Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a 3060ti for my kid. Do you think that card will be just as hard to get as the 3080's?

AFAIK the only cards staying in stock for more than seconds at a time are the 3090s.
I got a 3060ti from best buy on the drop this week. I had to wait in the queue as you have to do with best buy, but my order went through 15 minutes after the product went live. I was at least 5 minutes late to the party and probably sat there for about 5 before add to cart worked. Then another 5 selecting a store it would ship to and entering payment info. It's doable.

I need a 3060ti for my kid. Do you think that card will be just as hard to get as the 3080's?
Yes

And here is why.

https://www.nicehash.com/blog/post/the-most-profitable-mining-rig-in-2021?

Though I’m not sure I agree with the conclusion

I have one 3080. It mines at 102MH/s at 245 watts of power use.

6, 3080 = hashrate of 10, 3060TI

I’d prefer six cards over ten from an administrative and maintenance aspect. Initial acquisition cost would be about the same. Power use would be about 1400 watts on the 3060ti according that nicehash article, and 1500 watts on the 3080 given my single 3080 card's personal evaluation. So pretty equitable as well...

The 3060ti might have greater availability because of more cards produced, but miners will be after anything they can get their hands on with a six month payback time. This is looking like a 2017/2018 is spinning back up.

Last edited:
I got a 3060ti from best buy on the drop this week. I had to wait in the queue as you have to do with best buy, but my order went through 15 minutes after the product went live. I was at least 5 minutes late to the party and probably sat there for about 5 before add to cart worked. Then another 5 selecting a store it would ship to and entering payment info. It's doable.
Did you get your pick up notice yet? Mine is set for pickup tomorrow and I'm getting ansty as hell!

Picked up my 3090 today from BB. Was scheduled for Sat but got the notice early this AM. Now to find a display... my Dell U2711 from ages ago isn't going to cut it now haha.

I got to that point, but it told me that there wasn't a store within 250 miles of me to get the card. Fuck that BS. If I can get it into my cart, they can ship it to me.

Yes

And here is why.

https://www.nicehash.com/blog/post/the-most-profitable-mining-rig-in-2021?

Though I’m not sure I agree with the conclusion

I have one 3080. It mines at 102MH/s at 245 watts of power use.

6, 3080 = hashrate of 10, 3060TI

I’d prefer six cards over ten from an administrative and maintenance aspect. Initial acquisition cost would be about the same. Power use would be about 1400 watts on the 3060ti according that nicehash article, and 1500 watts on the 3080 given my single 3080 card's personal evaluation. So pretty equitable as well...

The 3060ti might have greater availability because of more cards produced, but miners will be after anything they can get their hands on with a six month payback time. This is looking like a 2017/2018 is spinning back up.

The best bang for the buck is still the RX 5700s. Mine would do 50MH/s at 100W. When I was playing around with my 3080, I had it tuned to about 90MH/s at 180W.

Last edited:
I got to that point, but it told me that there wasn't a store within 250 miles of me to get the card. Fuck that BS. If I can get it into my cart, they can ship it to me.
I agree it is an odd thing to have happen. Good luck on the next round. I still think BB is the way to go on these drops. Maybe try getting an AIB card instead of founders, the founders (cheapest) probably have the most people trying to buy them. All I can say is good luck.

Just got back with card in hand, yay. Look at that row of cards waiting for pick up. I asked if there were any cancellations cuz I might buy one, ofc there were none!

20210108_111650.jpg

mine was scheduled for tomorrow, but I got the pickup notification today. ;)

My 3070 was scheduled for tomorrow, I got it yesterday.

Will find out later today if I can live with the noise from an aircooled card for a week or three, or if it'll be going back into the box until I can get a waterblock.

My 3070 was scheduled for tomorrow, I got it yesterday.

Will find out later today if I can live with the noise from an aircooled card for a week or three, or if it'll be going back into the box until I can get a waterblock.
My card is pretty quiet, quieter than my case fans. The fan doesn't is still and its idling at 30c, ofc my ambient here is kinda low atm. Time to shop for a block anyways...

20210108_130531.jpg

Just got back with card in hand, yay. Look at that row of cards waiting for pick up. I asked if there were any cancellations cuz I might buy one, ofc there were none!

View attachment 317157
Someone here said it's shady how all of a sudden after the %20+ increase in price, all of a sudden supply is all over... now it is looking shady.

My 3080FE is ready for pickup today too. I have an XC3 Ultra coming tomorrow. I only need one and need to decide which one to keep. Any opinions?

My 3080FE is ready for pickup today too. I have an XC3 Ultra coming tomorrow. I only need one and need to decide which one to keep. Any opinions?
The FE is a great card. I have a 3090 FE in my 5950x build and a 3090 strix in my 5900x build. The FE hit low 50s max temp at full load (port royal and 85 percent fan) while the strix hit low 70s (also 85% fan) The FE hits ~2055 clock in port royal with a 14250 score and strix would do ~2115 and hit 14450 score. The strix is on water now though and is able to do a little more.. the FE will be on water soon also. Granted this is just a sample size of 1 and not a ton of time benchmarking it in port royal. I am not sure what the XC3 temps are like compared to the FE but overall I don't think any 3090 beats the FE just based on price alone.. plus I personally like the look of the FE too.

So what do you have to do in order to actually get a damn card in your card and buy it? It seems these bit-coin miners had not problem getting 1 card but 100 cards for their rigs. I can't get one freaking card. A friend of mine had to finally just buy a 3090 because they were available more so that 3080. What a joke.

that doesn't make me optimistic that supply will catch up within the next three months...
Agreed. If anything, it pretty much guarantees that they'll continue to trickle out few cards. Then, magically, the week after April 16, they're be plenty available at new +$150 prices.

Notice they don't give any details about the "ongoing events" or "several factors".

A colleague of mine said this regarding AMD supplies:
I am just waiting for retail to pick up, I have a friend that works in Texas at one of the AMD foundry places and say AMD is building a huge inventory to put out all at once right now, to swamp the scalpers they are pretty pissed off about scalpers

HAH. I just got this email from B&H regarding a Zotac 3080 Trinity:

You are receiving this message because you asked to be notified when this item becomes available. We regret to inform you that this item has unfortunately been discontinued. Please check back on our website for similar or possible replacement items.

We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

So what do you have to do in order to actually get a damn card in your card and buy it? It seems these bit-coin miners had not problem getting 1 card but 100 cards for their rigs. I can't get one freaking card. A friend of mine had to finally just buy a 3090 because they were available more so that 3080. What a joke.
Luck and quick fingers, having successfully ordered 10 cards (and sadly canceled 4 because I thought supply would surely catch up, big mistake), also praise the card gods daily 😉 My mind is telling me to cancel the msi 3090 order for 1689 + tax since I have a 3080 already but the heart wants 'MO CARD' lol. Lately the ATR discord has become less useful because of the sheer volume of folks on it... snail monitor is a but more useful for now:
https://discord.gg/r8KuEJjU

Agreed. If anything, it pretty much guarantees that they'll continue to trickle out few cards. Then, magically, the week after April 11, they're be plenty available at new +$150 prices.

Notice they don't give any details about the "ongoing events" or "several factors".

A colleague of mine said this regarding AMD supplies:

HAH. I just got this email from B&H regarding a Zotac 3080 Trinity:
Lol I’ve been hearing about AMD “building huge inventory” and flooding the market for months now. I’ll believe it when I see it.

When you got the pick up notification, was it right when they opened or later?
Can't speak for him but my email came through at 915am. The store doesn't open until 11am, so I guess the guys in receiving pick the in store orders as they come off the pallet.

Can't speak for him but my email came through at 915am. The store doesn't open until 11am, so I guess the guys in receiving pick the in store orders as they come off the pallet.
Thanks. If it's the same for my store then it looks like more waiting for me!

No sure who you are listening to, but anyone that has even suggested that is loony, and you are likely more loony for buying into it.
right - no company would ever sit on post-launch inventory for any product unless there were legal reasons preventing them from selling in a given market. there is literally zero economic reason to hold inventory back. the occam's razor explanation would be that inventory is constrained because manufacturing is constrained, likely the game consoles are getting priority on RDNA2 chips.

No sure who you are listening to, but anyone that has even suggested that is loony, and you are likely more loony for buying into it.
Hearing =/= listening; let alone buying into any of it. I’ve spent enough time on the internet to have learned that many “inside sources” are fabricated, and that clickbait YouTube videos and articles are nothing more than people trying to get attention. And when they’re about to be wrong they just move the goal post to save face. There are very few people I trust enough to believe in the tech industry.

AMD is 100% screwed in the way that there is no way for it to fill the huge void that NVIDIA has left in the market. That said, I know that AMD has 10s of thousands more cards that NV has even sold up to now, so that is a good thing, but still no way for AMD to ever satiate the demand, especially with BF and Xmas buying season in Q4.
This is what I said a couple months ago....and this all came exactly true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back