Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so a local store had them? Any idea how many?
I mean it’s being fulfilled at Best Buy locally in a week so probably no stock. I was probably wrong that they had stock, but I did see Microceter has them retail

You need to race because they seem to limit how many are allocated to certain regions/stores.

I fought with their system for a 3060Ti and a 5900X. Both let me add to cart but when it came to the checkout, it wouldn't let me pick any store near me.

So if you pass the "second click" is it in any way "stored away" in your checkout or do you still need to race as fast as possible to enter all your credit info?
I added my CC info and logged in before that point. Once I got the second click it allowed me to add to cart, had me log in again, and then came to checkout.

Well for shits and giggles I checked Best Buy this morning, and OMG there it is...*clicks add to cart* ... "You have to do one more step... please wait" ahhhh so this is the shit people were talking about. Presumably "please wait" and if I'm staring at the screen at the exact moment the "release some more cards" it'll add to cart and I'll still get out botted on the check out procedures
You weren't out-botted, just too many thousands of other people doing the exact same thing at the same time.

To their credit, Best Buy has actually thwarted most of the auto-checkout bots with recent site/API changes.

You need to race because they seem to limit how many are allocated to certain regions/stores.

I fought with their system for a 3060Ti and a 5900X. Both let me add to cart but when it came to the checkout, it wouldn't let me pick any store near me.
Oh ouch... so if you get by that 2nd check, there may be a 3rd and they're only store pickup? I mean crap at that point why couldn't I just go to the damn store myself and get one.

Either way, I'm ok with waiting a bit longer, it seems this is about 3x faster than a 970 (my current card) I'm fairly happy with this, so major boost when I get around to getting one.

So if you pass the "second click" is it in any way "stored away" in your checkout or do you still need to race as fast as possible to enter all your credit info?
It is reserved once you enter checkout according to Best Buy:

1606941287325.jpeg

You weren't out-botted, just too many thousands of other people doing the exact same thing at the same time.

To their credit, Best Buy has actually thwarted most of the auto-checkout bots with recent site/API changes.

Yeah, I've had the most luck with Best Buy. Snagged a PS5 on launch day and scored a XSX a couple of weeks after. No luck with GPUs, but also haven't been there for launches either (except 3080, but my focus was on newegg.)

I got to checkout...and it would not let me select a store. I tried like 15 different stores up to 70 miles away until it eventually got pulled from my cart :-/
you have it reserved at that point. You just have to select pickup in another state. Unfortunately I'm serious, you could have gotten through checkout if you selected a store in a region able to get cards. It happened to me in the first round or two with the 3090s, had it in cart and could get to checkout, couldn't check out with any store in my state or states near mine, but randomly checked and.... could pick up in grand rapids, MI.

you have it reserved at that point. You just have to select pickup in another state. Unfortunately I'm serious, you could have gotten through checkout if you selected a store in a region able to get cards. It happened to me in the first round or two with the 3090s, had it in cart and could get to checkout, couldn't check out with any store in my state or states near mine, but randomly checked and.... could pick up in grand rapids, MI.
So if you live near a rural BB you're pretty SoL, I'd assume. I called my local store yesterday to see if they would have any and sat on hold for 15 minutes before I gave up.

So if you live near a rural BB you're pretty SoL, I'd assume. I called my local store yesterday to see if they would have any and sat on hold for 15 minutes before I gave up.
not necessarily, I think it is by region/district, making up a few or several stores, probably however many cards and headed to the hub from which the cards ship supplying those stores.

3090's seeming easier to get, or at least more drops today than usual. I've got several on order with Amazon now and will either put them in F/S at zero-profit or cancel them.

View attachment 305086
Keep me posted if any end up F/S. I’m still not totally convinced I want to buy a 3090, but I’m considering it.

There were 0 in the Memphis area. That explains my failure to get any since launch if its region. I havent got passed shipping once in my cart.

Fuck... entered my CSV, clicked confirm payment.. then "item in your cart not available" had to cancel the ram sticks order. :/

Does 3080 seem any easier to get on specifically Amazon now compared to a month ago?

Does 3080 seem any easier to get on specifically Amazon now compared to a month ago?
Easier? Yes. Easy? Not even close.

Stock seems to be dropping more often at all retailers now. At the beginning we’d sometimes go an entire week without a single drop at a single retailer. Now we seem to get drops a few times per week across various retailers.

EVGA sent me a 2nd email notification today for a 3070. I had to RMA the first, so, this will be the 3rd 3070 from them. Still waiting for 3080's and 3090's. Maybe next year.

Managed to pick up a Gigabyte 3060ti today for my son from the 4pm NewEgg drop. Could have nabbed a couple 3090's today (NewEgg), but I just cant justify the price to myself. Did not see any 3080's show as available. Hopefully will be able to pick up a 3080 or 6800XT someday soon, my poor 5700XT is not going to be able to do Cyberpunk justice at 4k.

Doing it wrong. PayPal.
Would Paypal be any faster? For me it always forwards me to paypal's website and back... vs. having the CC saved on Newegg and typing 3 digits I have memorized. Genuinely curious.

Would Paypal be any faster? For me it always forwards me to paypal's website and back... vs. having the CC saved on Newegg and typing 3 digits I have memorized. Genuinely curious.
Yes. Offloads that from Newegg’s site- almost everyone having success there is using PayPal because the transaction happens in the background. It’s not the speed, it’s the offload it seems.

Count me in among those :(

It had been so long since my previous post that I stopped logging in... then when i decided to post I couldn't remember the pw and the email I'd given up the email I'd originally associated the account with..
View attachment 305538
PM a mod, they may be able to merge the accounts.

ive yet to see any card in stock ever and its quite depressing

Ive had multiple 3080s in my cart in BB listed as IN STOCK with pickup available near me. Only for them once I press checkout (and yes everything saved so all I have to do is add to cart and GO) to have them tell me to F off because its not in stock near me.

EVGA has finally fulfilled all of the launch day (17-Sep) notifications for the RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, the one with the most demand out of their line-up. Each following day seems to have less and less sign-ups so the queue may "seem" to go faster now.

There just now done with 9/17....good lord. I'll never see 10/6.

Exactly. I think if we get a 3080 at this point it will be pure let. I am not holding my breath for the TI either. Maybe the next gen...until then I guess not much PC gaming for me.

I'm guessing if you signed up for a 3080 FTW3 Ultra after September you won't be seeing it until late spring 2021 at the earliest if you signed up in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back