N88eIbo.gif

-https://i.imgur.com/N88eIbo.gif
Wtf did I just watch...

Lame

Attachments

• E8248DF7-E3DC-41F9-B361-7D70DB0E48E4.jpeg
    E8248DF7-E3DC-41F9-B361-7D70DB0E48E4.jpeg
    480.9 KB · Views: 0
These emails about the product being discontinued are BS. They also sent them about an EVGA model that was being restocked elsewhere. They likely just took too many orders and couldn’t fulfill them in a reasonable amount of time so they make up a BS excuse so it doesn’t look like they’re at fault.

The app and the website went tits up for this one. Could add to cart but then it would churn for 60+ seconds before the cart would load and tell you the gpu is out of stock. Now, can’t even get 3080 combos to load and show out of stock. It’s like they don’t exist.

The app and the website went tits up for this one. Could add to cart but then it would churn for 60+ seconds before the cart would load and tell you the gpu is out of stock. Now, can’t even get 3080 combos to load and show out of stock. It’s like they don’t exist.
Its been like this for the past 10 drops. I'm pretty sure Newegg's situation has only gotten worse over time than better. Trash tier website.

this is what happens every time for me! i get it in the cart then bam no dice. im about to the point im gonna pay a scalper. i have been doing both amd an nvidia since launch it so frustrating.

Refresh non-stop until the Add to Cart button shows up. Click the Add to Cart button. Newegg indicates item has successfully been added to cart. Open the cart. Cart is empty. Go back to product page. Sold out/Out of Stock. Close Newegg.

Same shit, different day.

I'm starting to get the crazy idea to travel to the nearest Microcenter to me which is over three hours away in Georgia. Has anyone had any experience with any of the Microcenters in Georgia? Do they regularly get Ampere cards?

the fact that newegg advertised this 30 minutes prior to the drop tonight, it crashed their entire website for about 10 minutes on both pc, mobile, and app. Couldn't add anything to cart, what's new.

If walmart said they had 10 million bot attempts to buy ps5 at launch, I can only imagine how many smash newegg daily, and especially when known drop times let them really setup the hordes.

I managed an MSI 3090 off Amazon tonight right after coming up empty on the the Newegg drop. We'll see if it's fulfilled. ETA Jan 6.

I'm not sure why they didn't stagger like previous, that seemed to work much better.

Best Buy drop....may the force be with you.

System seems so broken.... I have had a 3080 in my cart multiple times now, only to be told my delivery method is no longer available. Are they depending on actual stock at the locations near me or is it based off some warehouse and it will be shipped to my store? Or does anyone know lol?

Best Buy drop....may the force be with you.
Merf :(

Missed it apparently because I gave up on the rumor 6am (pst) drop. There technically is a MSI Ventus 3060ti, but it's $470, but if I'm only $30 away from a 3070 I'll just wait until a 3070 (non-overclocked version) becomes available. But also it says not within 250 miles of my location, at least it says this on the list of products page and I don't need to go through all the crap of getting it in my cart before feeling disappointment.

edit: ok WTF... out of curiosity I clicked on change my location, and it's not available within 250 miles of my location.... unless I go 6 miles to another store then it's available. Seriously fuck best buy... fuck them with a rusty razor.

best buy is a stupid tease for most of us.

Many yellow buttons - none of them work.
1608656921162.png

1608656935819.png

1608656987396.png

Rinse and repeat until all cards say "Sold Out"

Unbelievable this is still the state of things 3 months after launch. Through the release of AMD cards, and both 2020 generation consoles, and new CPUs by AMD. It's almost like people do NOT have a shortage of money to spend during this covid season that America is raking up trillions of dollars in debt with 'needed' bailouts. :rolleyes:

Damn dude are you still trying to get a card? :(
yep...

I'm getting close at least.

I'm in the EVGA notify queues, and within the first 11 minutes on the XC3 hybrid and within the first six minutes on the FTW Ultra hybrid. And I would hope at least the six minute one should be in the next drop or two whenever that is. I also have an Amazon backorder that was orginally scheduled for Feb 15, but has been moved up to Jan 8.

So I'm in the home stretch, but I have never successfully landed a 3080 card yet. It's almost comical at this point -- if it were funny at all.

Yep, same old story here. As a human, it's somewhat straightforward to add to cart, but checkout is mostly a tease. I selected every store within reasonable driving distance (some 10 stores around me), yet none seem to have them.

Too slow? I doubt it. Just unlucky... or it's all a facade.

I'm really wondering if they're prioritizing member statuses for these drops...I'm Best Buy Elite Plus and have secured at least one thing every drop for the past month.

You can only do it for one page. If you reload or open other pages I don't think they will turn yellow again.

This could be it. I find one thing I want, click "Add to Cart" and then just let it sit there. I do this on both my computer and Best Buy app on my phone. Whichever one pops up first I go with. Surprisingly, this time I clicked "Add to Cart" second on my App and it was first to show up with the yellow "Add to Cart" button to move forward through checkout.

You can only do it for one page. If you reload or open other pages I don't think they will turn yellow again.
I had the four windows open tiled on my monitor for the four cards that were going in and out of stock.
All four windows were working properly. I'd click the yellow button and get denied every time. Like the error messages shown. I was logged into best buy - CC on file etc. Not much else I could do.

It might be as exlink said - maybe they are prioritizing their members. I don't regularly buy from bestbuy, and have no status with them.

View attachment 311571
View attachment 311572
View attachment 311573

Unbelievable this is still the state of things 3 months after launch. Through the release of AMD cards, and both 2020 generation consoles, and new CPUs by AMD. It's almost like people do NOT have a shortage of money to spend during this covid season that America is raking up trillions of dollars in debt with 'needed' bailouts. :rolleyes:

Honestly its tough but if there is any retailer doing enough shit to fight bots its best buy. I have score 2 PS5s last two drops with 0 luck anywhere else. a 3090 and 3060ti few weeks back. But failed to get 5950x so far today lol. It was out before add to cart showed up. But I have most success with them. Atleast they try to slow down bots with the queue and 2FA. Its the only place people have a remote shot these days. When you have it in cart keep hitting check out as they release more inventory. My PS5 was the same after like 10-15 times I hit checkout it went through.

I'm really wondering if they're prioritizing member statuses for these drops...I'm Best Buy Elite Plus and have secured at least one thing every drop for the past month.

This could be it. I find one thing I want, click "Add to Cart" and then just let it sit there. I do this on both my computer and Best Buy app on my phone. Whichever one pops up first I go with. Surprisingly, this time I clicked "Add to Cart" second on my App and it was first to show up with the yellow "Add to Cart" button to move forward through checkout.
I had the four windows open on the four cards that were going in an out of stock.
All four were working properly. I'd click the yellow button and get denied every time. Like the error messages shown. I was logged into best buy - CC on file etc.

It might be as exlink said that they are prioritizing their members. I don't regularly buy from bestbuy, and have no status with them.

Just want to add to what I said above, because I've done it before. If you cannot get to the final checkout page due to local stores being out of stock, I've added a cheap item like a microsd that was in stock at local store (via different tab) and it allowed me to get to the final checkout page. At this point I removed the cheap item and was able to check out with the card. I've only done this once.

Honestly its tough but if there is any retailer doing enough shit to fight bots its best buy. I have score 2 PS5s last two drops with 0 luck anywhere else. a 3090 and 3060ti few weeks back. But failed to get 5950x so far today lol. It was out before add to cart showed up. But I have most success with them. Atleast they try to slow down bots with the queue and 2FA. Its the only place people have a remote shot these days. When you have it in cart keep hitting check out as they release more inventory. My PS5 was the same after like 10-15 times I hit checkout it went through.
I kind of believe in BB ability to thwart bots. What I'm not so sure of is the smoke and mirrors act going on once you get the thing added to your cart. It all still seems like a lotto system, where a lucky random person is a winner. Either way, there's not any transparency as to what's going on behind the scenes. Which I guess is the point.

I kind of believe in BB ability to thwart bots. What I'm not so sure of is the smoke and mirrors act going on once you get the thing added to your cart. It all still seems like a lotto system, where a lucky random person is a winner. Either way, there's not any transparency as to what's going on behind the scenes. Which I guess is the point.

I disagree. They do 2FA at the end for each order. Trust me more humans get shit with BB then any other place. What are the chances of me getting 2 PS5s in 2 tries there while I failed 60-100 times everywhere else? That shows they are doing their best it is actually working for the most part. Do bots succesfully buy some? sure but the things like queue, 2FA, delayed inventory release, ship for store pickup is more then anyone else I have seen. There is nothing really shady going on behind the scenes. It works for the most part but demand is still there. Far from lotto, lot of people get it.

I literally tried for months getting a video card and BB is the only place I successfuly score few weeks back. You just have to browse their site on Tuesday after 10AM EST. They do all drops on Tuesdays it seems for CPUs and video cards.

I could have gotten another 3060ti today. But he wants a 3070 that I didn't shoot for, and I think 3060ti is a better buy anyways. I was helping him secure one. O well.

I disagree. They do 2FA at the end for each order. Trust me more humans get shit with BB then any other place. What are the chances of me getting 2 PS5s in 2 tries there while I failed 60-100 times everywhere else? That shows they are doing their best it is actually working for the most part. Do bots succesfully buy some? sure but the things like queue, 2FA, delayed inventory release, ship for store pickup is more then anyone else I have seen. There is nothing really shady going on behind the scenes. It works for the most part but demand is still there. Far from lotto, lot of people get it.

I literally tried for months getting a video card and BB is the only place I successfuly score few weeks back. You just have to browse their site on Tuesday after 10AM EST. They do all drops on Tuesdays it seems for CPUs and video cards.

I could have gotten another 3060ti today. But he wants a 3070 that I didn't shoot for, and I think 3060ti is a better buy anyways. I was helping him secure one. O well.
You're missing the point of my reply. I do believe BB are handling the bots. But I'm not so certain their solution is elegant or even makes sense despite that. If anything the presentation is misleading many to believe they have a chance. At the very least, it still seems kludgy.

Even if they let you in the door to checkout, there is no guarantee you'll get anything. It might very well be just random joe who gets to the next step. In your case, it might be your location or the fact that you really are THAT lucky. Statistically speaking, you're still in the minority.

"queue, 2FA, delayed inventory release, ship for store pickup" - none of these things matter if the item in question wasn't truly available to you in the first place. If item availability is actually based on location, as is presented, then statistically, checkout should have happened where I'm located. That has not been the case for months now.

Trust me, it's certainly not for a lack of me trying. I've been trying since launch to get a 3080 FE and have made every bit of effort as you've stated, if not more.

Great that it worked for you. You're over the hill, far away, worries behind you. The rest of us are still climbing that seemingly impossible hill. No need to rub that in as it is. If you're trying to sell us on hope, then you have a weird way of going about it.

Last edited:
Just because you can afford to purchase an expensive luxury toy in this climate does not mean everyone else is as fortunate as you There are literally millions of people who are unemployed and need some type of assistance due to this pandemic. You and I and most people on this forum looking to buy luxury toys should be thankful and not assume the government bailouts are not needed for those close to be homeless/
and? keep the politics to the subforms and stay on topic thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back