Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
where have you guys had luck getting 3060 Tis? Was hoping best buy would drop some but I can make the trip to MC if necessary.

where have you guys had luck getting 3060 Tis? Was hoping best buy would drop some but I can make the trip to MC if necessary.

I got one through NE on one of their announced drops. Had to buy a nonsense bundle with 16GB of memory though.

I managed 2 on the last BB drop. Their queue system is quite nice and when they do get stock it seems like a decent amount. You just have to jump on it quick. They've had drops on the following days:
11/20
12/8
12/22

Wouldn't be surprised if the next one 1/5

figures, the first time I view this thread that a card's still in stock it's a 3090 not the 3080 I want.

OTOH 45 minutes and counting in stock does suggest that 3090 supply is finally getting in line with demand.

Anyone else get in on the amazon msi 3080 trio drop on dec 9? My order still has no eta but I read in another forum that someone had theirs shipped from the same drop weeks ago. Just wondering if anyone here got theirs from the same drop or are still waiting.

Last edited:
Anyone else get in on the amazon msi 3080 trio drop on dec 9? My order still has no eta but I read in another forum that someone had theirs shipped from the same drops weeks ago. Just wondering if anyone here got theirs from the same drop or are still waiting.

Did you change your order in anyway (like shipping speed) by any chance? Might be worth contacting Amazon but my guess is they took 300 orders (or whatever number) an have only received 200 cards yet.

Did you change your order in anyway (like shipping speed) by any chance? Might be worth contacting Amazon but my guess is they took 300 orders (or whatever number) an have only received 200 cards yet.
No I didnt change anything. Im also guessing I was just at the bottom of the queue but have no way of knowing. I thought everyone was in the same boat until someone said theirs shipped on the 16th from the same drop and my order doesnt even have an eta.

No I didnt change anything. Im also guessing I was just at the bottom of the queue but have no way of knowing. I thought everyone was in the same boat until someone said theirs shipped on the 16th from the same drop and my order doesnt even have an eta.

Same for me, but different card. I assume it is just a waiting game. At least we have orders in.

My Asus Tuf I ordered from Amazon on Dec 9, was originally slated for Feb delivery, then moved up to early Jan.
1609710956364.png

Congrats Arch! How bad is it that I looked at that though and thought. "oh, a month... that's great!". =p

Sign up for a Discord channel that sends out in stock alerts to the group membership. This is the best one I’ve joined.

https://discord.gg/JuuXeBV6

It’s not a sure thing. I’ve tried for probably 50 hours to get a 3080 before I got one. They sell out in seconds or less, but with the notifications — at least you have the possibility to compete in the fray. If you have your phone on you— logged into discord and you hear the alert you click the link, add to cart and....you almost certainly get disappointed because they’ve all been sold in the couple moments before you could check out. But the ATR discord channel has probably been the best lead I’ve found.

I was trying since launch, moral of the story is sign up for any back log or queue you can.

EVGA.com has queues on each of their cards. They move slow, but at least you have a place in line.

I think cards will become more scarce than ever because crypto mining is spinning back up for people. 3xxx cards are making nice returns.

Last edited:
Sign up for a Discord channel that sends out in stock alerts to the group membership. This is the best one I’ve joined.

It’s not a sure thing. I’ve tried for probably 50 hours to get a 3080 before I got one. They sell out in seconds or less, but with the notifications — at least you have the possibility to compete in the fray. If you have your phone on you— logged into discord and you hear the alert you click the link, add to cart and....you almost certainly get disappointed because they’ve all been sold in the couple moments before you could check out.

I was trying since launch, moral of the story is sign up for any back log or queue you can.

EVGA.com has queues on each of their cards. They move slow, but at least you have a place in line.

I think cards will become more scarce than ever because crypto mining is spinning back up for people. 3xxx cards are making nice returns.
I would have never got a card without this discord.

It’s not a sure thing. I’ve tried for probably 50 hours to get a 3080 before I got one. They sell out in seconds or less, but with the notifications — at least you have the possibility to compete in the fray. If you have your phone on you— logged into discord and you hear the alert you click the link, add to cart and....you almost certainly get disappointed because they’ve all been sold in the couple moments before you could check out.

That discord is how I got my best buy drop 3090 on October 9th.

$800 for decent video card makes me want kill myself just that much more...

glad you guys got that kinda money right now.

I'm not sure if anyone can confirm it, but I've been told that there has been a HUGE, around 20% price hike on Asus cards MSRP! Asus MSRP Hike document has some of the new ostensible prices and if this is accurate for Microcenter or anywhere else, then things look to get even worse. I'm to understand that the Asus ROG STRIX is the most desirable variant of the air cooled Nvidia cards on the high end, followed shortly behind by the EVGA FTW3, and then the rest from MSI, Gigabyte/Aorus, Zotac and the like. However, a universal price hike for Asus is insane especially at this time - not to mention they're apparently hiking the price of the "white" editions even more than the standard, when they used to equivalently priced.

If this is the case that's quite disappointing indeed, but I'd like to see some confirmation. Any insight?

RanceJustice,
Sadly -- why shouldn't they? Supply and demand. They have a product the consumer wants. Why shouldn't demand dictate price like it does everywhere else? Nvidia is watching this, you know they are. AMD too. They know they can charge more again next generation.

Unfortunately, I fell like the 3XXX series replacement will be like the Pascal was to Turing. With the 4xxx series cards from Nvidia commanding a great deal higher price.
To this point the people that are profiting off the cards the most are the scalpers, who don't add any value to the mix. Nvidia built the card, Distributers and Wholesalers and Retailers have their necessary places. But what does average joe scalper add to the mix? Why is he getting $300-$400 bucks per card? That's more profit than anyone else in the chain!?!? In fact Nvidia FE 3080 cards are supposed to be basically a break even product - certainly not $300-$400 in profit.
Nvidia and AMD you can understand would rather have that money in their pocket. Next gen 4xxx series from NVidia and 7xxx series from AMD will be a big tick up in price I suspect.
They both got into a pricewar mind game with each other this gen - and really it didn't work out well for them. We've heard from multiple sources the AIB partners make very little on their markups. So same applies to their mindset. If ASUS wants to charge $200 more, and their legal agreements with Nvidia let that fly - - then I guess they can have at it. If the market bears it, and we know it well, then they'll have their answer. In then end I'd rather the profit go to the company responsible for making said product (so they can make better products next round) than going to the random guy waking up at 4AM every day to camp the Microcenter parking lot and resell on eBay.

I'm not excited to pay more for computer gaming -- but I don't think it's avoidable with how much interest there is. Flagship products will go up in price because the market can clearly bear it. Mainstream gamers will have to start targeting midrange cards or spend $1k +. :oops:
Hopefully the demand breeds further competition - as the model of supply and demand is destined to do! (In that more companies/products/offerings join the fray!)

I find it interesting that on my Discord channels, and nowinstock.net, etc -- there really have been no 3080 drops since Christmas. Stock isn't seemingly becoming more available -- yet. Gives further reason to Asus to raise prices. They can sell every card they get for $200 more without a moments hesitation. Same for places like MicroCenter.

Last edited:
Well, if you look at ASUS' own store, most of the prices have been jacked up considerably.

https://store.asus.com/us/category/...00005-20201104PV000006?sort=sm_soldqty&page=1

Ugh, that's unfortunate. I was wondering if it was not universal given that some other sellers - Newegg and Amazon - seem to be using some of the "old" prices still, so I wasn't sure if it was something limited without actually changing the MSRP itself.

$160 price hike on the 3080 TUF Gaming? Wow... that's insane. Newegg is still showing the original price: https://www.newegg.com/asus-geforce-rtx-3080-tuf-rtx3080-10g-gaming/p/N82E16814126453

Yeah, exactly some places for the moment seem to use the original when the items, even when the items are in stock. Of course, that could all change, sadly.

Honestly, I'm not sure how Asus expects to do this across the entire line - AMD and Nvidia alike. Unless all the other companies make similar price hikes, Asus just priced themselves out of the market for the vast majority of users. I've been a big fan of Asus GPUs and I'm willing to pay the "AIB tax" for upgraded PCBs, VRMs, enhanced cooling and the like but this is above and beyond that, by a massive amount. Not to mention the further price hike on the "white editions" when they used to be the same as other STRIXes! Unless EVGA, MSI , Gigabyte/AORUS, and others all raise their prices I can't see how Asus thinks this will be a smart move; it even invites scorn from those who would otherwise wait and try to obtain their cards over other brands when they were priced competitively.

It seems it hasn't clicked yet for the more casual observers that a tornado isn't just coming, but is already here. We're headed to $1500 3080's and $800+ 3060 Ti's. The why's do not matter, the nitpicks about MSRP hikes do not matter, just grab what you can ASAP even if slightly inflated, or within 1-2 weeks it'll seem like a bargain in retrospect.

MSI, Gigabyte, ASUS, Zotac MSRP hikes - with EVGA expected soon - are only part of the problem. Mining/BTC/ETH surge comes at the perfect (worst) time and is hitting an inflection point where the demand graph will continue going more vertical over the coming days. Things don't ever necessarily happen exactly the same, but in 2017 when a single 1080Ti hit $10/day it was a massive ignition event to shortages and $1500 1080Ti's because it caught so much attention, and a single 3080 is just cresting on that point now.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm not sure how Asus expects to do this across the entire line - AMD and Nvidia alike. Unless all the other companies make similar price hikes, Asus just priced themselves out of the market for the vast majority of users.
Regardless of whatever msrp price nvidia/asus etc decided to throw on these cards they are in reality worth a lot more than that. The stock is way to low for the demand. 2080tis were 1200 bucks just a few months ago.. 3080s are much faster/better than those and they are suppose to be valued for 500 less? Nvidia knew damn well this was going to happen when they priced them like this and they also knew stock was going to suck.

Sadly -- why shouldn't they? Supply and demand.
Yeah if that's the direction they want to go, then my demand will drop to 0. When Nintendo Switches sold out in Target, Walmart, and every other store that sold them, they didn't increase the price on them, scalpers did sure, but not the actual stores nor Nintendo. That said, the airline industry has been having dynamic pricing for a while, theme parks have started in recent years as well, so to see other industries do it surprised it took this long, the problem though is that as demand falls so does the pricing, and while we have seen the occasional sale on various cards/cpus/ram/etc the sales are limited and then resume to regular pricing some part of me thinks these price hikes will not be temporary demand increases but this will be "THE PRICE" and you might see the occasional sale for 10% off (still higher than it was) making you think they are giving you a deal.

I mean I saw it last month on Zotac's sight a $460 3060ti, now it's $500. Other manufacturers probably want in on that gravy train too.

Either way, it's an absolute shitty way to treat customers basically saying the lucky ones who out botted the bots and actually got one got the MSRP experience, where as everyone else who has been waiting for them to drop ... yeah fuck you guys you're paying a premium because if scalpers are going to be the ones snatching up these cards we're going to get a cut of that action too.

Regardless of whatever msrp price nvidia/asus etc decided to throw on these cards they are in reality worth a lot more than that. The stock is way to low for the demand. 2080tis were 1200 bucks just a few months ago.. 3080s are much faster/better than those and they are suppose to be valued for 500 less? Nvidia knew damn well this was going to happen when they priced them like this and they also knew stock was going to suck.
To be fair the 2080tis were that price when they came out, and they've been out for 2 years, and they never saw a decrease in cost even though you damn well 2080tis weren't in high demand. Before all this you could literally buy any video card you wanted on the 20 series from any manufacturer, in any particular "OC'd" version, from pretty much any vendor that sold them, the demand simply was not there. If we're going to go with the whole supply/demand argument, those cards should have been HEAVILY discounted to represent demand well before Nvidia's announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back