and above the already elevated prices on what are often essentially reference cards.

And now EVGA and Zotac have joined in the extra price raising on Ampere over and above the already elevated prices on what are often essentially reference cards.
With the tariff exemption expiring everyone's cards are going to be going up in price soon if they haven't already; because everyone builds them in mainland China. :(

3070 is now officially at 3080 prices 🙌 for bay area Crappy Computers, now they need to go further and increase it by another 100 and the 3080 to official 1099 msrp and the demand and supply will reach equilibrium very soon. Also cut off the scalpers since this is not TP and demand is not completely inelastic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210113-115640_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210113-115640_Gmail.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 0
I jumped on that shopBLT 3080 EKWB deal. $1050 tax and shipped with waterblock is closer to $850.

With the tariff exemption expiring everyone's cards are going to be going up in price soon if they haven't already; because everyone builds them in mainland China. :(

Tariffs are paid by the buying importer and not the manufacturer/seller. The point of a tariff is to make a foreign product artificially less price competitive so that a domestic buyer will instead pick a domestic supplier to buy from rather than a foreign firm regardless of whether or not there is a domestic producer/supplier of the product. (Also, whether it actually plays out that way all that often is another matter entirely.)

A tariff would apply against Best But or New Egg as the U.S. based importer buying from EVGA or Zotac. Those companies would only face a tariff if EVGA "China" Corp. sold a pallet of video cards to EVGA U.S.A., Inc. and then the USA sub-corporation sold the cards to distributors and retailers. When EVGA and Zotac buy the parts to make the card from China or S.E. Asia, and then make the video card abroad, all of that alone does not incur any U.S. tariff. It's not like EVGA, Zotac, Asus, and the rest are cross-shipping partially assembled cards to be sold to a USA outfit, further assembled, and then returned to China/Taiwan/wherever before turning around to sell the cards back the a USA sub-corp.

The current price increases, above the existing pre-inflated prices by the A.i.B. partners, are more like way back in the day when the ATI 4870 and 5870 proved so popular that retailers (and I think some A.i.B.s) decided to later increase prices over MSRP for reference and near reference designs.

ATR Stonks discord channel finally picked the in stock up on the 3060 Ti .. about to go OOS soon lol

Reactions: flotz
like this
These price increases are straight ripoff. Pure insane. Just saw a MSI gaming suprim 3070 sold by newegg for $800. I was like WTF? No way in helll this is just tarrifs. They are just increasing prices to rip off and take advantage of another crypto boom may be lol. Pure insanity, so glad I got my shit before this craziness lol. Also good luck finding 3060 at MSRP Nvidia just announced lol.

Looks like Nvidia founders edition cards for 3060ti -3090 are still MSRP form best buy. I don't think nvidia will increase those as they suppose to be MSRP and they have to save face, but I am sure they will release shit supply for those.

I know everyone is upset about the prices but people need to understand, its supply vs demand.. they are getting what they are worth, otherwise they would not be selling a single card.

This whole situation is extremely aggravating and is really pissing me off. On the one hand I know I should say "fuck these guys! I'm not giving them my money until prices normalize!" but on the other I've got a dying launch GTX 1080 and a 4k display. At some point I'm going to be forced to upgrade and I may not have the luxury of waiting until everything stabilizes and that makes me even more angry.

I know everyone is upset about the prices but people need to understand, its supply vs demand.. they are getting what they are worth, otherwise they would not be selling a single card.

That's not true at all.
Supply and demand is based on free market forces at work,
NOT on artificial supply problems due to rich people buying up all the stock, creating a complete outage.
That is NOT how supply and demand works, at least not what I learned in college and elsewhere.

Someone buying a card or PS5 or xbox to resell it after the stores closed and some desperate person wants a console=market forces.
Because you didn't buy up all the stock YOURSELF.

A bunch of people, or a single rich scalper using bots to buy up the entire shop (or groups of scalpers charging up tens of thousands of dollars buying up all the stock) to resell it in a market where NORMAL USERS CANNOT BUY the cards--is not basic supply and demand! Normal supply and demand=normal people can purchase items, and shortages are based on more people wanting the item than can be supplied.

Botting all the supply en-masse is nothing but rich asshole(s) wants to get richer syndrome. Because normal people aren't causing the shortages. They're losing to automated mass buy bots!

*edit* The best analogy I can think of is an "artificial monopoly", but even that doesn't exactly fit.

Last edited:
That's not true at all.
Supply and demand is based on free market forces at work,
NOT on artificial supply problems due to rich people buying up all the stock, creating a complete outage.
That is NOT how supply and demand works, at least not what I learned in college and elsewhere.

Someone buying a card or PS5 or xbox to resell it after the stores closed and some desperate person wants a console=market forces.
Because you didn't buy up all the stock YOURSELF.

A bunch of people, or a single rich scalper using bots to buy up the entire shop (or groups of scalpers charging up tens of thousands of dollars buying up all the stock) to resell it in a market where NORMAL USERS CANNOT BUY the cards--is not basic supply and demand!

Botting all the supply en-masse is nothing but rich asshole(s) wants to get richer syndrome.

Well I disagree, they are worth what people are willing to pay.. regardless of who is buying them and reselling them, they are selling easily at the higher than retail prices. Had they set the msrp at ~1200 they would still be out of stock everywhere.

My little GTX 760 is terribly slow and the memory is going. I wanted to upgrade a few years back, but just as I had saved enough for a 1080 the mining craze hit and they shot up to $1200. It's even worse now, and the tariff increases are just the icing on the cake of an already outrageous situation.

My best option seems to be a local 3070 for $850 or a 6900XT for $1200. Yay.

Well I disagree, they are worth what people are willing to pay.. regardless of who is buying them and reselling them, they are selling easily at the higher than retail prices. Had they set the msrp at ~1200 they would still be out of stock everywhere.
Pretty much. The market clearing price of these cards is clearly way higher than retail. The fact people can but and resell them so easily with such a markup is a testament to that. This is more of perfect storm of chip fab demand than anything. 2 new consoles, 2 new lines of video cards, and a new CPU line. Oh, and record setting virtual currency prices. Not really the fault of anyone, just bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back