Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the email! Order placed with an affiliate code for the 5% off gave me the card for $778.99 plus tax and 17 shipping. I'm stoked! EDIT: the FTW3 Hybrid for clarification.

What is an affiliate code and how would one go about getting one?

What is an affiliate code and how would one go about getting one?
Gives you a discount and the person who owns the code a few evga bucks or some such thing.
https://www.evga.com/associates/

PS - I've seen people post about codes not working, in which case it's best to close the tab open and reopen product link.

Edit - Removed my Associates code per forum rules

Last edited:
I don’t think affiliate links are publicly allowed to be posted at [H] but you can PM your referrer discount code to another member.

My understanding is the referrer has to be a EVGA Elite member. Which basically just means you’ve bought and registered a EVGA product in the past. The buyer who uses your code gets 5% off. I’d share my referral code as well through PM — as would a lot of people on the forum I’m sure. ;)
I am going to use the EVGA affiliate code for the discord channel I follow for in-stock updates. ATR - Stonks (Average Tech Review)

He uses his referral bonuses to buy cards to review and subsequently give away in youtube subscriber raffle.

Last edited:
IMG_1873.jpeg

Popped up briefly on Amazon. Haven't seen the 3080 FTW3 on sale on Amazon (by Amazon) yet. Wonder when it'll actually get fulfilled...

For those that got an order in for the 3080 FTW3 at Amazon. They very likely oversold their initial allotment - by quite a bit. The vast majority of orders statuses I've seen posted online do not have delivery dates. I had a similar thing happen with a 3080 XC3 order I placed with Amazon back on 22-Sep. I cancelled the order on 30-Oct after it still hadn't shipped. From my understanding, those that stuck with the orders finally got theirs around the 2nd week of November. That was approximately a 6-7 week wait. Could very likely be the same situation here.

Just got an EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING order in at Amazon. Finally, after weeks of trying. Pre-ordered the EK waterblock for it too.
I'm going to go with the Heatkiller V block.

Unfortunately, I'm going to return my 3090 TUF OC - I just don't deal well with coil whine even if its only moderate and not severe. When you slap a waterblock on a card that has audible coil whine with the stock cooler it'll likely only get worse with a waterblock.

For those that got an order in for the 3080 FTW3 at Amazon. They very likely oversold their initial allotment - by quite a bit. The vast majority of orders statuses I've seen posted online do not have delivery dates. I had a similar thing happen with a 3080 XC3 order I placed with Amazon back on 22-Sep. I cancelled the order on 30-Oct after it still hadn't shipped. From my understanding, those that stuck with the orders finally got theirs around the 2nd week of November. That was approximately a 6-7 week wait. Could very likely be the same situation here.
I'd rather wait 6 weeks and get a guaranteed card at this point than continue having to troll discord bots all day. Guess we'll see.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably go with the FTW hybrid seeing as it'll likely be much sooner. I swore I'd never use AIOs again due to pump noise, but I suppose I could always wait awhile and step up to 3090 FTW if the noise is that bad.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably go with the FTW hybrid seeing as it'll likely be much sooner. I swore I'd never use AIOs again due to pump noise, but I suppose I could always wait awhile and step up to 3090 FTW if the noise is that bad.
Highly unlikely lol. EVGA's queues have been taking FOREVER.

I’ve never had any AIO with pump noise. If the pump is audible the thing is defective.

Ive owned and used long term. (A year or more, most of these 2-3 years)
H60
H80
H110 (240mm)
Deep Cool Captain Genome (360mm)
AMD Fury X (2x)

When I had the Fury X in CrossFire I had the H80 on my CPU, so that's three at the same time and it was silent except the rad fans on the Fury X pair could still get loud when they were crypo mining, but absent that no gurggle or hum, or bubble noise even with three separate AIO in the same machine. My experience was so good with all of these that I'd take a AIO card in a heartbeat over air cooled. The fact that EVGA's hydro cards are about the same price as their aircooled. Yes please.

As far as reliabiliy, I've not had one fail yet - even my original H60 still works on my friends machine who bought it in like 2013 from me.

Not one of them made a sound that was audible anywhere except your ear immediately next to it. I always liked AIO because it is quiet. I don’t even like platter drive clicks and clacks so I have none of those. All my fans spin at 900 RPM or less and are basically silent too.

What kind of noise were you hearing?

Last edited:
I’ve never had any AIO with pump noise. If the pump is audible the thing is defective.

H60
H80
H110 (240mm)
Deep Cool Captain Genome (360mm)
AMD Fury X (2x)

Even my original H60 still works on my friends machine who bought it.

Not one of them made a sound that was audible anywhere except your ear immediately next to it. I always liked AIO because it is quiet. I don’t even like platter drive clicks and clacks so I have none of those. All my fans spin at 900 RPM or less and are basically silent too.

I’ve never had pump noise but I did have 3/3 EVGA 1080ti hybrids crap the bucket all after a month. I was too spiteful to spend the shipping for RMA so I spliced the hoses and hooked them up to my custom loop lol.

I’ve had mixed results with AIOs. Some last for eternity and others... not so much.

I'm 3 seconds away from last person to get an email for 10G-P5-3898-KR. Kinda hoping I might get my email this week tbh, but we'll see.

H60
H80
H110
Deep Cool Captain Genome 360MM RAD
AMD Fury X (2x)

Even my original H60 still works on my friends machine who bought it.

I owned an H80 along time ago... I wouldn't mind the noise during gaming, but I work in a very quiet setting and it used to drive me insane. Moreoever, I had tubes down with the rad stil higher than the pump but I'd still hear a faint noise from time to time. I'm probably exaggerating how bad it was, but I run my fans much lower than 900rpm. Lastly, the reviewer (linked below) shows 40db using his watch on an XC3 HYBRID, so I'm not the only one sensitive to this stuff haha.

Like I said, worse case scenario I can step up to the 3090 FTW. Anyway thanks for your input and I'll hope for the best. :)

I’ve never had pump noise but I did have 3/3 EVGA 1080ti hybrids crap the bucket all after a month. I was too spiteful to spend the shipping for RMA so I spliced the hoses and hooked them up to my custom loop lol.

I’ve had mixed results with AIOs. Some last for eternity and others... not so much.
hmmmm
either i've been lucky
or you've been unlucky!

Mine have never even given me a hint of trouble.
Two different cases. Cosmos 1010, and Thermaltake P3.

MissJ84

timestamp 2:25
haha -- I don't hear the problem. Are you hearing something there? When the gunfighting kicks in and I hear his laughing -- I had turned it up - that was obnoxiously loud at the same volume that I can't make out a problem with the AIO.

40dB is approximately 20dB less volume than something like the Asus Tuf - which is considered a great 3080 air cooling solution. That's around the ground floor in most rooms unless you have acoustic treatments. You must have super human ears. :p
My JBL 306 306P active studio monitors make a tiny hiss sound that is far more audible than my current AIO 360 RAD. (and even in far more audible - I mean barely audible -- in my case - but I can actually hear a tiny hiss from the monitors - where as I can't hear the AIO).

Truly, maybe you're hearing something I can't. I'm 41. Can't hear much above 15Khz these days. If it's something really high pitched I would not hear it.

Last edited:
Oh wow... so like the most expensive video card out there, that really is only aimed at a tiny percentage of the market actually has some in stock? I mean yay if you want to drop $1800+tax on a video card, and no offense to those who have, but yah the rest of us sane folks are looking a little lower on the food chain... ones that should have quite literally hundreds for every 3090.
so you're not impressed then?

Anyone hear anything about evga actually sell the hydro copper 3080s? I would grab one instead of waiting for a 3080 ti if they finally started taking orders for it.

Anyone hear anything about evga actually sell the hydro copper 3080s? I would grab one instead of waiting for a 3080 ti if they finally started taking orders for it.
No ETA or recent updates from EVGA. Last update we had from the beginning of this month was that they were delayed by “weeks” and that we won’t see them before the end of the year. Current assumption is sometime in January.

No ETA or recent updates from EVGA. Last update we had from the beginning of this month was that they were delayed by “weeks” and that we won’t see them before the end of the year. Current assumption is sometime in January.
Booo

TBH, EVGA needs to stop the queue system, it's doing more damage than good.
They're still on 9/17 but sending cards to their distributors like Amazon and Newegg for scalpers to purchase.
I mean, wasn't the queue made to stop them? EVGA is still supporting scalping by sending the cards out instead of fulfilling legit queued customers.

They're still on 9/17 but still sending cards to their distributors like Amazon and Newegg for scalpers to purchase.
I mean, wasn't the queue made to stop them? EVGA is still supporting scalping by sending the cards out instead of fulfilling legit queued orders.
They probably have contracts with their distribiter and have pre allocated them already. Doubt they have many allocated to their site.

They probably have contracts with their distribiter and have pre allocated them already. Doubt they have many allocated to their site.
I know that to be the case and the reason they need to stop the system. It's dangling carrots.
They can see for example: This week- 300 to Newegg, 250 to Amazon, 400 to Microcenter, 200 to Best buy and 5 to EVGA website.
Just looking at the numbers, it's not worth it to make your customers wait months and lose customer confidence.

Last edited:
They're still on 9/17 but sending cards to their distributors like Amazon and Newegg for scalpers to purchase.
I mean, wasn't the queue made to stop them? EVGA is still supporting scalping by sending the cards out instead of fulfilling legit queued customers.

Yar, it is an ugly look. The queue system was a nice idea in theory, but its really triggered their fanbase (at least going by their community forum).

What EVGA needs to do is send out a “reminder/still interested” email every couple weeks for people signed up for notifications. Make it so that people have 48 hours to re-confirm they’re still interested in purchasing the card they’re in queue for.

Because I’m willing to bet you could take off a few thousand people from all the SKU queues combined who have purchased a card and no longer are interested to be in the queue. Most of these people are too lazy or don’t care enough to remove themselves off the queue(s) once they’re done looking for a card. Causing exponentially longer queue times for others still waiting.

What evga needs to do is stop selling directly to three consumer if they're going to have different rules. Contracts to vendors? Dafuq? I'm not able to preorder a card so why should a vendor? Bottom line is evga makes more money selling directly to you because there is no middleman and they sell for the same price as the vendors

What evga needs to do is stop selling directly to three consumer if they're going to have different rules. Contracts to vendors? Dafuq? I'm not able to preorder a card so why should a vendor? Bottom line is evga makes more money selling directly to you because there is no middleman and they sell for the same price as the vendors
Most likely have to fulfill existing contract requirements that predate the Ampere launch. It would also hurt future relations with these vendors which would continue after this whole shortage eventually ends.

I know that to be the case and the reason they need to stop the system. It's dangling carrots.
They can see for example: This week- 300 to Newegg, 250 to Amazon, 400 to Microcenter, 200 to Best buy and 5 to EVGA website.
Just looking at the numbers, it's not worth it to make your customers wait months and lose customer confidence.

I just dropped my queue positions. I will skip this generation of cards unless I happen to see one in stock and easy to purchase. Good luck.

Well I’m back on the hunt as well. Returned the 3090 TUF. Which is a shame since I got a good deal on it ($1350).

I just couldn’t accept the level of coil whine with that card (apparently ASUS has very common coil whine issues with the 3000 series, both STRIX and TUF). I have a custom loop for the sole purpose of having a dead silent PC. Having even moderate levels of coil whine ruins the silence I strive for with the custom loop.

Most likely have to fulfill existing contract requirements that predate the Ampere launch. It would also hurt future relations with these vendors which would continue after this whole shortage eventually ends.

Exactly. They probably have a legal obligation. If not, it would put them in a bad position moving forward.

Well I’m back on the hunt as well. Returned the 3090 TUF. Which is a shame since I got a good deal on it ($1350).

I just couldn’t accept the level of coil whine with that card (apparently ASUS has very common coil whine issues with the 3000 series, both STRIX and TUF). I have a custom loop for the sole purpose of having a dead silent PC. Having even moderate levels of coil whine ruins the silence I strive for with the custom loop.
Thanks for not pawning it off on some unsuspecting sucker. Respect.

Edit: Although BB probably will...

Thanks for not pawning it off on some unsuspecting sucker. Respect.

Edit: Although BB probably will...
They'll probably sell it as open box. So someone who can stand coil whine more than I may get a decent deal for probably $50-100 off MSRP.

Coil whine is such a hard thing to pin down. Would be a great topic for an in-depth article on one of the hardware sites. I for one would like to learn more about it, ie is there any way to predict it, certain components or combinations that are likely to cause it, etc.

Last edited:
Coil whine is such a hard thing to pin down. Would be a great thing for an in-depth article on one of the hardware sites. I for one would like to learn more about it, ie is there any way to predict it, certain components or combinations that are likely to cause it, etc.
From what I gathered coil whine can impact any card. My 1080 Ti FTW3 with a waterblock has very minor coil whine but it doesn’t bother me. The 3090 TUF I had was much more noticeable and that was without the waterblock that would probably make it worse.

Some cards may have a higher probability of possessing it; ASUS and the FE cards seem to be more common culprits for the 3000 series. But other than that from what I gathered there are so many variables and the fact much of it is just purely a lottery, that it’s unlikely possible to identify ideal situations to prevent coil whine.

Reactions: Epos7
like this

N88eIbo.gif

-https://i.imgur.com/N88eIbo.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back