Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
unknown.png

FYI

Well, if this drags on I recommend trying the little shop in a week or two. Like I said, they had 3x 3080 in stock and about 15-20 or order to be received on the 17th, but it looks like those have all been allocated and sold out (currently only 2x 3070s in stock: https://secure.jncs.com/php2/gpu.php). Just keep an eye on availability on their website, if they show any available for purchase or preorder, call them if during their business hours (9-5:30 est) else send an email with Name, Address, Phone number, and part#/qty/price from the website, then call first thing following morning (9am est) to confirm order an provide payment info. I did the latter as I only found them last night. Worked a treat and they shipped same day. Price is a bit over MRSP, but if you're not in NY state the lack of sales tax makes up for that.

1607733189952.png

Be nice if these sites had an option to only show what was in stock. I'd like to see how absolutely fucking empty they really are.

Nod. Some inventories aren't listed online. You have to go to the store to know (;
I picked up a 3060 Ti today from BB. Stock wasn't listed online. Got lucky.
Interesting! I'll have to start checking my Best Buy now. Thanks for the tip!

I stopped by my local Best Buy today and as expected they had no cards. It was busy so I wasn't able to ask if they would be getting any or if they had gotten any in at all previously. Do the Best Buys that get the cards in store put them on store shelves or do you have to ask an employee to get them from the back for you? I ask because I didn't see an area on shelves with a price tag for any Ampere cards.

Local Micro Center showed 3070s and 3080s in stock Saturday morning. I threw my unopened 3060 ti and receipt in the car and made the 40 minute drive. Figured I would return what I had and get what I actually wanted. When I got there, people were queued up like it was fucking Disney World and it was raining. I drove through the parking lot and back home without even stopping. Will try again one more time and if I don't succeed, installing the 3060 and hoping I can move up with EVGA's Step-up program within 90 days. Life is hard.

Local Micro Center showed 3070s and 3080s in stock Saturday morning. I threw my unopened 3060 ti and receipt in the car and made the 40 minute drive. Figured I would return what I had and get what I actually wanted. When I got there, people were queued up like it was fucking Disney World and it was raining. I drove through the parking lot and back home without even stopping. Will try again one more time and if I don't succeed, installing the 3060 and hoping I can move up with EVGA's Step-up program within 90 days. Life is hard.

Which model did you get and how much did Microcenter charge? Wondering which models are going out.

I stopped by my local Best Buy today and as expected they had no cards. It was busy so I wasn't able to ask if they would be getting any or if they had gotten any in at all previously. Do the Best Buys that get the cards in store put them on store shelves or do you have to ask an employee to get them from the back for you? I ask because I didn't see an area on shelves with a price tag for any Ampere cards.
Same result at my local Best Buy. Asked an employee, they said they have never received store stock for Ampere cards yet.

so tonight newegg had over 20 different gpus that showed up in stock between the 3080 and 6800xt and non, at 8pm, when they also sent out a tweet announcing it. The tweet went out at 8pm est, but I was already in the website refreshing before the tweet even came out to try and buy a card, as I had been since roughtly 6:45pm this evening. Instantly, before 8:00:10 (yes ten seconds) - every single gpu was already sold out, and unable to add to cart. I literally clicked 20 gpus in 10 seconds and not a single one would go to cart, every single one gave me and opps, no inventory nag screen. Now I was sitting at my pc, refreshing nonstop coming up to the 8pm hour, and when i saw so many 3080 combos and 6800 xt's available I almost shit myself, the most I've seen in the widest variety since launch of either card, and they were all sold instantaneously, across the board. I know humans can click fast, but in the time someone would have taken to see the tweet, click the link, and add to cart, i had already tried to add every gpu to cart and they were already sold out, Which means they were added to cart, and the transactions were completed on every single one of them before I clicked the second they were available. The number of bots that are cleaning out inventory must still be 95% of gpus being sold right now. I know a handful of people here and there managed to get one on launch day, and from retail stores that brought some in. But I don't know a single person where I live, that has been able to acquire one from a legitimate online business within 100$ of their prospective products price point, hadocpers excluded.

TLDR: Stock is a god damn shit show, and it has gotten worse, not better.

The page shows "Add to Cart" even though the card is already sold. The trick is to get it before anything is announced.

so tonight newegg had over 20 different gpus that showed up in stock between the 3080 and 6800xt and non, at 8pm, when they also sent out a tweet announcing it. The tweet went out at 8pm est, but I was already in the website refreshing before the tweet even came out to try and buy a card, as I had been since roughtly 6:45pm this evening. Instantly, before 8:00:10 (yes ten seconds) - every single gpu was already sold out, and unable to add to cart. I literally clicked 20 gpus in 10 seconds and not a single one would go to cart, every single one gave me and opps, no inventory nag screen. Now I was sitting at my pc, refreshing nonstop coming up to the 8pm hour, and when i saw so many 3080 combos and 6800 xt's available I almost shit myself, the most I've seen in the widest variety since launch of either card, and they were all sold instantaneously, across the board. I know humans can click fast, but in the time someone would have taken to see the tweet, click the link, and add to cart, i had already tried to add every gpu to cart and they were already sold out, Which means they were added to cart, and the transactions were completed on every single one of them before I clicked the second they were available. The number of bots that are cleaning out inventory must still be 95% of gpus being sold right now. I know a handful of people here and there managed to get one on launch day, and from retail stores that brought some in. But I don't know a single person where I live, that has been able to acquire one from a legitimate online business within 100$ of their prospective products price point, hadocpers excluded.

TLDR: Stock is a god damn shit show, and it has gotten worse, not better.
What no one is talking about, buyers that were playing the F5 game are now using bots as well.
They aren't listing them on eBay, but rather getting one for themselves and their friends or for people on forums/discords.

Scalpers vs Desperation
We all lose.

What no one is talking about, buyers that were playing the F5 game are now using bots as well.
They aren't listing them on eBay, but rather getting one for themselves and their friends or for people on forums/discords.

Scalpers vs Desperation
We all lose.
I wouldn't call it a loss, they're saving me money. Would be nice to upgrade when I wanted to but, hey its the state of the world now days & Burger King stopped making it our way decades ago.

Scalpers vs Desperation
We all lose.
My son has been telling me to buy a sneaker bot for a few weeks now, cause he knows he'll get my old card when I finally upgrade, they're under 100$ to license out for a month. I could probably secure a card in a week with one, however it's all bullshit to me.

Yar, not really a fan of the drops. Too much frustration, and it feels like I'm more likely to overpay on something or grab a GPU that I wasn't really interested in just because its available.

Rather just sign up for the EVGA queue (the 3080 hybrid FTW goes on notify again 12-16 @ 9am PT, btw) and wait that out.

I've also got a preorder in - so hopefully I'll get something in the next couple of months.

My 3080 arrived today, a day early. I really lucked out finding that little computer store with stock last Friday. I had been playing the refresh game for weeks :(

I'm cancelling my EVGA allocations. Good luck everyone.

My son has been telling me to buy a sneaker bot for a few weeks now, cause he knows he'll get my old card when I finally upgrade, they're under 100$ to license out for a month. I could probably secure a card in a week with one, however it's all bullshit to me.
Your son is thinking in 2020! We are think in 2010 unfortunately.

You have a career/business, have to spend time with the family, rest etc.
What's $100 to get it now? Rather than wait for hours that could equal days with no luck. That's how most people are thinking.

Your son is thinking in 2020! We are think in 2010 unfortunately.

You have a career/business, have to spend time with the family, rest etc.
What's $100 to get it now? Rather than wait for hours that could equal days with no luck. That's how most people are thinking.
He actually told me to sneaker bot it launch week after the day 1 fiasco of the 3080 launch but i was naive. Certainly i can just buy a card in the next few weeks/months before cp2077 came out. Apparently i know fuckall about shady graphics card companies after 30 years building pcs

Scalpers vs Desperation
We all lose.

Yup, it's the Red Queen's Race. 😭

If anyone lives near a Microcenter, stock is ramping up these past couple weeks. A shipment of 30+ 3080s a couple times a week.

PSA: JNCS has 3090s in stock despite the website saying other wise. The gentlemen I talked to actually said they had a lot. Call in to order. EVGA 3090 FTW3 ultra headed to my house today. They are a little higher priced, $150 over msrp, but they don't charge sales tax since they are a small outfit. So it's the same price if you had to buy from somewhere else with tax. 585-388-8780. Hope this makes someone's Christmas! We all need a little cheer this year. Good luck!!

Edit: posted on page 69... Nice 😎

Last edited:
Tried to do Best Buy's supposed "Tuesday morning dump" but 6am PST just wasn't going to happen, not sure if it ever happened, but yeah no bueno

Tried to do Best Buy's supposed "Tuesday morning dump" but 6am PST just wasn't going to happen, not sure if it ever happened, but yeah no bueno
Speaking of which can anyone confirm if they've had a recent drop? I follow the Tech Restock bot on Twitter that is supposed to tweet out when Best Buy gets stock but it hasn't got a hit from Best Buy in a few weeks if not longer.

Speaking of which can anyone confirm if they've had a recent drop? I follow the Tech Restock bot on Twitter that is supposed to tweet out when Best Buy gets stock but it hasn't got a hit from Best Buy in a few weeks if not longer.
Last Tuesday during the 6900 XT launch. They dropped many Ampere, Big Navi, and Zen 3 SKUs.

Last Tuesday during the 6900 XT launch. They dropped many Ampere, Big Navi, and Zen 3 SKUs.
Yup seems to coincide with me actually clicking something, but then not wanting to play the waiting game for the button to actually change to "add to cart".. probably should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back