Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems some Microcenters got as many as 100 x EVGA 3080's in this morning. There was also a massive ASUS TUF 3080 drop on Amazon this morning, that lasted 5-7min (yes that's massive). Unfortunately there's never any forewarning on those. Ampere supply was promised to "pick up" second half of December, and that may be starting.

In other news, Newegg just implemented a change that has broken the popular auto-checkout bots - I see the devs scrambling to find workarounds, but they're still broken as of this writing (I *think* the security has to do with the geolocation of your IP at checkout needing to roughly correlate with your shipping address, but I'm not sure yet). Why this is meaningful is if the new security holds at least until today's (potential) 4-4:30PM Newegg drop, you may have a better better chance than usual of snagging something today.
Damn! I was in a meeting when I saw that Amazon alert and couldn't react quickly so I didn't even bother... much regraets

Good news regarding the Newegg update!

There was also a massive ASUS TUF 3080 drop on Amazon this morning, that lasted 5-7min (yes that's massive).
I'm sure the arrival date will move up, but they have February delivery dates.

1607537167382.png

I got a discord notification a few minutes before 9:30 AM EST and to my surprise it only took three or four attempts to successfully check out.
Congrats! I would be surprised if you don't have it in your hands in next few weeks, the dates do tend to move up. However since Amazon doesn't charge you until it ships, a decent strategy is to try buying any other interesting drops that come along in hopes one will ship sooner, then canceling the other orders once something ships (or hooking up [H] forum members for a fair price).

Last edited:
I got a discord notification a few minutes before 9:30 AM EST and to my surprise it only took three or four attempts to successfully check out.
What discord channel if you don't mind me asking? The channels I'm currently using didn't give me any notification at all.

I'm hoping so, since there were no 3080 drops yesterday (only 3060ti/3070) and the have been dropping something almost every day.
Sounds good, I'll keep an eye out.
I'm guessing it's 4 pm Pacific time?

Finally managed to get a 3070, but it wasn't easy!

Tried beating the botters at their own game, but had no luck. I also had my bot watching for PS5/Xbox Series X (as gifts). I managed to score two PS5 (one for a gift), and traded the other for a 3070. Take that, scalpers!

Site and app went down for a moment and now it's up, but don't see anything in stock still?

I saw a few add to cart buttons but none worked. Been keeping an eye out for 3060s and 3070s for coworkers.

There were 3 MSI 3080 combos available. Added one into cart, paypal... "Oops! It's not you it's us!" error. Try again... same thing. Then item removed from cart. Add the a different one... website down "http../1.1 Service Unavailable". By the time it came back everything was gone.

Mobile app never showed in stock.

sigh

So is it over? Both me and my wife been trying for 25 minutes.. We didn't see any in stock, that's with constantly looking.

So is it over? Both me and my wife been trying for 25 minutes.. We didn't see any in stock, that's why constantly looking.
Nope. More trickling out. 5950x still hasn't been posted. I wouldn't give up 'til 5.

I still see some trickling but they're gone quickly.
Do you work for newegg? Been following people's guides in here and haven't seen single card in stock while having cards in wishlist and refreshing (2 people)

It seems like the Newegg app lags the website by quite a bit. Is that other people’s experience?

I saw one ASUS RTX 3070 for sale at 4PM, but as soon as the page loaded (took almost a minute) it was sold out.

Damn, actually could add a 3060ti, but I can't see spending $460 for a $400 card, after taxes it's $500 and that's a hard pill to swallow when the 3070 (at least 'regular ones') are $500

Geezus, $60 premium for the 3060ti, but only $50 for the 3070... still, meh. I can wait. I doubt that 15% increase in price in any way translates to 15% performance.

I am so stupidly tempted by the 3090. I would be paying the premium (over the 3080) just for the sake of instant satisfaction...I’m trying to figure out how fiscally responsible I want to be....

I am so stupidly tempted by the 3090. I would be paying the premium (over the 3080) just for the sake of instant satisfaction...I’m trying to figure out how fiscally responsible I want to be....
If I'm dropping the cash down for a 3090, I probably wouldn't go with Zotac. I'd personally get the ASUS TUF, Nvidia Founders Edition, EVGA XC3, or MSI Ventus before the Zotac Trinity at around the same price.

You know the old saying, if you have to ask yourself if you can afford it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back