Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we have this abortion of a thread that has nothing to do with being in stock.
That wasn't the question. Did you (or they) find out about stock from this thread?
Newegg restock in 25min at 4pm PST. Use the Newegg phone app + ideally Apple Pay for fastest checkout time. Only realistic shot is one of the Combo's. "But I don't want a combo I just want the card" - too bad, just pay the $15 return shipping to return the unwanted Memory/PSU/MB after you receive the GPU. You might get lucky and they ship the combo items separately, just refuse the unwanted combo item. Good luck.

3060 Ti Combo's: (possibly 4PM PST): https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=3060+combo&N=8000
3070 Combo's (possibly 4PM PST): https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=3070+combo&N=8000
3080 Combo's (4:20PM or 4:30PM PST): https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=3080+combo&N=8000&LeftPriceRange=0+1200
3090 Combo's (unknown): https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=3090+combo&N=8000

View attachment 305766
Holy fucking shit. I actually got an order through for a 3060Ti.
:D

Happy you got a card, man!

I realize that with as ridiculous this launch has been, the likelihood of getting a card from a forum thread is slim. But look - DPI posted a heads up and some people ended up getting cards. Every little advantage helps. And it will keep getting better/easier, little by little. Every time a small drop of cards is sucked up by the masses, that’s that many fewer people who are looking to buy and competing for them.

For those that don't know about the Apple pay technique for New Egg:

1. Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone. Make sure your credit card is rock solid.

2. Download the NewEgg app onto your iPhone.

3. Make sure you set your NewEgg app to keep you logged in, or use the fastest method to relog you in.

4. Do a small test purchase using your Apple Pay to ensure it's working prior to going hunting for the RTX cards and work out any kinks in the process. Make sure you address is set up, phone numbers, etc. Apple pay should basically be 1 click and your done.

Once that's done, we go to purchasing the card.

1. Go to Now In Stock and monitor THE CHAT. Ignore their in stock alerts. It's on the bottom of the page.

https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/rtx3080/

2. Monitor the New Egg Twitter as they release drop times...most of the time.

3. New Egg drops at 4PM PST (7PM EST). Right now, they are staggering their releases. 4PM for the 3060ti. 4:10PM for the 3080 or 3070. It switches up but it seems to be about 10 minutes apart. Keep the Now In Stock window open and monitor the chat as they leak which combos will be available there.

4. Individual cards aren't dropping on NewEgg. You have to find the combos. Search 3080 Combo (or which ever one you want) in the New Egg App.

5. Add the combo to your wish list. Make it a new wish list.

6. (OPTIONAL) Log out and log back in 10 minutes before the drop.

7. Go to your wishlist, and click on the list with the combo. Becareful as NewEgg is canceling orders with multiple combos in it. So choose a single combo per wishlist.

8. At exactly 4PM PST, click on the picture of the item within your wish list.

9. IMMEDIATELY go back to the wishlist. It will now read Add to Cart at the bottom.

(You may have to repeat steps 8 and 9 a couple of times).

10. Click Add All Items on the wish to your cart.

11. Click Apple Pay to check out.

Everything should auto populate, and you should have a lot better chance to get the card than F5ing. Tonight was my first time using this technique, and I scored the card I was looking for.

Last edited:
Sorry I got two combos of these but ones going to my buddy =(

I pretty much F5'd the combos page and remembered my credit card security code and it went through quickly. Went back and it was still available for add to cart so was able to snag a second one. Wanted to grab one more for someone here but only the board was in stock.

I did the same thing but they never showed up as in stock for me. Glad you were able to get one though. At least someone who isn't a scalper got one.

Look on the bright side, I won't be going for one so that's one less other person to compete with!

The bright side is now two people who arent scalpers got one. Im happy for both of you, even though I have a little bit of envy ;)

Hey all, Overland Park microcenter has 30 some 3060's. Ventus, msi trio, and zotac.
They also got four 5950's! Well, three after the one I'm getting.
Good luck all

Posted this in the nVidia thread as well but our local chain got a bunch of cards in yesterday. I was able to pick up a 3080 XC3 Ultra after only a week on the in-store waiting list. They received 100+ Zotac 3070s as well, with 3070s and 3090s on shelves and 3080s on a ~1-2 week delay. They charge a small B&M premium which I don't mind too much. They mentioned supply is improving a lot; unfortunately they have gotten radio silence on AMD GPUs with nary a unit to be seen anywhere. NVIDIA RTX 30 Series Information (centralcomputer.com)

Newegg claims they will not be dropping anything over the weekend, so probably safe to reserve your F5 to other sources :)

Which EVGA combo? I had all of them in my wishlist and refreshed for a good 40 minutes.

Just snagged a 3060ti Founders Edition from Best Buy (must pick up at store) for $433.39 (tax included)
FYI - bought for a friend and he backed out so I'll be selling or returning

Last edited:
EVGA notifications going out today, check your spam folder.

unknown.png

Last edited:
I signed up for the 3090 XC3 Ultra Hybrid on 11/13/2020 12:36 PM EST. Got my notification today and placed the order:

EVGA3090Hybrid.PNG

What I really want is the 3080 FTW3 Ultra Copper, but I guess this will hold me over until then. Figured I can sell this one for close to what I have in it when the time comes.

Well, I missed the 3080s during the newegg drop that just occurred (did not see any forewarning on twitter this time)... just happened to be watching in case they did a 3070/3080 stagger again. But then looked around and saw they were also dropping zen3's, so I picked up a 5600x using paypal :p

It was a combo with that hideous warhawk ram they have been pushing, but when i added the combo to my cart the ram got tossed for being out of stock and i was able to get the CPU by itself :LOL: (assuming order does not get cancelled...)

Seems that the combo drops were a bit limited on the RTX side tonight. I did see people getting card on Now in Stock though.

Reactions: D-S
like this
That's how I ended up with just the 3060, had the combo in my wishlist, hit add all to cart, ended up with just the card and no psu.
It was a combo with that hideous warhawk ram they have been pushing, but when i added the combo to my cart the ram got tossed for being out of stock and i was able to get the CPU by itself :LOL: (assuming order does not get cancelled...)

Well, I just scored an ASUS RTX 3090 TUF OC from Best Buy. Used a variety of coupons (10% birthday) and rewards certificates to get it down to...$1345.

I don't feel so bad that I missed the 6900 XT this morning now. Picking up the TUF 3090 on Saturday and will return my 3090 FE at the same time. Almost impossible to find a waterblock for the FE at this point and I paid less for the TUF 3090 so win-win for me!

Bestbuy has a new queue system and is not even giving the option to ship the product. It's pickup only so even if you're able to add the card to your cart you still need to be lucky enough to have a store that has the card in stock. It's so stupid.

Reactions: D-S
like this
Bestbuy has a new queue system and is not even giving the option to ship the product. It's pickup only so even if you're able to add the card to your cart you still need to be lucky enough to have a store that has the card in stock. It's so stupid.
The stores don't have the stock on hand at the time of purchase. When I was adding the 3090 it said it was unavailable both in store and online. But once I went through checkout I selected my store and was able to proceed. The pick-up won't be ready until Saturday so its definitely being shipped to the store.

But Best Buy is doing something funky with which stores get the allocations.

Well, I just scored an ASUS RTX 3090 TUF OC from Best Buy. Used a variety of coupons (10% birthday) and rewards certificates to get it down to...$1345.

I don't feel so bad that I missed the 6900 XT this morning now. Picking up the TUF 3090 on Saturday and will return my 3090 FE at the same time. Almost impossible to find a waterblock for the FE at this point and I paid less for the TUF 3090 so win-win for me!
I’m tempted to buy that 3090 FE off of you...

Anyone near Des Moines? I ordered a 3080 Vision but I had to pick a store 125 miles from my house. FML

I’m tempted to buy that 3090 FE off of you...
Someone asked me to sell it instead of return it in a different thread. After thinking about it a bit, $1500 is just a bit too much for me to gamble on with an online sale and PayPal's lackluster seller "protection". If you were local I'd be more than happy to, but it looks like we're quite far (I'm on the East Coast). Nothing against you personally of course, it'd be the same situation for anyone else trying to buy it from me. :p

The stores don't have the stock on hand at the time of purchase. When I was adding the 3090 it said it was unavailable both in store and online. But once I went through checkout I selected my store and was able to proceed. The pick-up won't be ready until Saturday so its definitely being shipped to the store.

But Best Buy is doing something funky with which stores get the allocations.

Fuck this BestBuy system... Every single card that became available was "Unavailable within 250 miles" :confused:

1607445670966.png

Managed to add to cart at times, but then can't select a store and get stuck here unable to select a store until it becomes out of stock. Am I missing something?

1607445402690.png

Landed a 3080 XC3 this morning at Best Buy for a Indianapolis, IN area Best Buy pickup. I am guessing Best Buy is avoiding holiday shipping to avoid that mess and allocating stock as warehouses get them to near by stores as people place the order? I am told it be ready on Sunday, so not something I can get today/tomorrow. Also had a friend land the same card, but lives an hour north of IND and its being delivered to his local Best Buy....so has to be some local warehouse/distribution allocation.

Reactions: flotz
like this
Fuck this BestBuy system... Every single card that became available was "Unavailable within 250 miles" :confused:

Managed to add to cart at times, but then can't select a store and get stuck here unable to select a store until it becomes out of stock. Am I missing something?

View attachment 306830
This is what I was saying... Bestbuy sucks right now. I was trying to buy a 5900x today and this exact thing happened to me.

Landed a 3080 XC3 this morning at Best Buy for a Indianapolis, IN area Best Buy pickup.
Hoosier ftw! Managed to get a 3080 XC3 added to my cart but then said "Unavailable within 250 miles". You two must have gotten the 2 cards that were delivered to BB!

So got a 3070 FE instead.

Missed on the Best Buy drop, they were all shipping to stores again? It's so weird. I can buy other items from them and they all can ship to the house. I wonder why they decided to go this route with the cards. Struck out on the 3060ti FE last time due to all stores coming in and out from available to not available, happened for a good hour or so before OOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back