Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The evga 3090 xc3 was in stock but that's gone from BB now too. I see just FE 3090 and 3070 is in stock. I'm guessing Socal got a bit more in allocation.

I added a 3070 to cart, not avail within 250mi, but available in california (90210).
That's a mirage lol, it shows the next one is available, when you select it, the next one lol...they are literally messing with folks. I'd more upset if I didn't largely have what I wanted already...

Well fuck me... I thought I missed the drop (because 6am PST is "fuck you east coast!" time) but apparently it dropped later. However as soon as I picked a store that didn't give me the "not available in 250 miles" (which ironically was a store 3 miles away) all of the blue buttons turned to grey "sold out" buttons.

That said plenty of blue buttons for 3070 cards were there when BB told me nothing was available within 250 miles. So others may have a chance... just not us near Silicon Valley... because yeah that makes sense .

Well fuck me... I thought I missed the drop (because 6am PST is "fuck you east coast!" time) but apparently it dropped later. However as soon as I picked a store that didn't give me the "not available in 250 miles" (which ironically was a store 3 miles away) all of the blue buttons turned to grey "sold out" buttons.
BB doesn't like CA, my only success with them so far has been 1x 5600x and 1x 5800x back when there were relatively frequent drops in early Dec, nada since Sept for any Ampere card and I've tried on almost every single drop...why can't NV just sell FE cards at a physical storefront in Santa Clara for us bay area folks?

Where are you located? Their inventory allocation is sh** unless you in middle of nowhere flyover country it seems...
I'm about 60 miles south of Indianapolis. Pretty much right smack in the middle of between two rather large cities.

Just checking but it looks like they are out. It still lets you add to cart but no stores have stock around me 30, scratch that 250 miles out.

BB doesn't like CA, my only success with them so far has been 1x 5600x and 1x 5800x back when there were relatively frequent drops in early Dec, nada since Sept for any Ampere card and I've tried on almost every single drop...why can't NV just sell FE cards at a physical storefront in Santa Clara for us bay area folks?
Yeah I think so too, the number of Best Buys I'm willing to drive through is quite staggering (at least for one of these cards) everywhere from San Francisco to San Jose to Emeryville... but do you think they'd have sufficient stock? Nope. I mean I totally would get if this was due to not wanting people in lines due to COVID, but FFS don't just ship to regions! Or at least allocate stock to other regions you're shipping cards anyways, shipping to NV isn't that much cheaper than California.

Oh well, here in what was the technological hub of the world, we've lost Microcenter, Fry's, and our only place for in person electronics is ... Best Buy. it's no wonder brick and mortar is dying, no one wants that to be their only choice.

Yeah I think so too, the number of Best Buys I'm willing to drive through is quite staggering (at least for one of these cards) everywhere from San Francisco to San Jose to Emeryville... but do you think they'd have sufficient stock? Nope. I mean I totally would get if this was due to not wanting people in lines due to COVID, but FFS don't just ship to regions! Or at least allocate stock to other regions you're shipping cards anyways, shipping to NV isn't that much cheaper than California.

Oh well, here in what was the technological hub of the world, we've lost Microcenter, Fry's, and our only place for in person electronics is ... Best Buy. it's no wonder brick and mortar is dying, no one wants that to be their only choice.
Dude relax... don't get all pissy at BestBuy, it's not their fault allocations limited. They seem to be doing a decent job of preventing botters from swiping the cards. It sucks that there's not enough to go around but at least be realistic and somewhat relieved that some were able to score a card. And again with limited allocation these drops do not last long.

Dude relax... don't get all pissy at BestBuy, it's not their fault allocations limited. They seem to be doing a decent job of preventing botters from swiping the cards. It sucks that there's not enough to go around but at least be realistic and somewhat relieved that some were able to score a card. And again with limited allocation these drops do not last long.
I'm not pissy at Best Buy, I'm pissy that Best Buy is really the only option for computer stuff having lost two huge players in brick and mortar computer stuff.

Geez. Had an opportunity to add the 3090 FE to my cart multiple times, but no stores near me were available for pickup. If anyone who doesn't want one CAN get one and hook me up, I'd be eternally grateful. 3 months + of this shit show. I'm limited to cards 320mm in length, so was on the lookout for an ASUS or EVGA 3080 but at this point I'd take just about anything that fits.

I'm not pissy at Best Buy, I'm pissy that Best Buy is really the only option for computer stuff having lost two huge players in brick and mortar computer stuff.
There's MC, but they're stock database is a shit show. At least with BestBuy you have the luxury of getting frustrated while still in your jammies unlike MC. Where with MC you have to drive down there only to realize they sold out long ago yet they don't bother to even update the stock just to make you go to the damn store since they disabled any online ordering for these parts. I much prefer Bestbuy in comparison.

Geez. Had an opportunity to add the 3090 FE to my cart multiple times, but no stores near me were available for pickup. If anyone who doesn't want one CAN get one and hook me up, I'd be eternally grateful. 3 months + of this shit show. I'm limited to cards 320mm in length, so was on the lookout for an ASUS or EVGA 3080 but at this point I'd take just about anything that fits.
I was able to get an evga xc3 ultra 3090 that you can get from me for cost if interested.

Last edited:
There's MC, but they're stock database is a shit show. At least with BestBuy you have the luxury of getting frustrated while still in your jammies unlike MC. Where with MC you have to drive down there only to realize they sold out long ago yet they don't bother to even update the stock just to make you go to the damn store since they disabled any online ordering for these parts. I much prefer Bestbuy in comparison.
No there's not MC, they moved out of their Silicon Valley store years ago (replaced with a Walmart grocery store :( ) . That said, I wouldn't mind having to stand in line if that was the option, worst case scenario I see a line that circles around the block 3 times I can simply go home and not deal with it, but I feel like I might have a fighting chance at MC.

And yeah BB is better than other stores who only sells online only, it's only moderately better as knowing when they drop stock is really a crap shoot (sometime Tuesday morning!)

No there's not MC, they moved out of their Silicon Valley store years ago (replaced with a Walmart grocery store :( ) . That said, I wouldn't mind having to stand in line if that was the option, worst case scenario I see a line that circles around the block 3 times I can simply go home and not deal with it, but I feel like I might have a fighting chance at MC.

And yeah BB is better than other stores who only sells online only, it's only moderately better as knowing when they drop stock is really a crap shoot (sometime Tuesday morning!)
Yea MC the best chance of getting a gpu atm. If you really want one you can camp a few hours before it opens to almost guarantee a card.

No you wouldn't with MC. They still have the Tustin Socal store. Again their stock is full of crap. The only way to get a card is if you get there at 3am to beat the BS stock it shows online. And that's if there are not 10 ppl already camped out at 10pm the night before. And truth be told, ppl seem to be camping there every day now it seems so for regular folks its impossible to get one.

Had another bout of the add to cart, but not available in your area bullshit again today. Useless.

Looks like I'm getting that EVGA 3090 from doox00 if I don't find something before then. Heck yeah...so tired of looking for a card. I will definitely pay that karma forward here when the opportunity arises. I'm still in the queue for a FTW3 Ultra Gaming but was late to sign up, so no idea when I'll get the email but if I decide to keep the 3090 at that point I'll pass on the 3080 at cost.

I think some of the demand will ease when RTX 3XXX laptops will drop, those do not lend themselves to mining as easily and many folks will just buy them for gaming.

PS just managed to order a 3090 trio from amzn just coz ,may cancel it unless someone wants it for a small finder fee on one of these forums lol.
I personally don’t know anyone in PC gaming that has a gaming desktop and is looking for a RTX 3000 that would say “fuck it I’m getting the laptop instead” at any point.

I personally don’t know anyone in PC gaming that has a gaming desktop and is looking for a RTX 3000 that would say “fuck it I’m getting the laptop instead” at any point.
My brother couldn't keep his desktop working for any length of time so I got him a MSI Leopard with 9750h with a 2070M and he has been a happy camper...things like updating and tweaking BIOS settings aren't for everyone :)

My brother couldn't keep his desktop working for any length of time so I got him a MSI Leopard with 9750h with a 2070M and he has been a happy camper...things like updating and tweaking BIOS settings aren't for everyone :)
I went back and forth between high end laptop and high end desktop all throughout college. Honestly once the 3000 series gpus are in laptops, there won't be that much difference. 8 core ryzen with a 3060ti class gpu is plenty for pretty much anything. Not saying there aren't people who want more, but if people want a machine to game on, video edit, do cad, etc, laptops are finally caught up.

Yeah you and me are on way different wavelengths my man. I don't consider a 6-7 hour drive (one way) as a "reasonable" distance for me to consider it a viable option.
I wasn't implying that you drive down there lol. I meant that I have one near me and that doesn't equal it being any easier. You'd still have to camp out to even get a chance to get a card.

I wasn't implying that you drive down there lol. I meant that I have one near me and that doesn't equal it being any easier. You'd still have to camp out to even get a chance to get a card.
Yea that was my favorite haunt back in OC...remember when there was a shootout back in 2012 or something in the parking lot? Surprised there hasn't been another incident , tempers in the waiting lines must run high....

Yea that was my favorite haunt back in OC...remember when there was a shootout back in 2012 or something in the parking lot? Surprised there hasn't been another incident , tempers in the waiting lines must run high....
Old school! They started the sign in and text so ppl stop camping out, getting in line and stuff. Apparently it is getting out of hand.

NE has raised 3090 prices by 250-300 across the board...guess my Amazon MSI Trio order for 1689+tax is one of the last per old pricing...going to keep it for now to see how market shakes out...Zotac 3090 is 1750 on NE direct for reference, these were 1499 last week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210105-194302_Newegg.jpg
    Screenshot_20210105-194302_Newegg.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 0
Looks like I'm getting that EVGA 3090 from doox00 if I don't find something before then. Heck yeah...so tired of looking for a card. I will definitely pay that karma forward here when the opportunity arises. I'm still in the queue for a FTW3 Ultra Gaming but was late to sign up, so no idea when I'll get the email but if I decide to keep the 3090 at that point I'll pass on the 3080 at cost.
I have the xc3 - awesome card if you’re short on space. Cool as fuck move by doox00.

when desperate people stop buying them.
Yeah pretty much... welcome to the new norm with electronics. It used to be much desired items that were released around Christmas because the idea was there was a time crunch on getting them so more desperation, now doesn't matter "highly anticipated" means scalpers are going to try and buy, so game consoles, video cards, cpus, hell fucking monitors apparently too. Bottom line unless the supply side in some way makes it impossible for scalpers to return stuff for a refund, which would be fraught with problems and probably screw over actual purchasers, it's just going to be so easy for scalpers to do this, max out a credit card, return it before the bill is due they don't even really need the money anymore.

And the beauty/drawback of CL, is that anybody can flag for whatever reason and the listing is removed!
Had that happen to me a year or so ago, when I had listed some parts for pretty good prices.
No explanation or justification is needed. If a post gets flagged by anyone, it will get deleted.
Same thing happens on facebook marketplace and your account will be banned from marketplace for buying and selling if it happens a few times, you have to contact support to get it fixed.

Same thing happens on facebook marketplace and your account will be banned from marketplace for buying and selling if it happens a few times, you have to contact support to get it fixed.
Wow, I didn't know FB did it too. IMO, only reason to remove postings should be for prohibited items. Plus, there should be a minimum 20 flags before a post is removed, to help deter the idiots who flag because they may not like the price.

Yeah pretty much... welcome to the new norm with electronics. It used to be much desired items that were released around Christmas because the idea was there was a time crunch on getting them so more desperation, now doesn't matter "highly anticipated" means scalpers are going to try and buy, so game consoles, video cards, cpus, hell fucking monitors apparently too. Bottom line unless the supply side in some way makes it impossible for scalpers to return stuff for a refund, which would be fraught with problems and probably screw over actual purchasers, it's just going to be so easy for scalpers to do this, max out a credit card, return it before the bill is due they don't even really need the money anymore.
The supply side could recognize scalper shopping patterns and only block their returns - or block selling to them entirely - if it wanted to. But unless returns to be high enough to cause them problems would rather do nothing. Scalper money pays their bills just as well as ours does.

Wow, I didn't know FB did it too. IMO, only reason to remove postings should be for prohibited items. Plus, there should be a minimum 20 flags before a post is removed, to help deter the idiots who flag because they may not like the price.
It make sense. I couldn"t imagine the work load for people that are on charge of sorting everything out of they had valid ever claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back